Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tips needed for investment newbie, Investing condo Investment

views

Bjorn1688
post Jan 20 2019, 03:17 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Ferdelis @ Jan 17 2019, 08:43 PM)
Hi, I am a newbie in investment, thinking to invest on a condo. I do like subang or mount kiara area. Any advice? I have been considering ara damansara too.
Hopefully freehold and budget can be up to a mil.
Got to do your homework and have to get to the ground to check for yourself.

I was looking last year for SJ and MK areas as well at roughly similar budget.

I crossed out MK mainly due to lack of rail infrastructure. The other issue is RM1mil did not really buy any unit that was worth investing in. Was quite interested in Trinity Pentamont but at 2000+sf each unit the maintenance fees would be killing and 1300sf units weren't available by the time I got there. Was considering Astrea but decided to give it the skip as in addition to the lack of rail infra I realized there was simply a glut of rental units and many landlords were willing to throw their price. Subsale, most had been on the market for months if not years and simply put you'd be a fool or sucker to buy one in the current market.

I spent quite a long time looking around and decided I wasn't interested in a subsale as in the current market developers were throwing prices, throwing in freebies and absorbing plenty of cost that most subsale owners would never be able to match. In the end I also decided I only wanted to buy from a reputable developer.

As MK went out of the picture, I concentrated on SJ, I realized many condos relied on students and that was a market I wasn't interested in. It came down to Lot15 SJCC and Cantara Residence. I spent 3 days around the Lot15 area, gave it the skip due to the electrical plant nearby and KTM wasn't the type of rail infra I wanted to be near. Also most of the good units were sold by then. In the end the real reason why I took a unit at Cantara was the proximity to 2 rail stations, 2 carparks, layouts that were more favourable and a good discount due to being a launch customer. Happy with the choice as in the end I don't have to fork out as much cash and on VP will have enough to do some ID work, hopefully will find a good tenant then.

This year target is to invest in a SR in either KL Sentral or TREX area. Looking for another good deal.
icemanfx
post Jan 20 2019, 10:39 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,796 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jan 20 2019, 03:17 AM)
Subsale, most had been on the market for months if not years and simply put you'd be a fool or sucker to buy one in the current market.

I spent quite a long time looking around and decided I wasn't interested in a subsale as in the current market developers were throwing prices, throwing in freebies and absorbing plenty of cost that most subsale owners would never be able to match. In the end I also decided I only wanted to buy from a reputable developer.

For every unit of developer over hang, believe there are three or more unsold in subsale market.

BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 20 2019, 11:23 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jan 20 2019, 03:17 AM)
Got to do your homework and have to get to the ground to check for yourself.

I was looking last year for SJ and MK areas as well at roughly similar budget.

I crossed out MK mainly due to lack of rail infrastructure. The other issue is RM1mil did not really buy any unit that was worth investing in. Was quite interested in Trinity Pentamont but at 2000+sf each unit the maintenance fees would be killing and 1300sf units weren't available by the time I got there. Was considering Astrea but decided to give it the skip as in addition to the lack of rail infra I realized there was simply a glut of rental units and many landlords were willing to throw their price. Subsale, most had been on the market for months if not years and simply put you'd be a fool or sucker to buy one in the current market.

As MK went out of the picture, I concentrated on SJ, I realized many condos relied on students and that was a market I wasn't interested in. It came down to Lot15 SJCC and Cantara Residence. I spent 3 days around the Lot15 area, gave it the skip due to the electrical plant nearby and KTM wasn't the type of rail infra I wanted to be near. Also most of the good units were sold by then. In the end the real reason why I took a unit at Cantara was the proximity to 2 rail stations, 2 carparks, layouts that were more favourable and a good discount due to being a launch customer. Happy with the choice as in the end I don't have to fork out as much cash and on VP will have enough to do some ID work, hopefully will find a good tenant then.

This year target is to invest in a SR in either KL Sentral or TREX area. Looking for another good deal.
thanks for sharing.

what is SR? serviced residence?

I share the same feel just like you, but I also skipped cantara. My 8zhi with sime tak ngam.

still looking at Bangsar and PJ areas, but not in a hurry.

for SJ, am looking out for SJCC SOHO. But as usual, the project that you long for launching will likely to be disappointment. therefore am not holding my breath.
Bjorn1688
post Jan 21 2019, 02:02 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 20 2019, 11:23 AM)
thanks for sharing.

what is SR? serviced residence?

I share the same feel just like you, but I also skipped cantara. My 8zhi with sime tak ngam.

still looking at Bangsar and PJ areas, but not in a hurry.

for SJ, am looking out for SJCC SOHO. But as usual, the project that you long for launching will likely to be disappointment. therefore am not holding my breath.
SR= Serviced Residence or at least in name only.

SJCC SOHO is the next phase of Lot15 isn't it?

Bangsar and PJ condo or landed?

BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 21 2019, 09:26 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jan 21 2019, 02:02 AM)
SR= Serviced Residence or at least in name only.

SJCC SOHO is the next phase of Lot15 isn't it?

Bangsar and PJ condo or landed?
Yes. Was told direct connection to subang lrt. But dunno when lainch.

Condo or more specifically service apartments.
Bjorn1688
post Jan 22 2019, 01:45 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 21 2019, 09:26 AM)
Yes. Was told direct connection to subang lrt. But dunno when lainch.

Condo or more specifically service apartments.
I presume those condos or service apartments in Bangsar are subsale ones? Out of curiosity are you targeting any particular projects there?

Bangsar is definitely a better place to buy than MK. Bangsar is where I started my property investment though not by choice.

I was looking at PJ, more specifically Astana Damansara and Tiara Damansara. Decided to skip as both were classic examples of how being close to a train station isn't always helpful.
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 22 2019, 09:14 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jan 22 2019, 01:45 AM)
I presume those condos or service apartments in Bangsar are subsale ones? Out of curiosity are you targeting any particular projects there?

Bangsar is definitely a better place to buy than MK. Bangsar is where I started my property investment though not by choice.

I was looking at PJ, more specifically Astana Damansara and Tiara Damansara. Decided to skip as both were classic examples of how being close to a train station isn't always helpful.
no MK
no Cyber
no Damansara PJ

subang bcos of sentimental value.
bangsar bcos of its closeness to KUL city center. when i said bangsar, i didnt mean bangsar south, pantai area bordering gasing hill.

ryan_chandl
post Jan 22 2019, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

I also looking in PJ and SJ area. When i choose i always think of own stay, near public transport, got mall or shoplot in walking distance, near the place i work. Dun mind the traffic as my job is flexible. After taking all into consideration, I think Arcuz suit me the most, but not perfect (leasehold & tendem parking). I have surveyed PJ midtown, atwater, Lot15, Cantara, greenfield etc...location either not as gd or has HTC nearby
ryan_chandl
post Jan 22 2019, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

I also looking in PJ and SJ area. When i choose i always think of own stay, near public transport, got mall or shoplot in walking distance, near the place i work. Dun mind the traffic as my job is flexible. After taking all into consideration, I think Arcuz suit me the most, but not perfect (leasehold & tendem parking). I have surveyed PJ midtown, atwater, Lot15, Cantara, greenfield etc...location either not as gd or has HTC nearby
aaron1717
post Jan 22 2019, 03:48 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(ryan_chandl @ Jan 22 2019, 03:33 PM)
alot more new PJ projects at better locations coming this year bro... maybe you can hold and see again... no harm... arcuz also wont so fast start their construction anyway...
Bjorn1688
post Jan 22 2019, 10:10 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 22 2019, 09:14 AM)
no MK
no Cyber
no Damansara PJ

subang bcos of sentimental value.
bangsar bcos of its closeness to KUL city center. when i said bangsar, i didnt mean bangsar south, pantai area bordering gasing hill.
I invested and reinvested in Bangsar also due to sentimental reasons, inherited a house there.

Out of curiosity, why not Damansara PJ? I presume you are meaning places like Damansara Uptown, DJ, DK etc rather than KD or MD?
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 30 2019, 10:41 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jan 22 2019, 10:10 PM)
I invested and reinvested in Bangsar also due to sentimental reasons, inherited a house there.

Out of curiosity, why not Damansara PJ? I presume you are meaning places like Damansara Uptown, DJ, DK etc rather than KD or MD?
I mean damai and Perdana.

the rest of freehold Damansara addresses are too expensive already....or too old (SD, DJ, DU)…..

where is DK?
Bjorn1688
post Jan 30 2019, 02:26 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 30 2019, 10:41 AM)
I mean damai and Perdana.

the rest of freehold Damansara addresses are too expensive already....or too old (SD, DJ, DU)…..

where is DK?
Damansara Kim.

Pretty old area these days.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0109sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:29 PM