RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Smart Tag & Touch'n'Go Price Reduced, [UPDATED] Only RM50 for Smart Tag

x3oN[v3]
post Jun 14 2007, 04:16 PM

[ - x 3 o N - ] | v ³ |
Group: Senior Member

Price of Smart Tag and Touch 'n Go card reduced

SEREMBAN: Smart TAG will cost only RM50 for the next three months in conjunction with the 50th Merdeka Day celebrations.

The normal price for a unit is RM100.

The price for a Touch 'n Go card will also been halved to RM5 during the period.

Works Minister Datuk Seri S Samy Vellu said the government incollaboration with the 22 toll concessionaires and Rangkaian Segar Sdn Bhd has agreed to offer the package to encourage more motorists to go electronic.

He said 30,000 SmartTAGs and 150,000 Touch'n Go cards would be offered.

"However, each motorist would only be allowed to buy one set," he said adding that it was a good time to buy the gadget which cost RM240 when it was first introduced.

Motorists would now have to pay RM65 for a set - which would include RM10 for the prepaid credit.

Samy Vellu said the campaign would be held in stages with 2,000 SmartTAGs and 10,000 Touch'n Go cards up for sale in June and July respectively.

In June, the items would be on sale from Mondays to Fridays at the Rawang, Sg Buloh, Kota Damansara, Jalan Duta and Sg Besi toll plazas.

The following month, motorists would be able to get them at the Penang Bridge, Elite expressway and Linkedua in Johor.

"The items would be sold at these toll plazas as traffic here is heavier," he said.

In August, the items would be available at all toll plazas.

Samy Vellu said at present, only 40 per cent of all motorists passing through toll plazas used the electronic system.

At the Penang Bridge, about 60 per cent of motorists use the facility.

He urged motorists to grab the offer as the SmartTAG lanes could process 900 transactions in an hour compared with 240 transactions at manual lanes.

"Also, the same system would form the basis for the gantry system which we hope to introduce soon," he told reporters after opening Plus' north bound R&R area along the North South Highway near here.

Under the gantry system, motorists need not stop to pay toll at the booths.

Deductions would be made automatically from their prepaid toll cards, almost similar to the present SmartTAG system.

On when the new system would be introduced, he said a working paper has been submitted to the ministry and once this was finalised, a meeting with toll concessionaires would be called to see how quickly this could be implemented.

"Once the system is up and running, we will be able to track the whereabouts of vehicles entering and exiting the highways as well as help the authorities check crime as all information would be registered in our database," he added.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...0017&sec=nation

Smart tag is affordable now, even a student can afford it. Will it cause slower transaction in Smart Tag lane? Will you buy one during this 3 month promotion?

UPDATES**

Smart TAG transponders snapped up like hot cakes

KUALA LUMPUR: Demand for the subsidised Smart TAG transponders was so great that by noon, the 500 units allocated to the Kota Damansara toll booth were sold out.

According to a motorist, people were still going to Kota Damansara in the afternoon.

By noon, only 150 units were left at the Sungai Besi toll booth and 30 at the Jalan Duta toll booth. Sale of the transponders at the Rawang and Sungai Buloh toll booths began at 4pm.

In conjunction with the 50th Merdeka celebrations, 30,000 transponders will be sold at RM50 each while 150,000 Touch 'n Go cards will be sold at RM5 each from June till August.

The Government subsidised the prices together with 22 participating toll concessionaires and Rangkaian Segar Sdn Bhd.

A total of 2,000 units were allocated to the five toll booths for this month and once these are sold out, those who wish to buy the transponders would have to wait for next month's allocation.

Khalilah Mohd Talha, PLUS Expressways' corporate communications general manager, admitted that she did not expect such an overwhelming response and hoped that consumers would be patient.

"Please wait for the announcement on next month's promotions and where they will be sold on the Second Link and Elite Highway," she said.

Another 4,000 transponders will be available next month at the Second Link and Elite Highway. The remaining 26,000 will be sold in August at all other highway concessionaires.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...7080&sec=nation

To those who didn't get their Smart Tag, try again next month or if you can wait till August. doh.gif

Anyone bought the Smart Tag during this promotion period?

This post has been edited by x3oN[v3]: Jun 16 2007, 05:12 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joshua_0718
post Jun 14 2007, 04:21 PM

**Keep Walking 不停地走**

QUOTE(x3oN[v3] @ Jun 14 2007, 04:16 PM)
Price of Smart Tag and Touch 'n Go card reduced

SEREMBAN: Smart TAG will cost only RM50 for the next three months in conjunction with the 50th Merdeka Day celebrations.

The normal price for a unit is RM100.

The price for a Touch 'n Go card will also been halved to RM5 during the period. 

Works Minister Datuk Seri S Samy Vellu said the government incollaboration with the 22 toll concessionaires and Rangkaian Segar Sdn Bhd has agreed to offer the package to encourage more motorists to go electronic.

He said 30,000 SmartTAGs and 150,000 Touch'n Go cards would be offered.

"However, each motorist would only be allowed to buy one set," he said adding that it was a good time to buy the gadget which cost RM240 when it was first introduced.

Motorists would now have to pay RM65 for a set - which would include RM10 for the prepaid credit.

Samy Vellu said the campaign would be held in stages with 2,000 SmartTAGs and 10,000 Touch'n Go cards up for sale in June and July respectively.

In June, the items would be on sale from Mondays to Fridays at the Rawang, Sg Buloh, Kota Damansara, Jalan Duta and Sg Besi toll plazas.

The following month, motorists would be able to get them at the Penang Bridge, Elite expressway and Linkedua in Johor. 

"The items would be sold at these toll plazas as traffic here is heavier," he said.

In August, the items would be available at all toll plazas.

Samy Vellu said at present, only 40 per cent of all motorists passing through toll plazas used the electronic system.

At the Penang Bridge, about 60 per cent of motorists use the facility.

He urged motorists to grab the offer as the SmartTAG lanes could process 900 transactions in an hour compared with 240 transactions at manual lanes.

"Also, the same system would form the basis for the gantry system which we hope to introduce soon," he told reporters after opening Plus' north bound R&R area along the North South Highway near here.

Under the gantry system, motorists need not stop to pay toll at the booths. 

Deductions would be made automatically from their prepaid toll cards, almost similar to the present SmartTAG system. 

On when the new system would be introduced, he said a working paper has been submitted to the ministry and once this was finalised, a meeting with toll concessionaires would be called to see how quickly this could be implemented.

"Once the system is up and running, we will be able to track the whereabouts of vehicles entering and exiting the highways as well as help the authorities check crime as all information would be registered in our database," he added.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...0017&sec=nation

Smart tag is affordable now, even a student can afford it. Will it cause slower transaction in Smart Tag lane? Will you buy one during this 3 month promotion?
It won't. The lane will keep moving slow although it has many car. Still much faster than touch & go and cash tol. Unless there is some idiot went into smart tag lane doh.gif
+Quote Post
travis_ckf
post Jun 14 2007, 04:21 PM

ambitious but rubbish......

Great! Its about time for me to use smart tag. But i afraid later the smart tag lane will be congested rather than the normal cash toll lane. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
saimatkong
post Jun 14 2007, 04:24 PM

Yes, i will buy. but i duno which toll is which toll ler ?
the sprint highway near the estin there go sell or where can i grab it ? i just want the smart tag as i have touch'n go
+Quote Post
Vtec
post Jun 14 2007, 04:29 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

hmm...see lo...

if smart tag long que, use tounch n go lane
else user Tunai lane lo.

my friend do it that way even he go smart tag.

my 2 cent
+Quote Post
shah_ho_nam2
post Jun 14 2007, 04:34 PM

らき☆すた

time to replace the old box shaped ones...
+Quote Post
bad_y2k
post Jun 14 2007, 04:36 PM

Group: New Member

hmm i just wonder whether after the gantry system introduced, do we need to get any other new devices installed in our car? how bout the smart tag? can we still use it?
+Quote Post
Joshua_0718
post Jun 14 2007, 04:48 PM

**Keep Walking 不停地走**

I wonder why we don't have the system that installed in every car like Singapore. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
nagasie
post Jun 14 2007, 04:51 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

RM50 for Snart Tag
RM10 for prepaid credit
RM5 for the card itself
RM65 for total package.
am i right??

what will be the snart tag looks like?
i saw many version of smart tag around. my family has 2 different version of smart tag.
+Quote Post
phoenix
post Jun 14 2007, 04:54 PM

Life is all about running...

Can refer here for the picture. http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/467696
+Quote Post
x3oN[v3]

[ - x 3 o N - ] | v ³ |

QUOTE(nagasie @ Jun 14 2007, 04:51 PM)
RM50 for Snart Tag
RM10 for prepaid credit
RM5 for the card itself
RM65 for total package.
am i right??

what will be the snart tag looks like?
i saw many version of smart tag around. my family has 2 different version of smart tag.
Yes, that's right. Most probably it will be the latest model shown below. Come to think of it, are they doing this promotion to clear off stocks so that a new model will be replacing it?

user posted image
+Quote Post
binary

PreBeT_LaPok

Hmm.. RM50. Quite cheap. Last time bought it at RM100 with RM100 top up card.
+Quote Post
seanlimys
post Jun 14 2007, 04:57 PM

PCXtreme_S3@nL|mY$

i m going to get myself one...too conjested tolls
+Quote Post
phoenix
post Jun 14 2007, 04:58 PM

QUOTE(x3oN[v3] @ Jun 14 2007, 04:54 PM)
Yes, that's right. Most probably it will be the latest model shown below. Come to think of it, are they doing this promotion to clear off stocks so that a new model will be replacing it?
user posted image
Latest model doesn't has display.

This post has been edited by phoenix: Jun 14 2007, 04:59 PM
+Quote Post
x3oN[v3]
post Jun 14 2007, 05:00 PM

[ - x 3 o N - ] | v ³ |

I think reducing the price also greatly reduce the chance of your window getting broken for your Smart Tag. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
donpapachino
post Jun 14 2007, 05:11 PM

project 138 completed

anybody here can offer in bulk orders ar? tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Beach_Boy
post Jun 14 2007, 05:17 PM

:D

QUOTE(donpapachino @ Jun 14 2007, 05:11 PM)
anybody here can offer in bulk orders ar? tongue.gif
its one per person ler, how to do bulk orders?
+Quote Post
yewkhuay
post Jun 14 2007, 05:26 PM

I don't even belong here....

advisable to buy? wuld it be like no screen to display credit left after toll?
+Quote Post
phoenix
post Jun 14 2007, 05:28 PM

According to Samy, it will be used once the new gantry system comes up. If you don't mind the ommision of the display, it's a good buy. And I personally think they will not revert back to the version with the display already.
+Quote Post
RoxyMunky
post Jun 14 2007, 05:28 PM

MalaoZai

QUOTE(yewkhuay @ Jun 14 2007, 05:26 PM)
advisable to buy? wuld it be like no screen to display credit left after toll?
doh.gif doh.gif u can see the balance everytime u used it wat?? wink.gif

also, we can buy it right from toll booth or have to walk into its office??

the Sg Besi Toll that the referring are the Besraya Toll Plaza? or the RM0.50 toll at East-West link?? rclxub.gif

edited: typo error~~ tongue.gif

This post has been edited by RoxyMunky: Jun 14 2007, 05:29 PM
+Quote Post

39 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0691sec    1.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 01:07 AM