Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Do radio controlled watch work in Malaysia?, Just wondering

views

TSmystvearn
post Feb 8 2020, 03:02 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Feb 8 2020, 12:28 PM)
Hi, sorry to bring up the old thread.
I'm here to give you the answer, the answer is either yes or no.
Yes, actually its depends. Sometimes works, sometimes didn't.

The China famous brand RC clock is "Compas", 康巴丝 (or 康巴絲 in traditional Chinese) in Chinese. Which is actually works in Malaysia. They are using China BPC unlike the Seiko, Citizen, Casio brands with Japan JJY.

However, there got some conditions to receive the radiowave signals because not all area of Malaysia are able to receive the BPC radiowave.

The conditions as below,
1. You must live in Sabah.
2. The clock must only put near to window.
3. If you are living in double storey house, the clock must only put at upstairs of your house such the bedrooms but not for living room or dining room at downstairs of your house.
4. Due to very weak signals from BPC, the clock only can receive signal during midnight. So if you want to try to sync the time of your clock, you must only do in the midnight but the success rate is low. So better just let the clock automatic sync for itself and left for few days.

Let's me explain why we can use the China BPC clockwave clock in Sabah. Actually the BPC radio station is located at Shangqiu, Henan, China. This station got differentiate to two types of waves. The first one is ground wave, then the second one is sky wave. Ground wave is the area of 1,000km (official says 500km) and the signal is strong. sky wave is the area of 3,000km (official says 1,500km) and the signal is weak.

user posted image

After we see the diagram above, then we can notice that the sky wave is actually can spread up to 3,000km. However, who know that Sabah is around 3,100km to 3,200km distance from Shangqiu. It might be works too even though is already beyond the support area. Since we know that, the radiowave actually is able to transfer by speed of light. Just same theory of NASA want to transfer signal from earth to outer space. For example, a black hole from 3,000 light years which is actually existed at 3,000 years ago. The message come to us that we can see through telescope now is actually from 3,000 years ago. Just same theory like the radiowave which transmit from the China BPC clockwave. Who knows that, maybe 3,200km away. I still can receive the radiowave in just 0.01secs delay? Since radiowave is able to transfer from earth to sun for around 8 minutes, why not for clock radiowave too?

I got using the China "Compas" brand radiowave clock too and already been using them about 6 years. I'm a Sabahan and my home is located at Sandakan. My first radiowave clock which was bought at around 2014. That' time I'm still living in my old house, the house was located at batu 9, Jalan Labuk rural area. When come to the year of 2017, we were moved to Taman Utama, Phase 6. Which located behind the St. Monica primary school at Jalan Sibuga. This area can receive the China BPC radiowave signal. We are living in a double-storey semi-detached house. The clock is put on the upstairs in my bedroom. In the beginning, I'm still not believe that the China clock is actually working in Sabah here. I was thought that the clock were no longer accurate. So, the clock was just hang up on the wall and let it run for few days.

After few days later, I was noticed that the clock time was became accurate. I was took out my phone to double check the time. The secs is running exactly consistent with my phone time. Which is totally unbelievable that my clock which bought at 3 years ago (during that time) was really working in my living place. Until 2018, I was bought another China "Compas" radiowave clock for my Kota Kinabalu house. However, the clock can't receive signal from BPC station because I was put it in the living room. Recently, I was bought another Compas brand clock from taobao again. This time I'm not buy the radiowave clock but it is a smart Wifi clock. Yes, of course. China is now began to R&D smart Wifi wall clock (current stage is still under the 1st generation). Since everybody home now already got internet and wireless router in their home. Everything were went to smart, such as smart wifi power plug, smart wifi LED light, smart air-cond, now even have smart Wifi wall clock actually. We just need to connect the clock to our home 2.4GHz wifi then let it sync the internet time once automatic for everyday. No need to seek for radiowave signal from China BPC or Japan JJY anymore, everything just go for internet.

Radiowave need to took around 10 minutes to scan and syncing, sometimes when signal is very very weak and can't get sync successfully.
Smart Wifi is now only need to took around 15 secs to scan and syncing. It is fast and accurate as long as your home wifi got internet.

user posted image
Thank you for the detail information. May I know what watch is it? Or is it just wall clock?

Which wall clock has smart WiFi?

You can try this.

yvliew
post Feb 8 2020, 05:14 PM

Listening to IU - Strawberry Moon
3,517 posts

I am from sabah and I never knew that we can sync radiowave on watches. I have multiband 6 g-shock. will it work?? Do I have to change to other timezone on the watch? Or it's fine with local time? I will try it tonight.. from my window on 2nd floor..
DiRecToRofSaTaN
post May 6 2020, 01:00 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(yvliew @ Feb 8 2020, 05:14 PM)
I am from sabah and I never knew that we can sync radiowave on watches. I have multiband 6 g-shock. will it work?? Do I have to change to other timezone on the watch? Or it's fine with local time? I will try it tonight.. from my window on 2nd floor..
Whats the results since now can have more time at home ?
I dont think Semenanjung can receive the signal since its further away from the NIST. I just synch my watch with Jjy simulator every once a month more frequent when I have more leisure time.
yvliew
post May 6 2020, 02:49 PM

Listening to IU - Strawberry Moon
3,517 posts

QUOTE(DiRecToRofSaTaN @ May 6 2020, 01:00 PM)
Whats the results since now can have more time at home  ? 
I dont think Semenanjung can receive the signal since its further away from the NIST. I just synch my watch with Jjy simulator every once a month more frequent when I have more leisure time.
seems like setting the watch to 0 follow time.is is much faster and hassle free..
DiRecToRofSaTaN
post May 6 2020, 09:25 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(yvliew @ May 6 2020, 02:49 PM)
seems like setting the watch to 0 follow time.is is much faster and hassle free..
Well if you have bluettooth of course that will be hassle free process. I got a couple of Multiband 6 without bluetooth so I have to perform those manual ritual at least on monthly basis.
TSmystvearn
post May 7 2020, 05:52 AM

6,511 posts

I really thinks bluetooth is the way to go for accuracy. MB6 is a hit or miss.

Also BT watches are cheaper than MB6

This post has been edited by mystvearn: May 7 2020, 05:53 AM
DiRecToRofSaTaN
post May 7 2020, 01:46 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ May 7 2020, 05:52 AM)
I really thinks bluetooth is the way to go for accuracy. MB6 is a hit or miss.

Also BT watches are cheaper than MB6
Its hassle free for Bluetooth but as for me I always use Time.is first to correct phone clock . Most of the time the phone clock is out by .4 or .5 seconds from the exact time . Easier if your android is rooted other wise need to hit time.is several time to have an accurate time.
Everdying
post May 7 2020, 05:42 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

why use time.is aka foreign site?
we got our own mst.sirim.my
TSmystvearn
post May 7 2020, 09:46 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(DiRecToRofSaTaN @ May 7 2020, 01:46 PM)
Its hassle free for Bluetooth but as for me I always use Time.is  first to correct phone clock .  Most of the  time  the phone clock is out by .4 or .5 seconds  from the exact time . Easier if  your android is  rooted other wise  need to hit time.is  several time to have an accurate time.
0.4 secs deviation is the small. I can live with that
DiRecToRofSaTaN
post May 8 2020, 03:16 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ May 7 2020, 09:46 PM)
0.4 secs deviation is the small. I can live with that
I am very particular about the difference , I need the phone to be "Time is Sync".

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:24 PM