Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TPLink VR1200V

views

TSjoeblow
post Jan 20 2019, 08:36 PM, updated 4y ago

Regular
1,034 posts

Hi guys,

I am on Unifi TPLink VR1200V for less than a month. Not sure if anyone else on this modem/router has the same issue or if someone can enlighten.

After around 1 week of use, my internet connection goes offlive very often, disconnect and connect back sometimes. Sometimes I have to manually reset the modem to get the connection back. Everyday around 5 times or more.

Yesterday I contacted TM Support via Live Chat, to my surprise they say Sat my port was reset 23 times... today 2 times plus 5 times line disconnection.

They will send a team to investigate, but I just thought people in the forum might have similar experience. Is it the line issue or modem router issue?

Seems like this VR1200V not very stable, like I have issues assiging ips to some of the sony tv devices through dhcp. Have to do manual ip assignment.

One more question, if under contract I want to upgrade to fibre. Will the installation plus change of equipment be free?

Thanks.
imalmighty
post Jan 21 2019, 02:22 AM

On my way
671 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Jan 20 2019, 08:36 PM)
Hi guys,

I am on Unifi TPLink VR1200V......

One more question, if under contract I want to upgrade to fibre. Will the installation plus change of equipment be free?

Thanks.
Erm, r u on vdsl copper unifi currently? How much speed? 10 or 30 or 50M?

Well, it's free for the installation. U dont get to decide for the fiberization i think... it's at TM's discretion
TSjoeblow
post Jan 21 2019, 07:10 AM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(imalmighty @ Jan 21 2019, 02:22 AM)
Erm, r u on vdsl copper unifi currently? How much speed? 10 or 30 or 50M?

Well, it's free for the installation. U dont get to decide for the fiberization i think... it's at TM's discretion
Yes on vdsl 30M.
Pica888
post Jan 24 2019, 10:02 PM

On my way
513 posts

There is a FW update to optimize the performance and fix some critical bugs...
If yours is not 1.0.6, you should update the firmware..

https://www.tp-link.com/my/download/Archer-VR1200v.html
TSjoeblow
post Jan 25 2019, 12:14 AM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(Pica888 @ Jan 24 2019, 10:02 PM)
There is a FW update to optimize the performance and fix some critical bugs...
If yours is not 1.0.6, you should update the firmware..

https://www.tp-link.com/my/download/Archer-VR1200v.html
Thanks dude. But I don't know if I should install this. A bit worried after install cannot use. TM seems to warn us against updating firmware, saying it will make the equipment unstable.

Anyway an update on the situation.

The TM guy finally came after several days, what he did was to change the port (so he says). A bit unhappy as he came to my place to trace the line, which I told him the record should point out where the port is. Not sure if he did it to want to claim the 53 ringgit fee.

After changing the port, the problem persists. In fact it got worse, I came to know from the live chat agent within 6 hours my line was disconnected and reconnected 25 times. The DSL and internet signal would go off, then blink for several seconds then the internet comes back. Very frustrating thus I decided to play around with the configuration (almost lost my internet access lucky i got mobile internet to surf to troubleshoot).

After configuration play around, I managed to have stable internet for the past 1 hour. Hope tomorrow whole day no disconnection problem.

What I did is to go Advance settings, disable ipv6 and under the Connection option I ticked Manual (set 0 to always Active) and not go with Auto. Sometimes when the copper line noise is bad, the modem might be sensitive enough to reset the line.

Hope this works and I have a stable internet. FYI the installer or support technician that comes, really a lot of luck. Some of them really clueless and hopeless...

ps: This firmware I just downloaded. Doesn't have release notes (like fixed which critical bugs) and also how do you tell the version? Have you installed it?

This post has been edited by joeblow: Jan 25 2019, 12:27 AM
Pica888
post Jan 25 2019, 12:52 AM

On my way
513 posts

Yes, i had updated the FW immediately after the technician done setup and left.
FW version was 1.0.3, updated to 1.0.6.
It is official FW from TP Link Malaysia, and this model is for TM only, should be safe, so far mine is working fine..

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Pica888: Jan 25 2019, 08:51 PM
fuketre P
post Nov 24 2020, 11:27 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Jan 25 2019, 12:14 AM)
Thanks dude. But I don't know if I should install this. A bit worried after install cannot use. TM seems to warn us against updating firmware, saying it will make the equipment unstable.

Anyway an update on the situation.

The TM guy finally came after several days, what he did was to change the port (so he says). A bit unhappy as he came to my place to trace the line, which I told him the record should point out where the port is. Not sure if he did it to want to claim the 53 ringgit fee.

After changing the port, the problem persists. In fact it got worse, I came to know from the live chat agent within 6 hours my line was disconnected and reconnected 25 times. The DSL and internet signal would go off, then blink for several seconds then the internet comes back. Very frustrating thus I decided to play around with the configuration (almost lost my internet access lucky i got mobile internet to surf to troubleshoot).

After configuration play around, I managed to have stable internet for the past 1 hour. Hope tomorrow whole day no disconnection problem.

What I did is to go Advance settings, disable ipv6 and under the Connection option I ticked Manual (set 0 to always Active) and not go with Auto. Sometimes when the copper line noise is bad, the modem might be sensitive enough to reset the line.

Hope this works and I have a stable internet. FYI the installer or support technician that comes, really a lot of luck. Some of them really clueless and hopeless...

ps: This firmware I just downloaded. Doesn't have release notes (like fixed which critical bugs) and also how do you tell the version? Have you installed it?
I have the same problem. What is the best solution to this problem?
TSjoeblow
post Nov 25 2020, 03:53 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(fuketre @ Nov 24 2020, 11:27 PM)
I have the same problem. What is the best solution to this problem?
No solution. Probably problem is with the copper wire due to wear and tear. I changed to fibre and no issues after that. You might want to spend some money buy a more noise tolerant modem. The free modem really quite crappy.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:01 AM