Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Repairs while being tenanted, Under owner/tenant?

views

TSsilverwave
post Jan 13 2019, 01:39 PM, updated 6y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

Hi, i've always wondered if there is a clear guideline of saying which repairs falls under the owner/tenants?

For my last tenant, the agents told me that any small repairs under Rm200 should be under the tenant and aircon servicing should be done every 6 months. If the house is rented as fully furnished, are the owners liable for that repairs of that equipment too, like microwave or washing machine?

When the tenants leave, what constitutes as wear and tear items? Some damages can also be wear and tear, like damaged bathroom door (at the bottom), slight leak on the pipe, parquet coming out, etc.

My last tenant took good care of the place in general, so i did most of the repairs when asked but it will be good if there is a clear guideline for such things. smile.gif
mini orchard
post Jan 13 2019, 02:38 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

Our country dont have a Tenancy Act for landlord / tenant to refer.

If you want less hassle or not mind a lower rental, let it out on basic unit with fan, lighting, some cabinets & grille.

Wear and tear is subjective.
jimmyng
post Jan 13 2019, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

Just rent out an empty unit, less hassle based on personal experience
TSsilverwave
post Jan 13 2019, 05:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jan 13 2019, 02:38 PM)
Our country dont have a Tenancy Act for landlord / tenant to refer.

If you want less hassle or not mind a lower rental, let it out on basic unit with fan, lighting, some cabinets & grille.

Wear and tear is subjective.
QUOTE(jimmyng @ Jan 13 2019, 04:40 PM)
Just rent out an empty unit, less hassle based on personal experience
No wonder the agents never gave me a clear answer since there isn't any act.

My unit is already fully furnished even when i got it, so i can't do much. Perhaps i will take note of this if i buy another property.
yymn
post Jan 14 2019, 11:35 AM

13 posts

My own guideline.

Clearly structural repair shd be borne by landlord. others like washing mc, microwave shd be factored in the rental. If it's due to tenant's negligence, then they pay. also, I make it like small repairs below RM100 will be borne by tenants.

Inspected and agreed Inventory list would have to state the condition upon move-in and -out.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:31 PM