SUSdarthboyzzee
post Jan 23 2019, 01:56 PM

45 posts

Sebab tu aku gelak je kat machai bodo yang bercaya cakap LKS. tongue.gif
frossonice
post Jan 23 2019, 01:57 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(toda_erika_II @ Jan 23 2019, 01:47 PM)
If PH lose, he will not do that then? BTW
http://ww1.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y...ur&pg=wt_01.htm
You're quoting 2008 news. Since then JPN already did so many outreach mobile program to register them.
Fubar20
post Jan 23 2019, 02:00 PM

Regular
1,187 posts

If Pakatan Harapan can win in Cameron Highlands by-election on Saturday, I will convene a Pakatan Harapan conference of Orang Asli representatives in Cameron Highlands to draft a blueprint for Orang Asli to become full citizens of Malaysia
Kit Kit
4 hours ago
If Pakatan Harapan can win in Cameron Highlands by-election on Saturday, I will convene a Pakatan Harapan conference of Orang Asli represnetatives in Cameron Highlands to draft a blueprint for Orang Asli to become full citizens of Malaysia.

Although Barisan Nasonal and PAS leaders and propagandists had spread the toxic and vicious falsehoods before the last general election that I was the real political power in Pakatan Harapan and will become the Prime Minister if Pakatan Harapan wins the 14th General Election, events have exposed these lies and falsehoods.

I am not even in the Cabinet and I cannot speak on behalf of the Pakatan Harapan Government.
The Pakatan Harapan Government will not make any promises because we want to set a good example of clean, free and fair elections after M. Manogaran had succeeded in his election petition resulting in the election of MIC National Vice President C. Sivarraajh as MP for Cameron Highlands last May being declared as null and void, causing the by-election on Saturday.

We will not make any promises, but I confess being shocked after various visits to Orang Asli posts and kampongs in Cameron Highlands at the plight of the Orang Asli after six decades, where after sixty years, they are still denied the most basic of infrastructures like proper access roads, clean water supply, electricity, as well as denied the provision of the most elementary of their needs whether in education, health and medical care, housing, economic opportunities and most important of all, the long-standing denial of the traditional land rights of the Orang Asli.

At the meeting of the Parliamentary Caucus on Institutional Reform and Governance next Tuesday, I wlll raise the issue of failure of the Barisan Nasional government to end the poverty, backwardness and neglect of the socio-economic and educational rights and position of the Orang Asli, and most important of all the long-standing deprivation of their traditional land rights after sixty years, and the need for institutional reforms to break the back of such a problem.

Some years ago, Suhakam completed a wide-ranging special report on indigenous people in Malaysia, and made eighteen recommendations including the review of the role and responsibilities of the Department for Orang Asli Affairs JAKOA.

However, the Najib government completely ignored the Suhakam special report on the Indigenous People in Malaysia and not a single one of the Suhakam’s eighteen recommendations had been implemented in the past six years.

I spent last night in Kampong Dayok in Pos Lenjang with the DAP MP for Bentong, Wong Tak. We agreed that there is great economic potential for Cameron Highlands, with the uplands as the national centre for vegetable and flower farming, exporting to the world; while the lowlands at Jelai with great potential to be developed into famous centre of eco-tourism.

(Speech by DAP MP for Iskandar Puteri Lim Kit Siang in Orang Asli Kampong Titom, Pos Lenjang, Jelai on Monday 21st January 2019 at 10 am)

Sos
neoexcaliber
post Jan 23 2019, 02:06 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

Maybe you guys should read the link posted under that tweet as well. I just noticed he said citizen and not citizenship. He's probably referring to the idea of an active citizen.

QUOTE(cassian948 @ Jan 23 2019, 01:56 PM)
Peninsular Malaysia
"If one of the parents is Muslim Malay/Orang Asli as stated in Article 160 (2) Federal Constitution of Malaysia; thus the child is considered as a Bumiputra"

Sabah
"If the child was born in Sabah or the father was domiciled in Sabah at the time of birth, and one of the parents is an indigenous native of Sabah as stated in Article 161A (6)(b) Federal Constitution of Malaysia; thus his child is considered as a Bumiputra"

Sarawak
"If both of the parents are indigenous natives of Sarawak as stated in Article 161A (6)(a) Federal Constitution of Malaysia; thus their child is considered as a Bumiputra"

Bumiputera (Malaysia)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumiputera_(Malaysia)
The same Wiki article you cited has this:

Another controversial aspect is that the Orang Asli of peninsular Malaysia are not considered Bumiputra under the Federal constitution.

I think the reading of that should be 'is Muslim Malay or a Muslim Orang Asli.' Article 160(2) is the definition of a Malay person.

This post has been edited by neoexcaliber: Jan 23 2019, 02:07 PM
gestapo
post Jan 23 2019, 02:19 PM

Full HD Post Count
1,160 posts

u help me i help u again
TSshahrul09
post Jan 23 2019, 02:27 PM

Regular
1,330 posts

My opinion, PH is a gov now.
Whether they win the Cameron or not, or whether whatever citizenships orang asli have not get (quarter/half/full citizen idk what he meant)
They are the Gov now, no need to wait till they win la baru mau tolong...
No need to put “will” la, what if they doesn’t win. No help anymore?

This post has been edited by shahrul09: Jan 23 2019, 02:28 PM
Robin Hood
post Jan 23 2019, 02:27 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

Maybe most of them don't have birth cert and because of that no ic.
johnsdoes
post Jan 23 2019, 02:29 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

org asli dkt perdana kaya gila.
jeles
Robin Hood
post Jan 23 2019, 02:29 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(shahrul09 @ Jan 23 2019, 02:27 PM)
Whether they win the Cameron or not, or whether whatever citizenships orang asli have not get (quarter/half/full citizen idk what he meant)
I agree with u.

Win or no win this is serious problem that need to be address hopefully can help them get their rightful Id
azarimy
post Jan 23 2019, 02:31 PM

mister architect: the arrogant pr*ck
Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

QUOTE(e_mc_square @ Jan 23 2019, 01:52 PM)
Aiyo, my post being deleted for good.

Well, many orang asli live in jungle since we are here. I think many of them don't even have IC.

I think what Lim refer to is what group the are belongs to. What kind of benefit they have as a citizen.
orang asli from semenanjung is bumiputera. u can find many of them in UiTM.
azarimy
post Jan 23 2019, 02:32 PM

mister architect: the arrogant pr*ck
Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

this^

can close thread now.
amirulhakimiazman
post Jan 23 2019, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

makin sedap la jibby troll.
reed90
post Jan 23 2019, 02:38 PM

Road to the End
1,552 posts

what the fucuk?

orang asli now consider pendatang?

reed90
post Jan 23 2019, 02:39 PM

Road to the End
1,552 posts

that's how politican do work bro

if u think PH and BN got any difference, you're too naive
WinkyJr
post Jan 23 2019, 03:04 PM

Casual
381 posts

LKS punya bingai ni ada sikit mcm LGE
are they related?
lagista
post Jan 23 2019, 03:12 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jan 23 2019, 02:31 PM)
orang asli from semenanjung is bumiputera. u can find many of them in UiTM.
to honour them, petronas chairman post at least give to org asli
pikacu
post Jan 23 2019, 03:13 PM

male tag rosak
7,740 posts

QUOTE(WinkyJr @ Jan 23 2019, 03:04 PM)
LKS punya bingai ni ada sikit mcm LGE
are they related?
awak punya bingai pun sama macam itu anak beranak
pikacu
post Jan 23 2019, 03:14 PM

male tag rosak
7,740 posts

full citizenship , as in being treated as true malaysian?

goodluck!
gh0st
post Jan 23 2019, 03:16 PM

3 posts

hahaha orang asli even got special privilage la woi...
Aparaa
post Jan 23 2019, 03:25 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(pikacu @ Jan 23 2019, 03:13 PM)
awak punya bingai pun sama macam itu anak beranak
Maybe the 3 of them related. whistling.gif

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:14 PM