Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Planning to get new pillow, Any recommendations ?

views

TSSotsotzaii
post Jan 17 2019, 03:45 PM, updated 6y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,216 posts

I'm planning to get a new pillow, the current pillow that im using now is the one that came along with my whole set of bed for almost nearly a year, recently i realized that due to dryness ( as what the staff told me ) my latex pillow will appear those little dots from the pillow inside itself, but can still be use without any problem, but anyway thinking of changing to a new pillow, any recommendations on what type of pillow and brand should i get from ? I don't have any trouble sleeping nor do i have any pain etc.
EarendurFefalas
post Jan 17 2019, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

just normal pillow from aeon can?
hezaika
post Jan 18 2019, 04:43 AM

44 posts

Das abdul
Adrian_Alastair
post Jan 18 2019, 09:51 AM

Casual
372 posts

Get proper down feathered pillow. Ikea actually has decent ones, but you need to spend a bit more. About RM 200+ for the pillow.
gahpadu
post Jan 19 2019, 03:22 PM

Regular
1,411 posts

i would recommed ikea pillow too.
sembilan
post Jan 20 2019, 10:23 PM

On my way
625 posts

Tempur
TSSotsotzaii
post Jan 21 2019, 11:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,216 posts

QUOTE(Adrian_Alastair @ Jan 18 2019, 09:51 AM)
Get proper down feathered pillow. Ikea actually has decent ones, but you need to spend a bit more. About RM 200+ for the pillow.
Im most likely gonna get one from IKEA, also do i need to wash new pillow for the first time before using or ?
SUSstinky
post Jan 21 2019, 11:15 AM

Regular
1,436 posts

I see a korean pillow that looks like for backside cost rm170. Anyone tried out before? Jump with egg also won’t craxk
Adrian_Alastair
post Jan 21 2019, 04:56 PM

Casual
372 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Jan 21 2019, 11:13 AM)
Im most likely gonna get one from IKEA, also do i need to wash new pillow for the first time before using or ?
No, don't need to wash the pillow. Get a pillow case protector. Only wash the pillow case and pillow case protector. You can put the pillow under sunlight every few months.
coolcity888
post Jan 21 2019, 11:29 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(sembilan @ Jan 20 2019, 10:23 PM)
Tempur
Yup.tempur. have been using it for the past 15 years.

TSSotsotzaii
post Jan 22 2019, 09:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,216 posts

QUOTE(coolcity888 @ Jan 21 2019, 11:29 PM)
Yup.tempur. have been using it for the past 15 years.
Just a question, how do I tell if it's a goose down pillow ? Do they have label or anything written outside ?
culain99
post Jan 22 2019, 03:40 PM

-----
733 posts

I plan to get new pillows too, so far try few different brands which available in tesco, jusco - all after some months kemek in middle where the head rests.
was thinking give das abdul a try
Adrian_Alastair
post Jan 23 2019, 08:13 AM

Casual
372 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Jan 22 2019, 09:39 AM)
Just a question, how do I tell if it's a goose down pillow ? Do they have label or anything written outside ?
Should have label.
WaCKy-Angel
post Jan 23 2019, 08:22 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Jan 17 2019, 03:45 PM)
I'm planning to get a new pillow, the current pillow that im using now is the one that came along with my whole set of bed for almost nearly a year, recently i realized that due to dryness ( as what the staff told me ) my latex pillow will appear those little dots from the pillow inside itself, but can still be use without any problem, but anyway thinking of changing to a new pillow, any recommendations on what type of pillow and brand should i get from ? I don't have any trouble sleeping nor do i have any pain etc.
what does that mean?
TSSotsotzaii
post Jan 23 2019, 09:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,216 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Jan 23 2019, 08:22 AM)
what does that mean?
I don't know what's the best way to describe but i'll try my best, basically from what the staff told me, it was due to dryness in my room, hence there is this type of material / fabric that is coming out from the latex itself, and when it comes out, it comes out as a few tiny round pieces of fabric inside the latex.
WaCKy-Angel
post Jan 23 2019, 10:40 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Jan 23 2019, 09:47 AM)
I don't know what's the best way to describe but i'll try my best, basically from what the staff told me, it was due to dryness in my room, hence there is this type of material / fabric that is coming out from the latex itself, and when it comes out, it comes out as a few tiny round pieces of fabric inside the latex.
ohhhhh i know what u meant d..

That is the fibre from pillow case.. u can actually just remove it by pulling it off or carefully cutting it off.. This usually happens with cheap fabrics..
Just like my previous mattress cover did to the mattress i can feel the thingy when i sleep. so what i did is pull/cut off all the round thingy and change mattress cover to expensive one and now sleep happily already.

Btw if u want to save cost and get same effect just get to those microfiber cover will not cause round thingy too.

And just to let u know, u kena conned...did they asked u to buy a new pillow?
TSSotsotzaii
post Jan 23 2019, 11:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,216 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Jan 23 2019, 10:40 AM)
ohhhhh i know what u meant d..

That is the fibre from pillow case.. u can actually just remove it by pulling it off or carefully cutting it off.. This usually happens with cheap fabrics..
Just like my previous mattress cover did to the mattress i can feel the thingy when i sleep. so what i did is pull/cut off all the round thingy and change mattress cover to expensive one and now sleep happily already.

Btw if u want to save cost and get same effect just get to those microfiber cover will not cause round thingy too.
And just to let u know, u kena conned...did they asked u to buy a new pillow?
Ohhh I see, ok i get it but i don't get what u meant by pulling or cutting it off, because the whole pillow itself is a latex pillow, and those round thingy is coming out from the inside, so i don't see anything that i can cut or pull out (?) As for the pillow no, after i realized this situation, the lady told me can still be use there is totally no problem with it, but it's just myself that I don't want to continue using it since for one, it's quite firm and medium-hard feel and i prefer softer one ( but still use it 1 year ), and secondly since it's already like this, might as well get a new pillow, so i went ahead and bought another new pillow, i plan to give this pillow to my lil sis, since it's still 100% in perfect condition just that this round thingy keeps coming out whenever i touch the pillow. So I also hope to solve this pillow issue.
Adrian_Alastair
post Jan 23 2019, 01:01 PM

Casual
372 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Jan 23 2019, 11:16 AM)
Ohhh I see, ok i get it but i don't get what u meant by pulling or cutting it off, because the whole pillow itself is a latex pillow, and those round thingy is coming out from the inside, so i don't see anything that i can cut or pull out (?) As for the pillow no, after i realized this situation, the lady told me can still be use there is totally no problem with it, but it's just myself that I don't want to continue using it since for one, it's quite firm and medium-hard feel and i prefer softer one ( but still use it 1 year ), and secondly since it's already like this, might as well get a new pillow, so i went ahead and bought another new pillow, i plan to give this pillow to my lil sis, since it's still 100% in perfect condition just that this round thingy keeps coming out whenever i touch the pillow. So I also hope to solve this pillow issue.
Your latex pillow is dissintegrating due to sweat/heat/friction. Already time to get a better one. I think what Wacky Angel was referring to is cover cotton pilling.
TSSotsotzaii
post Jan 23 2019, 03:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,216 posts

QUOTE(Adrian_Alastair @ Jan 23 2019, 01:01 PM)
Your latex pillow is dissintegrating due to sweat/heat/friction. Already time to get a better one. I think what Wacky Angel was referring to is cover cotton pilling.
Ahh ok, thats what i thought, yeah i already did get jean perry's pillow, since i've always get my bed stuff from jean perry.
Kitty_catts
post Apr 19 2020, 01:19 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(sembilan @ Jan 20 2019, 10:23 PM)
Tempur
Holy sheet. I searched the price, it cost almost 1k? Is it true??

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:25 PM