Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Battery brand that has lasted 4 years or more.

views

kevinlim001
post Oct 22 2020, 10:56 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

Unlike petrol, diesel use glow plug when the car needs to be start, the older the car goes, the glow plug performance dropped to some extend, diesel will required multiple rounds of glow plug heat up. The battery are constantly discharged over this process and if the battery is not being proper charge up (i.e. short trips/traffic jam), the lifespan of the battery is going to below. Hence, i believe that is one of the reason why battery for diesel is having lower warranty period.

Beside electronics that consume power, we need to consider the design of engine bay.. a lot of the modern car put everything everything close to each other in engine bay to give more space in cabin. The trapped heat is bad for the battery. Having an isolation box to move battery from the engine bay certainly is going to be a good idea to prolong the lifespan.
kevinlim001
post Oct 22 2020, 03:55 PM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Oct 22 2020, 01:41 PM)
modern diesel cranks & starts just as fast as petrol... there's no multiple rounds of cranking and delays...

if using correct cca rated battery... we should not be penalized in the warranty
very much agree but 80% of the diesel out there are still being use for heavy transporter or machinery. The numbers of diesel running domestic car (maybe 20% or lower?) are rare and your single voice is not loud enough..

myself i owned a starex diesel also.. the cost of battery is not cheap but still warranty - 6 months

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Oct 22 2020, 03:56 PM
kevinlim001
post Oct 22 2020, 04:21 PM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Oct 22 2020, 04:19 PM)
ya. nothing much we can do... pay rm1.2k for agm also gets 6 months and treated like crooks when you claim..lol

lucky these agm tahan lama
apologies if you have mention this.. i may missed this part out..

are you using AGM on your continental car? or its just japan/local car?
kevinlim001
post Oct 22 2020, 06:56 PM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Oct 22 2020, 04:30 PM)
agm on conti oil burner...never mentioned until now because you asked... scared trigger Roman bro more questions from him... laugh.gif
I see.. then I have no further question haha.. I m interested to check local or Japanese ride with agm.. to check if the battery will be over charged
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 08:41 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Apr 14 2021, 11:31 PM)
My car (Mazda Cx-5) battery (Delkor) just died after 1 year and 8 months. Was looking for recommendation...some people recommended Varta or Amaron. Not sure which is better.
i am using my second unit of varta which the previous one last me about 3 years. Amaron doesnt produce EFB until 1-2 years back. So far havent see ppl complaining about Amaron EFB so I think both will serve u well.
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 09:05 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 08:53 AM)
If your Varta lasted 3 years, then I would recommend our friend to select Varta also.

I have a potential client waiting in line who has much to complain about Amaron when I met them 2 days ago. They have went through a couple Amarons since battery resellers were offering them only that. Strangely they believed the resellers despite having bad experiences with Amaron previously. Maybe they had no other options. So now I am monitoring their degrading Amaron that is dated Oct 2020 and they will contact me immediately when something is wrong.
i am not sure about Amaron EFB but i used Amaron Hi-Life NS60 for more than 4 years and still kicking when i sell my car.. On the third year i m having difficulties to start so i thought was the battery fault send to amaron reseller and they tested the battery and claimed that is still working.. at the end is the aging starter which required more power to start.. added a relay and all good after that.
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 09:08 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 09:06 AM)
Bro., are you located in KL or Selangor ?
no boss.. i drive with J plate

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Apr 15 2021, 09:08 AM
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 09:29 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 09:16 AM)
J is good. Even better. The 1st Amaron batteries that came into Malaysia was through Singapore, so Amarons in Johor rightfully should be the freshest and the best, but that does not hold true if the reseller decides to give one an old Amaron. It is possible to imply that generally Amarons in Johor will perform much better than other states, unless there is another importer in Selangor or KL location.
what you said is true.. Back then Amaron are not as popular as now. I was searching up n down for it. The price was not as competitive also. The last event which i said i have problem starting.. i been to another reseller they claim my unit was from SG. I still place my trust over Amaron.. i use it on my wife City NS60 also over the stock NS40.. but not sure how long its gonna last.
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 09:32 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Apr 15 2021, 09:29 AM)
Any recommendation for shops in KL/Selangor? How much does it cost?
i change the 110d model warranty 1 year for RM500+ including trade in... the previous one was changed by SC for RM500+ also that was 95d (black Varta) warranty for 18 months
I dont have contact in KL/Selangor (btw i remember you are the TS for cx5 group.. u din check in the cx5 group see if any of the member can advise?)
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 10:59 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 10:21 AM)
TQ bro., for letting me know. 👍 I think this is the problem, when I viewed it, it was a CBU unit that uses AGM Battery. So now the CKD unit uses MF Camel Battery ? Wait a minute but that is from Ooisay a battery reseller.

I will go to Proton and enquire about this and what type of battery & size recommended for X70 & X50 by Proton for both CBU & CKD models. I am very particular about accurate details because incorrect advices provided will damage ones goodwill. Anyway it is good to know things also. 😊
CBU unit that uses AGM Battery <-- that is a seriously expensive piece of electrolyte
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 01:54 PM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 12:17 PM)
Just went to Proton Service Center but was told to come back another day as today is some holiday. Will update about this the moment I have direct clarification from Proton's Service Center.

Checked online, there seems to be various opinions on the suitable battery size for the X50 & X70, but I reckon its best to hear directly from the horses' mouth what Proton has to say first.
was having lunch with one of my friend who happen to own x70. He claimed his CBU x70 is now using amaron after his Varta gg
kevinlim001
post Apr 18 2021, 07:59 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 17 2021, 02:36 PM)
Your friends X70 must be a CBU unit, right ?
How long did your friends Made in China Varta AGM battery lasted ?
The new Amaron battery an AGM type or a SLI battery ?
yea x70 cbu.. varta china last less than 2 years
new amaron he himself has no idea but the price he paid for it was 500+ i guess its normal type not AGM
kevinlim001
post Apr 19 2021, 08:41 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 18 2021, 09:06 AM)
What is certain is that I am positive that the CBU I checked had a Made in China Varta AGM battery. That raises a few question now.

AGM batteries are very good batteries and they really do last. How is it that your friend's AGM battery only lasted <2 years, whereas AGM batteries last so much much longer in other continental cars ?

Another question is, was that truly an AGM Battery that came in your friends CBU X70 in the first place ? Varta advocates that it is only proper to change an AGM battery for another AGM battery and those with EFB battery can either use an EFB battery or upgrade to an AGM battery. Its always an upgrade and never downgrade. However when your friend was provided normal type Amaron that is the issue. AGM to normal type is definately a downgrade.

If your friend bought the CKD X70, then I would understand since Proton recommends DIN66L for the CKD units. Since Proton is the providing warranty to X70 who am I or Varta to say that it is wrong ? However for those who decides to change battery outside and not use Proton Service Center or use Century thats recommended by Proton, if anything were to happen, sendiri pandai pandai lo.
The continental AGM size seem bigger and the placement are more strategic. I am not sure how the things will go for my friend but will update in case i heard more from him. rclxub.gif
kevinlim001
post Apr 19 2021, 09:12 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,598 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 19 2021, 08:56 AM)
Couldnt agree more about placement. It is the worst place to be.

Been scanning YouTube videos for more detailed information to understand more about Proton X70 battery failures. It appears that only 2 videos mentioned the Varta AGM battery died at 33,790km & 40,500km mileage or 1yr < x < 2yr period.

For CKD units installed with DIN66L battery, their time will come.
i remember how cx5 group was fully of battery failure on the first gen. The battery provided by Mazda factory was not up to consumer standard which will die prematurely OR die right after warranty is done (like my case - 1 year 3 months). Recently it seems to have less case reported.. I hope proton case is not as severe as Mazda thumbsup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0290sec    0.86    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 7th May 2021 - 06:39 PM