Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Small speakers with BIG bass, small but big (Hi-Fi)

views

voscar
post Jan 18 2019, 12:08 AM

On my way
630 posts

Oh yeah, 10" and above isn't bookshelf speaker category anymore edi, should've call stand mounter.
TS, bookshelf speaker don't express "Bass I Love You" well, many details are missing, lol
TSkakamal
post Jan 18 2019, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

I managed to tried Edifier S1000DB at Viewnet Lowyat Plaza yesterday. Wow the bass is big for its size but currently out of stock. The speaker is good if you're listening to Hip-Hop, Techno or Bieber's kind of stuff. Great bass and treble but lack of tone. There's no option to control the tone, only bass & treble. But I'm more into Bebop Jazz, Manouche, Bossa, Mariachi kind of person and I don't think this is the one for me. Plus the controller is at the back.. no chance for me to attach it to the wall. But seriously it's still a hell of good speakers.

I also tried several 6" to 8" (various brands) at Lowyat and Jalan Pasar yesterday and decided to go with 6" Aviano wall speaker paired with Aviano 4 channel powered mixer. I've spent RM1.5K for it. I know it's not a fancy ones but I think it's good enough for me. It's small and light but the clarity is there. As a guitarist you'll appreciate the sound of the fret noise this speaker can produce, the vibration of the snare when tom-tom was hit. The bass isn't that big but good enough for my small living room. Overall I'm satisfied with it.

I would like to thanks all of you for suggestion and tips. It was a pleasure to learn new things. smile.gif
SSJBen
post Jan 18 2019, 03:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

I managed to tried Edifier S1000DB at Viewnet Lowyat Plaza yesterday.

You tried speakers in a store which has entirely different dimensions to your own room, noisy as hell, not even placed properly and you conclude that it's missing something?

That's simply not how it works.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Jan 18 2019, 03:36 PM
TSkakamal
post Jan 18 2019, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Jan 18 2019, 03:36 PM)
You tried speakers in a store which has entirely different dimensions to your own room, noisy as hell, not even placed properly and you conclude that it's missing something?

That's simply not how it works.
Even though I'm not an audiophile but I'm not as stupid as you thought. Not to brag but I'm 44 years old now.. I was a musician played at the pub and owned a home recording studio so I think I know how to differentiate sounds even in noisy area. Have you been on stage soloing your guitar without a monitor speaker guiding you?. Do you know how lost you can be?. Well.. I started the thread to seek the suggestion of small speaker with big bass.. not about judging the sounds.
SSJBen
post Jan 18 2019, 04:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(kakamal @ Jan 18 2019, 04:04 PM)
Even though I'm not an audiophile but I'm not as stupid as you thought. Not to brag but I'm 44 years old now.. I was a musician played at the pub and owned a home recording studio so I think I know how to differentiate sounds even in noisy area. Have you been on stage soloing your guitar without a monitor speaker guiding you?. Do you know how lost you can be?. Well.. I started the thread to seek the suggestion of small speaker with big bass.. not about judging the sounds.
Then I find it more surprising that you've been a musician half your life yet you are judging a pair of speakers... in a store? Okay man. You do you.

Most of your replies in your thread here has been about comparing 15" speakers to dinky little speakers expecting the same bass. That doesn't tell me you're stupid, no - just naive.

Have a good day sir.
Arvinaaaaa
post Jan 18 2019, 04:12 PM

Peace :D
3,218 posts

QUOTE(kakamal @ Jan 11 2019, 03:08 PM)
Hi everyone, I'm not an audiophile but can somebody help to suggest me the small speakers (something like bookshelf) with deep bass probably below 50hz?. I did some reading and research from the net but most of the speakers I found are not available here in Malaysia. My budget is below RM800 because I still need to buy an amplifier.

Thank you in advance.
Suggest b&o beolit 17
TSkakamal
post Jan 18 2019, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Jan 18 2019, 04:10 PM)
Then I find it more surprising that you've been a musician half your life yet you are judging a pair of speakers... in a store? Okay man. You do you.

Most of your replies in your thread here has been about comparing 15" speakers to dinky little speakers expecting the same bass. That doesn't tell me you're stupid, no - just naive.

Have a good day sir.
Maybe you're right I'm naive, but at least I'm not trying to be a smart@ss. Well.. I won't blame you to not understand my statement. For what I realize I've never comparing 15" speaker to any speakers. I was saying I have 15" speaker and I was looking for the smaller speaker with big bass as replacement to save space. Can you pls point me which part that I'm comparing 15" speakers to the small ones.... in MOOOOST of my reply?

This post has been edited by kakamal: Jan 18 2019, 06:11 PM
SSJBen
post Jan 18 2019, 06:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(kakamal @ Jan 18 2019, 05:55 PM)
Maybe you're right I'm naive, but at least I'm not trying to be a smart@ss. Well.. I won't blame you to not understand my statement. For what I realize I've never comparing 15" speaker to any speakers. I was saying I have 15" speaker and I was looking for the smaller speaker with big bass as replacement to save space. Can you pls point me which part that I'm comparing 15" speakers to the small ones.... in MOOOOST of my reply?
Really? Dafuq does this mean then:

QUOTE(kakamal @ Jan 14 2019, 03:34 PM)
Thanks all guys for the suggestions. Well currently I'm using 15" speakers (250 x 2 Watts) with 8 channels powered mixer (500 Watts).
The bass is damn good but I plan to get rid all those to safe some space for my small living room and replace it with something that I can hang to the wall beam.
I went to Jalan Pasar last Saturday and tested some of the speakers there. Looks like the smallest I can get with the good amount of bass is 10" speakers. But either 8 & 10" are still too big if I want to attach to the wall beam. 6" is acceptable but the bass like not existence. Maybe I should give Edifier S1000DB a try as suggested by Mr Edifier.  Viewnet at Lowyat available to test?.
Like dude... no shit, sherlock? You're pretty much saying water is wet. I'm not trying to be a smartass, but when you say something like that - then I just am, didn't even try. rolleyes.gif

And then you want it in a RM800 budget.... sweat.gif

Anyways like I said, you do you. Have a good day.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Jan 18 2019, 06:46 PM
VagueConcerns
post Jan 18 2019, 07:30 PM

Enthusiast
870 posts

QUOTE(HonMun @ Jan 11 2019, 03:21 PM)
Speakers can get go down till 50hz ?
Of course. Mine's flat to 40Hz in room.
They are 30 liter floor-standing speakers though.

This post has been edited by VagueConcerns: Jan 18 2019, 07:41 PM
TSkakamal
post Jan 24 2019, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Jan 18 2019, 06:44 PM)
Really? Dafuq does this mean then:
Like dude... no shit, sherlock? You're pretty much saying water is wet. I'm not trying to be a smartass, but when you say something like that - then I just am, didn't even try. rolleyes.gif

And then you want it in a RM800 budget....  sweat.gif

Anyways like I said, you do you. Have a good day.
Dude I know I shouldn't keep arguing these nonsense but I got to tell you that wasn't a comparing. I think everyone knows that I was explaining my previous situation where I've got big speakers and looking for smaller size speakers for a replacement to save space. I was saying the smallest I can get with good amount of bass was 10". Goshhh.. I can't believe I got to repeat all these. As for smart ass I wasn't point at you.. why you panas bro lol?. Well.. I'm sorry if it offended you but seriously I didn't mean that. Once again I appreciate all inputs sharing from everyone including you.

~Cheers~
voscar
post Jan 24 2019, 07:17 PM

On my way
630 posts

My bookshelf speaker frequency response, mid-bass driver 5 1/4 inch. Possible to get deeper bass using better or higher power amplifier or not?

This post has been edited by voscar: Jan 24 2019, 07:18 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
power911
post Jan 24 2019, 10:25 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,093 posts

I'm still curious on why the option of adding a subwoofer isn't considered by TS in this thread but I guess the problem has been answered.

Cheers.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

fx20
post Apr 13 2019, 11:18 AM

Enthusiast
785 posts

XLS Encore.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0372sec    9.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 11:54 AM