Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> NS joycon thumbstick, come share your experience

views

TSzul_sur
post Jan 8 2019, 12:54 PM, updated 5 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hows your joycon thumbstick? i had mario edition, both of my joycon thumbstick kaput already, lucky its easy to replace it myself, but wondering did i get the lemon unit or its common.
yangkuo
post Jan 10 2019, 10:15 AM

Getting Started

I own the same model and both joycons are fine so far.

If it’s the top part of the stick that is kaput eg rubber peeling or getting less grippy... that’s wear and tear.

you may either have overly strong hands or passionate gaming sessions smile.gif

QUOTE(zul_sur @ Jan 8 2019, 12:54 PM)
Hows your joycon thumbstick? i had mario edition, both of my joycon thumbstick kaput already, lucky its easy to replace it myself, but wondering did i get the lemon unit or its common.
kla2552
post Jan 10 2019, 08:45 PM

Group: Newbie

moi left joycon thumdstick drift. try air spray but still the same. moi just got pro controller to play smash Bro
TSzul_sur
post Jan 11 2019, 12:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kla2552 @ Jan 10 2019, 08:45 PM)
moi left joycon thumdstick drift. try air spray but still the same. moi just got pro controller to play smash Bro
i tried that also. doesnt work. even take out the thumbstick and spray with contact cleaner also doesnt work. lucky the replacement thumbstick is quite cheap, but the feeling is not the same as the original one, a bit stiff, but after a while i get used to it.

skyforcerld
post Jan 14 2019, 11:18 AM

Getting Started

1 year+, my left joycon recently shows symptons of drifting. How do you guys solve the drifting problem? Frankly, i seldom use the joycon as i always play with Pro and other controllers at home. Joycon only used when outside.
TSzul_sur
post Jan 14 2019, 09:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Jan 14 2019, 11:18 AM)
1 year+, my left joycon recently shows symptons of drifting. How do you guys solve the drifting problem? Frankly, i seldom use the joycon as i always play with Pro and other controllers at home. Joycon only used when outside.
i'm not sure what caused the drifting, i dont think its because of the dust buildup coz when i disect the thumbstick there are no build up of dust or anything, im suspecting the metal inside that handle the direction input is bend or the film itself is broken, the only way is to replace the whole thumstick for my case.

user posted image
user posted image

and no, the moment you open this, you cannot assemble it back.
skyforcerld
post Jan 15 2019, 10:16 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zul_sur @ Jan 14 2019, 09:28 PM)
i'm not sure what caused the drifting, i dont think its because of the dust buildup coz when i disect the thumbstick there are no build up of dust or anything, im suspecting the metal inside that handle the direction input is bend or the film itself is broken, the only way is to replace the whole thumstick for my case.

<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/01/14/0TcssG.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/01/14/0TcssG.md.jpg </a>
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/01/14/0Te0lP.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/01/14/0Te0lP.md.jpg </a>

and no, the moment you open this, you cannot assemble it back.
Thanks for the warning!

I read something yesterday and tried it this morning.

Previously, it was drifting down. So i recalibrate the motion control as per the post i read, seems like now doesn't drift down...but drift up! doh.gif

I was in a hurry this morning, will do further test tonight.

This post has been edited by skyforcerld: Jan 15 2019, 04:30 PM
skyforcerld
post Jan 16 2019, 12:12 PM

Getting Started

Joycon still drifting a bit...after recalibrate the motion control and joystick. I guess it's just bad quality and will happened over time, since it's not caused by dust or anything...
TSzul_sur
post Jan 16 2019, 04:26 PM

Getting Started

A bit sad the quality is a bit lacking. Coz its the most expensive controller out off all console. My ps4 and xbox controller all working fine for more than 2 years of heavy use. I hope the pro controller quality is better
kla2552
post Jan 16 2019, 09:54 PM

Group: Newbie

If base on hours of game play shows on switch, my left joycon stick clocks more than 200 hours of play. So I wouldn't say the quality is bad. Just wear and tear. But the stick feel fragile compared to my vita. As for pro controller, I just start using. For it steep price compared to ps and one controller.
skyforcerld
post Jan 17 2019, 10:55 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kla2552 @ Jan 16 2019, 09:54 PM)
If base on hours of game play shows on switch, my left joycon stick clocks more than 200 hours of play. So I wouldn't say the quality is bad. Just wear and tear. But the stick feel fragile compared to my vita. As for pro controller, I just start using. For it steep price compared to ps and one controller.
My joycons are hardly used. Usually only use the Pro Controllers or other controllers (using Mayflash/8bitdo adapter)....and it still drift.
victorr
post Jan 17 2019, 11:37 AM

Casual

I replaced my left thumbstick. It's not the same as the original thumbstick no matter how similiar it is. The feeling is off. I won't ever replace the right thumbstick as the right stick is more for aiming in shooting games. Pray it last long.
TSzul_sur
post Jan 17 2019, 01:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(victorr @ Jan 17 2019, 11:37 AM)
I replaced my left thumbstick. It's not the same as the original thumbstick no matter how similiar it is. The feeling is off. I won't ever replace the right thumbstick as the right stick is more for aiming in shooting games. Pray it last long.
the clone one the build internally is a bit different. The supposed original parts is a bit expensive, around 20usd. not gonna gamble it anyways. but yeah, the feeling is totally different. much stiffer.
TongCN
post Jan 17 2019, 03:50 PM

Look ma, I have lots stars :D
Group: Senior Member

MY joycon left thumbstick also drifting up now =.=

Playing Zelda is a pain when u are at the edge of the mountain and wanna take photo ...

Next story : -3 or more Heart
TSzul_sur
post Jan 17 2019, 04:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(TongCN @ Jan 17 2019, 03:50 PM)
MY joycon left thumbstick also drifting up now =.=

Playing Zelda is a pain when u are at the edge of the mountain and wanna take photo ...

Next story : -3 or more Heart
if you have drifting right also worse, you cant use motion to aim as it overwrite it with right thumbstick movement. if you still have warranty, better send back as they can fix it. but not for me, i can wait for the rma process.
TongCN
post Jan 17 2019, 04:06 PM

QUOTE(zul_sur @ Jan 17 2019, 04:04 PM)
if you have drifting right also worse, you cant use motion to aim as it overwrite it with right thumbstick movement. if you still have warranty, better send back as they can fix it. but not for me, i can wait for the rma process.
Dunno will the seller fulfill the warranty or not , hmm ..

BlueMango from 11street, even normal Q&A i post to them also not yet replied from them since last year June, LOL !!
TSzul_sur
post Jan 17 2019, 04:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(TongCN @ Jan 17 2019, 04:06 PM)
Dunno will the seller fulfill the warranty or not , hmm ..

BlueMango from 11street, even normal Q&A i post to them also not yet replied from them since last year June, LOL !!
if your unit is under maxsoft maybe can direct rma with them. not sure whats the process. but buying with the seller online without physical shop might be a bit though. good luck bro
TongCN
post Jan 17 2019, 04:30 PM

QUOTE(zul_sur @ Jan 17 2019, 04:27 PM)
if your unit is under maxsoft maybe can direct rma with them. not sure whats the process. but buying with the seller online without physical shop might be a bit though. good luck bro
Just move forward, haha

Bought June 2018, spending more than 200 hours already. Worth back already

125 hours : XenoBlade 2
25 hours : Megaman X Legacy
25 hours : Super Smash Bros
25 hours : Zelda BoTW (Still on going)

The rest cant recall d.. ahhaa
chtan
post Jan 17 2019, 04:37 PM

Regular

My Switch is with me second year now and already on the second set of the joycon. Now the current set also start to show the drifting issue on the left thumstick just like the previous one.
Guess the left joycon design is defect in some way.
TSzul_sur
post Jan 17 2019, 04:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(TongCN @ Jan 17 2019, 04:30 PM)
Just move forward, haha

Bought June 2018, spending more than 200 hours already. Worth back already

125 hours : XenoBlade 2
25 hours : Megaman X Legacy
25 hours : Super Smash Bros
25 hours : Zelda BoTW (Still on going)

The rest cant recall d.. ahhaa
xenoblade 2 that good meh? i clock zelda 100+ hours, now in limbo phase looking for a new game to enjoy

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0835sec    1.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th May 2019 - 08:56 PM