Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cimb atm/debit card fee

views

ziling60
post May 5 2021, 04:54 PM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Nov 1 2020, 02:06 PM)
BSA is free, why would you want to cancel something that's free?

Also one more thing I found out. No matter how one applies BSA and link all accounts, the fundamental principle is there.

Eg, I have both BSA and non BSA accounts in cimb. Both have atm and one is free one is chargeable. Both have their own separate click login. If I login to my BSA click account, I am able to see my other cimb accounts but I will only be able to transfer money from my BSA account and vice versa. So I am not able to cancel my non BSA account atm card because if I do, I will not be able to transfer money from that account online.

In short I have to pay the rm15 if I want to online transfer money from that non BSA account. For those who managed to have the atm card suspended or cancelled which resulted in 0 annual fee paid and still able to transfer the money, congrats because either a bug or you did it before they fix the issue.
Hi, just wonder, did you manage to sort this out with CIMB? What is the process if u don mind to update this here? Thanks.
joeblow
post May 5 2021, 10:39 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(ziling60 @ May 5 2021, 04:54 PM)
Hi, just wonder, did you manage to sort this out with CIMB? What is the process if u don mind to update this here? Thanks.
OK here's the catch with my case. Others might not have the same experience.

CIMB you can apply for non fee paying BSA. I have another current account with internet login. So when you log in, you can see your non paying BSA account. But you will not be able to transfer money from that account. Only the account you created your login you can do it. If I log in another internet account for that non paying BSA, I can transfer the money only from that account.

In the end I resign to my fate and pay the RM15 or whatever to CIMB. This CIMB really rip off...LOL.
ziling60
post May 5 2021, 10:43 PM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ May 5 2021, 10:39 PM)
OK here's the catch with my case. Others might not have the same experience.

CIMB you can apply for non fee paying BSA. I have another current account with internet login. So when you log in, you can see your non paying BSA account. But you will not be able to transfer money from that account. Only the account you created your login you can do it. If I log in another internet account for that non paying BSA, I can transfer the money only from that account.

In the end I resign to my fate and pay the RM15 or whatever to CIMB. This CIMB really rip off...LOL.
I think u can close the fee paying one, and then open a new one which will work better. And i read online u can also transfer online using the non fee paying one. Agreed with u that cimb is really rip off. May be u need to close the other account first. I hope i don miss anything or misunderstand it, but thats the concept i get from reading the explanation online by cimb.
joeblow
post May 5 2021, 10:46 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(ziling60 @ May 5 2021, 10:43 PM)
I think u can close the fee paying one, and then open a new  one which will work better. And i read online u can also transfer online using the non fee paying one. Agreed with u that cimb is really rip off. May be u need to close the other account first. I hope i don miss anything or misunderstand it, but thats the concept i get from reading the explanation online by cimb.
Unfortunately I cannot close the fee paying one. And the atm card seems mandatory and will charge even if I report as lost. As internet transfer very important to me, I never bother to report lost etc. Just pay Rm15 a year.
ziling60
post May 5 2021, 11:50 PM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ May 5 2021, 10:46 PM)
Unfortunately I cannot close the fee paying one. And the atm card seems mandatory and will charge even if I report as lost. As internet transfer very important to me, I never bother to report lost etc. Just pay Rm15 a year.
Do you know the non fee paying one is also havin ATM card and internet banking features? Just that u can only withdraw for 5 or 8 times per months, i cant remember, and additional charges apply for subsequent ones.
audio technica
post May 13 2021, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(ziling60 @ May 5 2021, 04:50 PM)
Did u mean u can change ur account type from a fee type into a non fee type, WITHOUT having to close the existing account, and open a new account? Thats was not the CIMB person told me. They said i must close the account and then open a new one, they cannot process the change for me
i managed to get mine changed.

end of day, i think it really depends on the branch and mood of the person you're dealing with, there might be new internal policies that could restrict such things. i converted my account back in 2019 without changing the account number etc. other things like how much money is in your account could be a factor too.

ziling60
post May 13 2021, 03:16 PM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(audio technica @ May 13 2021, 12:16 PM)
i managed to get mine changed.

end of day, i think it really depends on the branch and mood of the person you're dealing with, there might be new internal policies that could restrict such things. i converted my account back in 2019 without changing the account number etc. other things like how much money is in your account could be a factor too.
Thanks for sharing. Did you have a huge balance in ur account thats why?
Mine was extremely little, less than RM100 only haha, thats why i guess? They don allow me to.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.70    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:14 PM