Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Opening A Pharmacy - Is It Worth It?, Help me decide to go or not to go

parambala
post Jan 30 2019, 12:58 PM

Group: Newbie

I am in the business of providing software solution for independent pharmacies and small groups. My software provides the small guys with the edge to compete with the bigger guys. If you like to know more about my software, please do contact me at 012.93.456.39 - Param

Thanks and good luck with your decision.
Phojo
post Feb 11 2019, 02:09 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jan 29 2019, 02:50 PM)
Pharmacy as name implied that people taught selling medicine and prescribed drug, but nowadays, those healthy supplement product (vitamins), and heath care product (from shampoo, to toothpaste etc) may the main selling revenue for some pharmacy, while those medicine just occupy a small corner only of the shop only.

In term of business pov, pharmacy is not about selling medicine only.
I agree. The sale of prescribed medicine and off the counter medicine might not be viable enough for the pharmacy. Adding health supplements and health care products are definitely necessary. However a word of caution not to sell everything in the pharmacy such that it becomes more like a provision shop.

Stick to medicine and health related products. At the end of the day, if the pharmacy provides good advice to customers then more people may patronize it.

I came across this website which contains some useful tips for startups. The website is at http://www.startbizup.com.
mr lappy
post Feb 11 2019, 07:29 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

its tough and long hours. be prepared to do that especially during the initial period.
plumberly
post Feb 11 2019, 09:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

My 2 cents response to those who want to start a business is always

prepare your business plan.

What to cover etc can be found in the web samples.

Critical section is to estimate the daily turnover needed to make it a profitable business. Say in the analysis, you need RM10k per month to break RMx profit, is this RM10k sales realistic, achievable?

Like others have suggested, may be take a smaller step by working in a pharmacy first, to get a feel for the real pharmacy retail business, the nuts and bolts, the success and failure.

All the very best. Good to see people wanting to do better by planning ahead, asking others, creating your own luck. To some, luck is when preparation meets opportunity!

Cheerio.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0514sec    5.90    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd February 2019 - 12:20 AM