Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Standard ] · Linear+

> Minor annoyances late 2018 HP laptop (wifi & batt) (Chat)

views

Stigonboard
post Jan 13 2019, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(maxizanc @ Jan 12 2019, 12:46 AM)
Luckily i follow my heart and bought Acer instead
This

Dont buy HP

HP stopped having a hand in their laptop manufacturing quite some time and actually selling it in the future

Only Acer and Dell is making their own laptop nowadays and other brand just like OEM laptops made from third party sources
Stigonboard
post Jan 13 2019, 02:41 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 13 2019, 01:25 PM)
What you mean? Dell is not even PC manufacturer, but assembler only. This is because they customize according to customer requirement to certain extend. All their part are outsourced. Dell assembled in many country. Look at their tag. If suffix is S - Singapore, I - India, J - Japan, etc.

Forget about Acer. Their PC/laptop are made in China.
Lol not manufacturer?

Design and factory is still owned by Dell
They have lot of factories and of course the part is outsourced - even Apple outsourced their parts but the main thing they still hold and design their own unlike HP where they just simply leasing out their brand name.

How i know? Ex Dell Bayan Lepas/Cyberjaya employee here
Stigonboard
post Jan 14 2019, 07:41 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 13 2019, 04:53 PM)
That is why I said not manufacturer. The Dell factory is assembly. They design or even get other to design and to save cost, just buy off shelves product. No need to invent something that can be found suitable.

Many big US company just assemble part in their factory. That is why I said not manufacturing but assembly line. I also used to to work in contract manufacturing and also in principal companies that produced equipment for wireless communications.
You talking bullshit here

Dell design and manufacture their own laptop - i was part of the AIMS team in Penang that support their manufacturing and design team

Stop lumping in Dell with HP

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0300sec    0.83    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 12th July 2020 - 08:31 PM