11 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

1 Month after gym, better being overall

views

imalmighty
post Jan 11 2019, 03:00 PM

On my way
671 posts

You r quite tall. Tell your frens, weight is just temporarily, height is permanent, mock me all u want.
WinterAngeLs
post Jan 11 2019, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

I used to think y spent money go gym when jogging is enuf to maintain weight n health. So make plans go park jog every week. Then slowly overloaded with work, then slowly procrastinate...tired lah busy lah next week lah next next.. summore no control diet...gg

Then to my surprise I've added 7kg end of 2018. 2017 was around 60kg.

So ditched the park idea, sign up for 1 year in FF. Almost 2 months in now, barely lose 1kg...miles to go sweat.gif
joe_star
post Jan 11 2019, 03:03 PM

Serving the Servants
1,807 posts

QUOTE(Chosen one @ Jan 11 2019, 11:13 AM)
tall 187 and 3 digit  cry.gif
Consider very good for /k/ standard

Most /k/ is triple digit but height 170cm max
Fat & Fluffy
post Jan 11 2019, 03:11 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(michlove @ Jan 11 2019, 04:35 PM)
food intake I cut out carbo and sleep at least 7 hours per day.....ok?
dont totally cut out carbo straight away.. still take carbo.. cut half every week... also if can replace it with complex carbo like oats, grains, nuts... etc etc

more vege, ok with meat n fats...

drink more water too...

errr, if you do weights + jog... then mayb 8 hours of sleep... but if you just jog, you will find yourself needing less sleep... wake up super alert too

QUOTE(WinterAngeLs @ Jan 11 2019, 05:01 PM)
I used to think y spent money go gym when jogging is enuf to maintain weight n health. So make plans go park jog every week. Then slowly overloaded with work, then slowly procrastinate...tired lah busy lah next week lah next next..  summore no control diet...gg

Then to my surprise I've added 7kg end of 2018. 2017 was around 60kg. 

So ditched the park idea, sign up for 1 year in FF. Almost 2 months in now, barely lose 1kg...miles to go  sweat.gif
discipline and knowledge my friend... if really despo, sign up performance based personal trainer lor
pgsiemkia
post Jan 11 2019, 03:16 PM

Casual
395 posts

QUOTE(Chosen one @ Jan 11 2019, 11:11 AM)
Hi guys just wanted to share my changes after 1 month of gym and fixing my sleep schedule and ayam eating healthily

-less drowsiness and yawning at work
-able to wake up on time with a good night sleep after workout
-less pimples and better looking (some pregnant woman came back after giving birth saying my face is sharper now)
-feeling happier and better confident
-better breathing, less shortness of breath

however I'm still on BMI above 26 and a long way to go, shout out to the guys/girls on your way, dont give up, you can do it
Just one month only, do longer and will see more changes and effects to body and mind. If unker like me can do it, so CAN you!

Ask_Yip
post Jan 11 2019, 03:16 PM

Retired Audiophiles
2,864 posts

kipidap
x3Kai
post Jan 11 2019, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

any tips to start? looking to start too as i'll be moving to my new apartment that has a brand new gym.

height: bout 160 kg
weight: bout 70 kg

ggwp. back then in uni and highschool got lots of time to play badminton. but work life start can't find kaki to play / not that motivated to play liao so start gaining weight. back then same height bout 55 kg only.

thinking of building some chest muscle too, since fat liao nipples start to show hahaha.
iZuDeeN
post Jan 11 2019, 03:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

newbie will see more gain.. once you doing it past 6 months to a year.. the gain is almost negligible... good 4 u to keep it up..
Abs0lute
post Jan 11 2019, 03:45 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Jan 11 2019, 11:26 AM)
what kind of question is this doh.gif

if dun have money apa pun tak boleh liao
i mean, to start work out..

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jan 11 2019, 11:32 AM)
personal trainer or not will depend how self motivated are u
if you are, thn u don't need personal trainer
if u need ppl to constantly push u thn u need personal trainer

u don't even need a gym, just go anywhere with monkey bar is enough for starter...your body is the weight
i'm pretty motivated, actually.. i think maybe i can slowly on my own.. to the monkey bars!

QUOTE(rogrog @ Jan 11 2019, 11:45 AM)
Go youtube je, banyak.

Jb my friend new year resolution is to go gym, then want me as his free PT. Mjb, my schedule all messed up  cry.gif  cry.gif
thanks!

QUOTE(hvk13 @ Jan 11 2019, 12:02 PM)
Don't go in without a plan. What is your goal? To be buff? To be slim? To train stamina? All these goals have different training method. Go google for the right one. Once you start, have to be consistent. Cannot this week do then next week lazy then following week continue again.
my goal is get the right shape for my body.. currently body proposition is somewhat... off? maybe..

QUOTE(xUngrateful @ Jan 11 2019, 01:20 PM)
I've been doing it as cost effective as possible since last year, i started off with a friend whom thought me the basics. When he stopped i continued alone and planned my workouts with youtube videos, also i was never shy to ask anyone in the gym for any tips most of the guys are really friendly ( no homo way ).

As for the cost effective part the gym i go to charges RM3 per entry and that was the only thing i spent there up until recently i started to buy protein which iirc is RM80/KG
i shall start on my own then.. with the basics right.. ill google it..

MR_alien
post Jan 11 2019, 03:50 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,301 posts

QUOTE(Abs0lute @ Jan 11 2019, 03:45 PM)
i'm pretty motivated, actually.. i think maybe i can slowly on my own.. to the monkey bars!
motivated mean 1 set 30 reps, push yourself to complete it
don't say until 20 thn aiya, give up lah...cannot already
this is the case where personal trainer steps in

for the monkey bar case, as long as u can lift yourself easily, you're doing great already

u wanna get bulky thn no choice but to go gym, my personally aim isn't bulky anyway else i would have took whey protein
PCMasterRace
post Jan 11 2019, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

make sure to follow a workout program

https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/
teongpeng
post Jan 11 2019, 03:56 PM

Justified and Ancient
2,003 posts

QUOTE(Chosen one @ Jan 11 2019, 11:13 AM)
tall 187 and 3 digit  cry.gif
This is awesome physic if u take up running seriously. U would have the kinda power skinny guys like me will never have
doppatroll
post Jan 11 2019, 04:03 PM

Regular
1,123 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Jan 11 2019, 11:41 AM)
Standard procedure for Malaysians:

January - Make a goal wanting to be slimmer and getting a gym membership0

Middle of January - Feel proud because feels slim down for 0.1 KG dy.

February - Fuck you lah who got masa to go to gym. It's CNY man! Eat! Eat! Eat! To hell with gym. Rewarding myself with food xin.

March - Need to cut down all the calories again, but I feel lazy a bit. Never mind lah! April resume gym lah!

April - I think I cannot make it. Too busy. Maybe I sell my membership to other waterfish.

May - Goal? What goal wo? Diu middle of the year dy lah! Wait next new year lah!
if lonely punya orang will feel this way...of got partner sure wont have the same feeling punya biggrin.gif
Jay Chua CC
post Jan 11 2019, 04:12 PM

~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
5,907 posts

QUOTE(zerorating @ Jan 11 2019, 11:16 AM)
to gymfag ktard, just wondering if you exercise alot helps your body tolerate hot temperature or not?
NO
kamfoo
post Jan 11 2019, 04:19 PM

Enthusiast
793 posts

gym got many hot guy
Jay Chua CC
post Jan 11 2019, 04:20 PM

5,907 posts

To motivate u ts. I was once obese. Be consistent. Thats the key.
Attached Image
blizzlee
post Jan 11 2019, 04:34 PM

2 posts

Just sharing my weight loss experience here

I was 90kg about 10 years ago. im 177cm tall. I wanted to lose weight so i set a goal. Over a period of 7 months, I managed to lose 17kg.

Many were shocked and even my doctor said it is (almost) impossible without taking any slimming enhancement which i didn't. So how did i do it?

I started mine with a single goal "to lose weight". I went to the gym to do cardio and running on treadmill about twice a week. Pumping up my heart rate to about 80% - 85% in the beginning.

I lost 5kg on the first month. The following month, my weight loss was not as drastic as the first month. This is norm. Then I changed my intensity of my training as i was getting fitter too. My HR managed to hit 95 - 100%.

As for food intake, well, i still enjoyed my fast food, soft drinks, nasi lemak, mamak and teh tarik but all in moderation. rclxm9.gif

In my opinion...

I'm sure u noticed that many quit gym after couple of months. Many says 70% food / 30% work out. But what many didn't realize is that the mind plays a very important role to keep u going to get your goal achieved.

Set a goal one at a time. Don't be too adventurous. Many quit because the results don't motivate them. For example losing weight goal. Combine cardio and weight training don't help u lose much weight. It only gives a better muscle to fat ratio. Those who want to lose weight may see this as a discouraging result - hence quit.

Many says sweat out would do the work - That's incorrect. Heart rate is the main factor. Monitoring your calories burned during workouts will have a better result.

Fast forward to recently...

Due to work and a lot of travelling, i didn't hit the gym for a few years. My weight ballooned to 79kg (with a tummy too cry.gif ). Got back to gym in Aug/Sept 2018. Knowing the fact that age has caught up, losing kgs is would be a harder process. As mentioned earlier, i had to set my mind in the right. As my weight was reducing, i "reward" myself by buying new gears for my training to keep me motivated.

As of now my weight is 69-70kg range with a BMI of 22. My target is 67kg. I will change my goal to body toning once i hit my target. Nowadays i go to the gym about 4 times a week. So far i have ran 600++ km on treadmill. Averaging 150km /month

Important to note...

I believe every body reacts differently and what works for me may not work for u. What most important is enjoy what u do and seeing the results. Yes push yourself but don't force. As someone says here he actually miss going to the gym once used to it. It's quite addictive and an encouraging sign. thumbsup.gif

I have tried HIIT but it didn't achieve my goal. Worst all my old injuries resurfaced. Tried for 2 weeks and I put on 4.5kg rclxub.gif

A bit of history about myself

Almost 50 yo

Active in sports in my schooldays hence i got many injuries - knee, lower back, ankle

Mild stroke x 2 times

Doing intermittent fasting for many years, even before it became a trend
rogrog
post Jan 11 2019, 04:34 PM

On my way
635 posts

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Jan 11 2019, 04:20 PM)
To motivate u ts. I was once obese. Be consistent. Thats the key.
Attached Image
Can I touch your nen nen wub.gif ? Nohomo
Jay Chua CC
post Jan 11 2019, 04:40 PM

5,907 posts

QUOTE(rogrog @ Jan 11 2019, 04:34 PM)
Can I touch your nen nen  wub.gif ? Nohomo
u girl2 or boboi first
rogrog
post Jan 11 2019, 04:56 PM

On my way
635 posts

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Jan 11 2019, 04:40 PM)
u girl2 or boboi first
boboi wub.gif

11 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0218sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:02 PM