Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hi-Fi Small speakers with BIG bass, small but big

views

SSJBen
post Jan 15 2019, 06:00 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

KEF R3 has the most bass I've heard from a bookshelf that doesn't start to kill itself going below 45hz. But your budget being RM800 means this isn't going to be an option.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any speakers with a 6" driver or smaller for under RM800 that can do any justice below 50hz.
SSJBen
post Jan 18 2019, 03:36 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

I managed to tried Edifier S1000DB at Viewnet Lowyat Plaza yesterday.

You tried speakers in a store which has entirely different dimensions to your own room, noisy as hell, not even placed properly and you conclude that it's missing something?

That's simply not how it works.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Jan 18 2019, 03:36 PM
SSJBen
post Jan 18 2019, 04:10 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(kakamal @ Jan 18 2019, 04:04 PM)
Even though I'm not an audiophile but I'm not as stupid as you thought. Not to brag but I'm 44 years old now.. I was a musician played at the pub and owned a home recording studio so I think I know how to differentiate sounds even in noisy area. Have you been on stage soloing your guitar without a monitor speaker guiding you?. Do you know how lost you can be?. Well.. I started the thread to seek the suggestion of small speaker with big bass.. not about judging the sounds.
Then I find it more surprising that you've been a musician half your life yet you are judging a pair of speakers... in a store? Okay man. You do you.

Most of your replies in your thread here has been about comparing 15" speakers to dinky little speakers expecting the same bass. That doesn't tell me you're stupid, no - just naive.

Have a good day sir.
SSJBen
post Jan 18 2019, 06:44 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(kakamal @ Jan 18 2019, 05:55 PM)
Maybe you're right I'm naive, but at least I'm not trying to be a smart@ss. Well.. I won't blame you to not understand my statement. For what I realize I've never comparing 15" speaker to any speakers. I was saying I have 15" speaker and I was looking for the smaller speaker with big bass as replacement to save space. Can you pls point me which part that I'm comparing 15" speakers to the small ones.... in MOOOOST of my reply?
Really? Dafuq does this mean then:

QUOTE(kakamal @ Jan 14 2019, 03:34 PM)
Thanks all guys for the suggestions. Well currently I'm using 15" speakers (250 x 2 Watts) with 8 channels powered mixer (500 Watts).
The bass is damn good but I plan to get rid all those to safe some space for my small living room and replace it with something that I can hang to the wall beam.
I went to Jalan Pasar last Saturday and tested some of the speakers there. Looks like the smallest I can get with the good amount of bass is 10" speakers. But either 8 & 10" are still too big if I want to attach to the wall beam. 6" is acceptable but the bass like not existence. Maybe I should give Edifier S1000DB a try as suggested by Mr Edifier.  Viewnet at Lowyat available to test?.
Like dude... no shit, sherlock? You're pretty much saying water is wet. I'm not trying to be a smartass, but when you say something like that - then I just am, didn't even try. rolleyes.gif

And then you want it in a RM800 budget.... sweat.gif

Anyways like I said, you do you. Have a good day.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Jan 18 2019, 06:46 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.42    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:12 PM