Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda City 2009 what mods to get?

views

SUSFenix98
post Feb 1 2019, 07:04 PM

Happy Meal upsized Sir?
377 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Jan 31 2019, 11:51 AM)
I am planning to "improve" my 2009 Honda City with some simple mod. I am not really into cosmetic stuffs like adding modulo kits. I am more into practical mods that can improve the car in terms of ride or security or usage experience and so on.

So wahai sifus, please suggest some mods that I can apply to this car.

Some of the stuffs that I am thinking of doing:

1) front dash cam - getting one with budget around RM200.
2) back/reverse cam - don't really need this
3) android 10" player - still considering - around RM1000
4) polish and wax the car - have never really done this. - RM???
5) LED headlight - I am not into LED headlight shining a people
6) Car balance bar - good for when cornering...can consider if cheap enough
7) Better rim and tyre? Currently using stock 15" rim
8) Better suspension system? Currently using stock.

Please comment and suggest, thanks!
Handling - change ur rear sway bar to aftermarket then if the back is more stable too ur driving then install fender bars.
Feels good n stable change aftermarket shocks. Now u cornering faster then before and u feel the front of the car rolling too much then add front strut bar.... now better but at the braking limit u feel the car bottom moving then add front subframe bar.... etc add things gradually.... too what needs to be addressed.

Lighter rims with wider JJ width spread the tyre out more and help the car corner better with less unsprung weight. Better stick to 15 to avoid speedometer errors and acceleration, fc etc.

Drop in K&N for hi rpm lighter feeling.... budget and low rpm lighter feeling simota. Best balance k&n. Best filtration, stock air filter .

SUSFenix98
post Feb 2 2019, 02:58 AM

Happy Meal upsized Sir?
377 posts

QUOTE(alvinrenren @ Feb 1 2019, 07:54 PM)
This is the most useful comment (in my personal opinion). Many things in the car are to be replaced, repaired during the lifetime of the car and the cost is substantial. Even for small car like viva that I have. Belts, atf, bushing, absorber(s), springs, even small stuff like water pump for window washer fluid. Cleaning your engine internals (after 10 years) should be one of your main priority, even if you use Ron 97 all the time.
1) front dash cam - getting one with budget around RM200.
Depends on your preference. Do take note if you are to record when car is parked and off, these rm200 cams might not do. Night time recordings also might not be clear depending on placement. Dash cam also some have both front and rear if accident recordings are your need. Xiaomi have rear ones? These cams can be bought over to your new car so u might consider better featured (and consequently more expensive ) ones like blackvue/ thinkware/ iroad. Wiring should be done proper and not half hanging. Don’t plug to cig lighter if possible.

U haven’t owned a Toyota or Honda yet.... water pump
2) back/reverse cam - don't really need this
Many countries have/ thinking of implementing regulations for cars to have these cams. As these usually have wider view of the rear cross traffic compared to just rear view mirror. Fully support to install.

3) android 10" player - still considering - around RM1000
If budget issue, can skip. Live with hits.fm until your new car comes.

4) polish and wax the car - have never really done this. - RM???
If diy is your thing, get rotary machine and diy polish and wax your car, these stuff can hasten your hand polish work and with it knowing these are done yourself, you might sleep well. Can be used on your new car as well these stuff.

5) LED headlight - I am not into LED headlight shining a people
If headlight is not reflection type and more like projector type, HID with proper adjustments to not blind people is a better option. If the size of bulb fits your new car later, can reuse. LED might not have the correct throw nor the light pattern which suit your car easily.

6) Car balance bar - good for when cornering...can consider if cheap enough
Rear sway bar if you must, front strut will cause understeer. Ultraracing are quite expensive if you think about it, painted steel bar also cost few hundred ka..... finish repair/ refurbish your car first.....

7) Better rim and tyre? Currently using stock 15" rim
Forget about rims, bigger rims on your 09 city won’t bring in the wooo.... waaa..... effect amongst your family/ friends/ ladies/ crowd in general. Bigger tyres for comfort if you may, and target your budget to your new car later.

8) Better suspension system? Currently using stock.
10 years absorber need to replace, spring might not have the tensile strength. Change to thicker suspension for better comfort through Malaysia crap roads, not lowered. 09 city takkan u want to say...... lowered car for better turning at high speed etc...... cmon maybe your new car la....

I can say u underestimate the cost of a 10 year old car in terms of maintenance. The most basic stuff I can see u need to change are the tyres, suspension, engine mounting, bushing. These are not including your major maintenance like engine cleaning ( maybe overhaul?) spark plugs, all type of oil like hydraulic power steering, atf, engine. Baring any issues with electronics like power windows (yes even the best cars might have issues after 10 years), ecu( Honda ones quite expensive), wiring if they hardened and break( these are expensive)....
[QUOTE]

Toyota and Honda mounts, water pump ( if stock coolant is used ) and belt can last more then ten years especially the vios even the brake pads last 8 years 😂 but they’re slower then bmws and Audi’s. Suspension n bushing don’t last max 5 years... conti car by 4 ++++ year must trade in to next model 😎

This post has been edited by Fenix98: Feb 2 2019, 03:03 AM
SUSFenix98
post Feb 2 2019, 03:00 AM

Happy Meal upsized Sir?
377 posts

Japanese cars are about cheapness of maintenance

This post has been edited by Fenix98: Feb 2 2019, 03:21 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:32 PM