Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Babysitter experienced with premature baby, Recommendation

views

TSanjou
post Jan 21 2019, 09:56 PM, updated 6y ago

22 posts

Hi, my wifey and I just receive our bundle of joy a few weeks ago. He is prematurely born and weight less than 2kg. I have been on a month of leave and soon going to return to work. Even with both of us and my mother, we barely manage to handle our little one. We love him, but I start to see my wife is depressed at handling him. He's tiny and needs steady and gentle hand to hold him. He want breastfeeding every hour, sometimes even more frequent. Then need to cuddle all the time (don't ask me why, he just came home that way). He screams, kicks and curved himself to dangerous backward 'c' shape when he gets upset. He gets upset at everything - including startled by his own passing gas sound, burping, bath time etc etc. Yes, so baby is usually awake for crying or nursing only. He even cries so hard that he turns a bit blue when we change his diapers.

I am scare wifey might get post partum depression and I am looking for a babysitter who is experienced in handling premature babies who are soft, fragile and seriously lack of security to ease her burden. Someone with serious patience and very particular about hygiene. So when I get off work, I can get baby from the babysitter and much better when I am home from work.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations.

This post has been edited by anjou: Jan 21 2019, 09:59 PM
SUSslimey
post Jan 22 2019, 08:35 AM

6,914 posts

Deliver at hospital?

Premature delivery at less than 2 kg weight need to stay at neonatal icu for monitoring and weight gain.

What’s the weight now?
Mrs.A
post Jan 22 2019, 11:12 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(anjou @ Jan 21 2019, 09:56 PM)
Hi, my wifey and I just receive our bundle of joy a few weeks ago. He is prematurely born and weight less than 2kg. I have been on a month of leave and soon going to return to work. Even with both of us and my mother, we barely manage to handle our little one. We love him, but I start to see my wife is depressed at handling him. He's tiny and needs steady and gentle hand to hold him. He want breastfeeding every hour, sometimes even more frequent. Then need to cuddle all the time (don't ask me why, he just came home that way). He screams, kicks and curved himself to dangerous backward 'c' shape when he gets upset. He gets upset at everything - including startled by his own passing gas sound, burping, bath time etc etc. Yes, so baby is usually awake for crying or nursing only. He even cries so hard that he turns a bit blue when we change his diapers.

I am scare wifey might get post partum depression and I am looking for a babysitter who is experienced in handling premature babies who are soft, fragile and seriously lack of security to ease her burden. Someone with serious patience and very particular about hygiene. So when I get off work, I can get baby from the babysitter and much better when I am home from work.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations.
Get a private paediatric nurse service from private hospital for a month or until you baby steady. A bit expensive but It’s better. Postpartum depression can occurred with or without problems, because it’s related to hormones. If you get any sign of PPD, do get immediate help from professional. For all of your baby needs like (cuddle, carry, attention etc etc). It’s very normal.. imagine he still wants to hears his mother’s heartbeat and feels the body warmth. He’s not ready yet to settle on his own. Actually, the only problem that I can see based on your story is emotional depression.. from both of you, both of you feels so devastated.. afraid, tired, worry, etc etc with all the changes and responsibilities that come way too early. 1, get proper help to manage your baby, 2. Get help to manage You+wife’s mental/psychological health, 3. See every challenge and problems with a open mind and heart. Be strong.

TSanjou
post Jan 22 2019, 05:59 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(slimey @ Jan 22 2019, 08:35 AM)
Deliver at hospital?

Premature delivery at less than 2 kg weight need to stay at neonatal icu for monitoring and weight gain.

What’s the weight now?
Yes, and he was in hospital for 3 weeks to gain weight until released at 1.9kg.
MeToo
post Jan 22 2019, 06:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

Stay strong bro, the hard part will pass and you will look back at the experience with fond memories.

As for now, I agree with the poster who suggestred to get an experienced nurse, bear with the cost for a few months, until the baby stabilised.
TSanjou
post Jan 22 2019, 06:05 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Mrs.A @ Jan 22 2019, 11:12 AM)
Get a private paediatric nurse service from private hospital for a month or until you baby steady. A bit expensive but It’s better. Postpartum depression can occurred with or without problems, because it’s related to hormones. If you get any sign of PPD, do get immediate help from professional. For all of your baby needs like (cuddle, carry, attention etc etc). It’s very normal.. imagine he still wants to hears his mother’s heartbeat and feels the body warmth. He’s not ready yet to settle on his own. Actually, the only problem that I can see based on your story is emotional depression.. from both of you, both of you feels so devastated.. afraid, tired, worry, etc etc with all the changes and responsibilities that come way too early. 1, get proper help to manage your baby, 2. Get help to manage You+wife’s mental/psychological health, 3. See every challenge and problems with a open mind and heart. Be strong.
Thanks for your suggestion. I may look into that for the whole maternity, but still, we need a babysitter once wifey's maternity ends. She may take one more extra month leave (though I think it's better for her to heal) but will have to return to work later.
Mrs.A
post Jan 23 2019, 09:20 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(anjou @ Jan 22 2019, 06:05 PM)
Thanks for your suggestion. I may look into that for the whole maternity, but still, we need a babysitter once wifey's maternity ends. She may take one more extra month leave (though I think it's better for her to heal) but will have to return to work later.
Yes, the paediatric nurse only till your baby stable. You can switch to babysitter/nanny once his weight above 3,5kgs and he’s healthy/in good condition. At that point less things to worry about. Good luck bro, hopefully you’ll found the good one.
TSanjou
post Feb 12 2019, 01:35 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Mrs.A @ Jan 22 2019, 11:12 AM)
Hi, I've asked the private hospital nearby and they do not have this service. Will you know any hospital with this service? What should i expect with this service?
Mrs.A
post Feb 26 2019, 06:02 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(anjou @ Feb 12 2019, 01:35 PM)
Hi, I've asked the private hospital nearby and they do not have this service. Will you know any hospital with this service? What should i expect with this service?
Hi, really sorry for late reply. Where do you live? I’ll PM you.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0119sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:14 PM