Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Thinking of Suicide

views

Ralna
post Jan 12 2019, 03:52 PM

Casual
388 posts

TS, you're a young adult now.

Your parents' problems are not your problems, and these problems are not for you to solve.
You're feeling the sky is grey now, because there's a factory emitting smoke every day.
All you need to do is move away from that factory that causes the pollution, so that you can see the clear sky again, and breathe the fresh air... instead of carbon monoxide.

What you need is not suicide, but an exit plan. Focus on planning your exit.

If you have the time to spend at home (and feel pathetic about your parents), please use that time to go out and work part-time.

Save enough money, and move out, or go stay with your friends.
When you graduate, consider working overseas for a new experience.
Travel more. Take more photos. Post on FB or IG. Share your happy moments with your friends.

Start dating a girl you'll love dearly.
Plan your wedding and honeymoon together.
Have adorable kids with her, and grow old together.

If you don't want these ↑↑ to happen, then...

I don't think you should give up your life, unless you've done 100% for your exit plan to happen.
Without even giving your best shot to live life to the fullest, you have no rights to give up your life.
Ralna
post Jan 14 2019, 08:20 PM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(itekderp @ Jan 13 2019, 06:25 PM)
Are you done Ralna.
If you are let me spell out what's going on here.

TS claims he's depressed, then goes on a rant about how nobody's listening to him and how his parents are jerks etc. What does that sound like to you? Someone who needs help? I think not.
The only reason suicide is on the table here is clear: it's a threat more than a cry for help. If you don't join his little circle jerk and affirms his immature views then you're not "helping". Is that how it is for you?

What I'm saying is not making fun of anything. It's simple. I feel TS is an entitled brat who's just using suicide as a threat for everyone to listen. What can we do? Do you think he wants to go counselling? Be on drugs? No. He just wants everyone to listen to him like some Machiavellian little prince and praise him for his world view.

I'm not saying it's his fault. He is young after all. But instead of reinforcing this behavior you think we should cater to his every whims. People like you are why there is so many self entitled snowflakes walking around.

Wake up, this isn't a cry for help.
Well, I look at it this way:

TS has a bankrupt dad and a mum who runs a company that's laden with bad debt and running at a loss.

... debt collectors... court notices... bankruptcy... stressed-out father...had been sleeping with other women, which the wife found out and quarreled with him..many times..
his mother... had to support such a husband and save the company... take loans here and there.. quarreling and blaming the husband...
Plus, they might lose the house soon. Overdraft facility requires collateral, and that collateral is usually a property.

Bankrupt dad, huge debt, affairs, broken marriage, semi-broken family, might be losing family house... Don't you think that's a lot to go through, for any teenager or young adult?

Hence, I think your claims of TS' intention are unjustified. This is the first time TS posted such a thread, and you're calling him "an entitled brat who's just using suicide as a threat for everyone to listen".

Tell me, which "entitled brat" would wanna reveal these family struggles, just to gain attention and praises from strangers?? Do you know how torturing it is to live with such parents, and see them struggling financially due to mismanagement?

If you have knowledge of how bankruptcy works and what those financial figures TS provided means, I bet you'd have given a kinder answer.

This post has been edited by Ralna: Jan 14 2019, 08:26 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:34 PM