Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [SubSale] From Partially Furnished to No Furnished, After purchasing, furnitures are missing

views

TSRefuzed
post Jan 19 2019, 01:20 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
262 posts

Dear all,

We just bought a subsale property from Agent X.

Agent X promised that the house comes with partially furnished and it is even reflected in her ad on Mudah and iProperty (which I have saved a screenshot). The furnitures include sofa, dining set, TV cabinet and fridge.

However, once we got the keys, we noticed that the owner had taken all the furnitures that should be supposedly left for us.

I've contacted the agent about this and she got a shock! I told her to seek clarification from the owner and get back to me again.

I'm wondering, what other avenues that I have to progress this? Who to be blamed here? Owner or agent? How should I seek compensation for this?

Regards.
aaron1717
post Jan 19 2019, 01:45 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

are those furniture included in your SPA? or just verbally agreed that its come with semi furnished?
aaron1717
post Jan 19 2019, 01:46 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

This post has been edited by aaron1717: Jan 19 2019, 01:46 PM
mini orchard
post Jan 19 2019, 01:52 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

Did you inform your SNP lawyer about the furnishing?

If yes, is it with annexure in the agreement? Then request the lawyer to seek answer from the vendor.

If no, is your fault and the lawyer cannot help you.

Blaming vendor doesnt work as the vendor can say no authority given to agent to include furnishing.

Your action will only be against the agent for misrep if you have the advert still with you.

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Jan 19 2019, 01:53 PM
TSRefuzed
post Jan 19 2019, 02:04 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Jan 19 2019, 01:45 PM)
are those furniture included in your SPA? or just verbally agreed that its come with semi furnished?
It was verbally agreed with the agent and it was even advertised in the ad that the agent posted - which mentioned 'partially furnished' with sofa, dining, fridge etc. I have a proof of that. I double-checked the SPA and the condition that had been specifically set was 'unit should be handed over in the same condition when inspected by the purchaser and agreed upon' - which means that when me and the agent viewed the unit, it was partially furnished and the agent as well confirmed that the furnitures and appliances would come along.

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jan 19 2019, 01:52 PM)
Did you inform your SNP lawyer about the furnishing?

If yes, is it with annexure in the agreement? Then request the lawyer to seek answer from the vendor.

If no, is your fault and the lawyer cannot help you.

Blaming vendor doesnt work as the vendor can say no authority given to agent to include furnishing.

Your action will only be against the agent for misrep if you have the advert still with you.
Yes, still have the ad with me. Please refer above to my reply to another poster.

Thanks both.
mini orchard
post Jan 19 2019, 02:43 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

Going one step backward ...

In the Letter of Offer to purchase which was signed by you and the vendor, are all the items written in the letter?

The clause you mentioned in the agreement is vague and subject to individual interpretation. To me, I would say it refer more to the physical condition of the property during viewing and handing over rather than moveable property unless all those furnishings are included in the agreement.

Lets wait what others have to say.
airtawarian
post Jan 20 2019, 06:39 AM

Regular
1,251 posts

Either You are stupid or Your agent trying to cheat You. Why u Never inform Lawyer to include in Your spa about the furnitures? If You have inform, Definitely Lawyer will Put inside the spa. Next time dont Use agent'S lawyer. Be a smart buyer. Survey first before confirm.
mini orchard
post Jan 20 2019, 10:20 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(airtawarian @ Jan 20 2019, 06:39 AM)
Either You are stupid or Your agent trying to cheat You. Why u Never inform Lawyer to include in Your spa about the furnitures? If You have inform, Definitely Lawyer will Put inside the spa. Next time dont Use agent'S lawyer. Be a smart buyer. Survey first before confirm.
I think is not about agent's, vendor's or purchaser's lawyer. The agent should have attached the inventory list together with the offer letter signed by vendor and seller.

Lawyer will need the letter of offer to draft the agreement and to include any additional terms agreed by both party. The lawyer took things at face value without asking further questions and the purchaser did not inform the lawyer.

The purchaser could be a first timer and the lawyer and agent lack experience.

We learn through mistakes, hopefully not an expensive one.
forever1979
post Jan 21 2019, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,716 posts

anything refer to S&P, if not mentioned as fixtures / furniture listing, no way can seek remedy..

hopefully not a big loss to TS, now used furniture can get it cheap via Carosell..

jimmyng
post Jan 27 2019, 04:02 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jan 20 2019, 10:20 AM)
I think is not about agent's, vendor's or purchaser's lawyer. The agent should have attached the inventory list together with the offer letter signed by vendor and seller.

Lawyer will need the letter of offer to draft the agreement and to include any additional terms agreed by both party. The lawyer took things at face value without asking further questions and the purchaser did not inform the lawyer.

The purchaser could be a first timer and the lawyer and agent lack experience.

We learn through mistakes, hopefully not an expensive one.
Totally agree. Make sure that you have a list of the furnitures that should come with the property (and should be legally signed as well.)

At least this is a great experience and in my humble opinion, not a very expensive one.
Imagine if you buy a property that needs major renovation upon getting the keys, that's worse cool2.gif cool2.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:19 PM