Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Career advice - leave or stay

views

vassilius
post Jan 30 2019, 10:26 AM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Jan 30 2019, 09:34 AM)
Bos. U still in cyberjaya ke or kl sudah?
Cyber laa... tough time ahead.
max_cavalera
post Jan 30 2019, 10:42 AM

rebirth
5,408 posts

QUOTE(vassilius @ Jan 30 2019, 11:26 AM)
Cyber laa... tough time ahead.
Dang

Why??

HP ah? Always heard this since few years ago from my previous tenant....

Bila mau ok balik
vassilius
post Jan 30 2019, 10:47 AM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Jan 30 2019, 10:42 AM)
Dang

Why??

HP ah? Always heard this since few years ago from my previous tenant....

Bila mau ok balik
Not HP laa... we are shared service. Economy no good now, projects got cut here and there. 2019 sure recession d.
Chaud
post Jan 30 2019, 01:48 PM

Regular
1,091 posts

QUOTE(Penang_J @ Jan 21 2019, 11:44 PM)
Work 4 years in same company - senior position, salary less than 4k but got petrol allowance + car allowance

Pro
- flexible working hours, 7-8 working hours per day
- doing routine work tasks, less responsibility as all the works o/s by managers
- stable company with high volume of assignments, able to hit personal targets easily
- Increment (about 15% per year)
- Consistent petrol allowance
- New people confirmed in two weeks (workloads can be reduced)
- High bonus (but need wait very long to get)
Con
- bonus last 2 years not yet paid out, bonus for 2018 (maybe wait till 2020).
- High turnover as most of my ex-colleagues had left the company [(more than 15 of them, about 4-5 people left per year)]
- Medical claim capped at RM 50 per month (cant afford to sick twice)
- High volume of work loads as many had left my company last year.
- About same salary as juniors who just joined the company about 1 year (as those people from different industry and nearly 40 or they know how to demand).
- Junior got higher increment as she can work with my boss (insider news)

Current
- Had discussed with my boss who promised to give promotion about 2 months ago, now roti canai and asked me to wait till next increment (3 months later).  With my current situation, the increment wont be high like always (usually few hundred not in term of percentage)
- Bonus 2018 will be forfeit (easily more than 10k based on past performance)
- Got job interview and looking around 5k (maybe management position with higher responsibility)
- CNY bonus coming soon, secure (1) one bonus for 2018
- High commitment as got house

Many friends advised me to leave but most of my competitors also not doing well and pay lower salary. Should I stay or leave after my interview?
if not doing well and pay lower salary, why the risk? plus you are not sure whether the environment would be good or not.

see what they can offer after the interview first, then reconsider
TSPenang_J
post Jan 30 2019, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(vassilius @ Jan 26 2019, 07:25 PM)
wat industry u in?
Insurance
TSPenang_J
post Jan 30 2019, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(poooky @ Jan 29 2019, 08:36 AM)
If no offer n got high commitments n don't have atleast 6 months savings then just stay. No bonus sux but unless stated in ur letter they don't have togive u. Many letters say bonus is at the discretion of MGMT. It is nvr guaranteed.
New offer about 15% higher but no contractual bonus. but extra claims might comes in ...

Current company already wait for more than a year...
TSPenang_J
post Jan 30 2019, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

[quote=Wassupman,Jan 30 2019, 09:40 AM]
it just goes to tell how bad is the economy. even your competitors are not hiring so it means there are no job outside in the market and you expect to resign or bonus at the same time? you are too wishful for a 'senior'.

if you are the boss of this company, what would you have done?

[/quote)

New juniors come in about same salary as mine even they got no experience. I got new offer about 15%, still discussing the package. Bonus already declared so nothing much to worry.

You pay peanut get monkey and I never fail my annual target, my production is about twice more than average worker.
TSPenang_J
post Jan 30 2019, 11:09 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Chaud @ Jan 30 2019, 01:48 PM)
if not doing well and pay lower salary, why the risk? plus you are not sure whether the environment would be good or not.

see what they can offer after the interview first, then reconsider
Already gone to interview, still discussing on the remuneration package, expect to be about 15% higher.

This post has been edited by Penang_J: Jan 30 2019, 11:09 PM
vassilius
post Jan 31 2019, 01:12 PM

Casual
487 posts

[quote=Penang_J,Jan 30 2019, 11:07 PM]
[quote=Wassupman,Jan 30 2019, 09:40 AM]
it just goes to tell how bad is the economy. even your competitors are not hiring so it means there are no job outside in the market and you expect to resign or bonus at the same time? you are too wishful for a 'senior'.

if you are the boss of this company, what would you have done?

[/quote)

New juniors come in about same salary as mine even they got no experience. I got new offer about 15%, still discussing the package. Bonus already declared so nothing much to worry.

You pay peanut get monkey and I never fail my annual target, my production is about twice more than average worker.

[/quote]
Then u are high performer d who bring in good income to company. I'm surprise ur boss treat u like trash though.
TSPenang_J
post Jan 31 2019, 08:28 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(vassilius @ Jan 31 2019, 01:12 PM)
Then u are high performer d who bring in good income to company. I'm surprise ur boss treat u like trash though.
Because some of the management team willing to take low salary (they never complain) and new people come in request for good remuneration package, some of them brainwash my boss and play politics. What to do?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:47 PM