Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Battery brand that has lasted 4 years or more.

views

Duckies
post Jan 24 2019, 10:51 AM

Rubber Ducky
9,543 posts

Sigh the battery used in Mazda's car macam barely can last 1 year
Duckies
post Jan 24 2019, 10:57 AM

Rubber Ducky
9,543 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 24 2019, 10:55 AM)
What battery brand is that ?
Is your battery stock which came when you received your new ride ? Or has the battery been replaced before ?
I am still using stock but I've seen many changes their battery at 1 year ish mark. Or at most 2 years only.

So I foresee I'll be changing mine anytime after a year.

I think the stock battery is Delco? I am planning to go for Varta or Amaron if it dies.

My old Myvi's Yokohoma battery lasted 5 years. Still have 80% health when I changed it due to aging reason.

This post has been edited by Duckies: Jan 24 2019, 11:04 AM
Duckies
post Jan 24 2019, 11:28 AM

Rubber Ducky
9,543 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 24 2019, 11:24 AM)
I respect your decision but if I were you, this is what I would do. I will still select the identical brand, Delco and see how that pans out before switching to another brand. Using the same brand in a row allows me to make comparisons.

Yes Yokohama was indeed a great brand with outstanding testimonies but this brand no longer exist as I was told. However driving around recently, I been seeing Yokohama in an all black casing with gold coloured sticker or something like that. Will try to take a picture of this brand or maybe it could be different spelling or something.

What a waste as I would love to collect your used Yokohama to do some research. sad.gif
Hahaha my old Myvi changed to Century or something. I think it just pass 1 year mark. I passed the car to my sister already.

Lol don't think I'll stick with Delco anymore. I'll let others to do the testing XD
Duckies
post Apr 14 2021, 11:31 PM

Rubber Ducky
9,543 posts

My car (Mazda Cx-5) battery (Delkor) just died after 1 year and 8 months. Was looking for recommendation...some people recommended Varta or Amaron. Not sure which is better.
Duckies
post Apr 14 2021, 11:44 PM

Rubber Ducky
9,543 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 14 2021, 11:42 PM)
Is your CX5 with the Start-Stop function or without ?

If you are in Melaka, do let me know otherwise, I suggest that you visit your authorized service center because from what I understand is that Bermaz has changed their battery supplier whom now provides a higher capacity battery plus longer warranty than before.
Comes with start-stop function which I hate. I am in KL and Selangor haha. Oh, is it? The one I got from SC is the Delkor one which only last 1 year and 8 months. Plus it's very expensive at 600+
Duckies
post Apr 15 2021, 09:29 AM

Rubber Ducky
9,543 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 15 2021, 08:41 AM)
i am using my second unit of varta which the previous one last me about 3 years. Amaron doesnt produce EFB until 1-2 years back. So far havent see ppl complaining about Amaron EFB so I think both will serve u well.
Any recommendation for shops in KL/Selangor? How much does it cost?
Duckies
post Apr 15 2021, 09:40 AM

Rubber Ducky
9,543 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 15 2021, 09:32 AM)
i change the 110d model warranty 1 year for RM500+ including trade in... the previous one was changed by SC for RM500+ also that was 95d (black Varta) warranty for 18 months
I dont have contact in KL/Selangor (btw i remember you are the TS for cx5 group.. u din check in the cx5 group see if any of the member can advise?)
Hahaha I did asked there. Waiting for reply. Meanwhile asking here also tongue.gif
Duckies
post Mar 7 2023, 10:32 AM

Rubber Ducky
9,543 posts

QUOTE(yhsiau @ Mar 7 2023, 08:36 AM)
From what I heard from the Mazda CX5 users, that "I-stop" function only works for 3 mins.. any time longer than that, it will start the engine. Btw, those vehicle air-cond blow air only not cold air while idling.. want a real cold air from air-cond vent while the car is idling? Get the real hybrid cars!!! (Prius or City RS) laugh.gif

Any new Myvi/Alza/Ativa/Arus (P2 must be a "A" lover) users care to comment? XD
i-stop is the most useless feature ever. Cost more to change battery, super unpleasant when it activates and I think it'll cost more to replace the engine mounting in the long run than saving petrol ranting.gif
Duckies
post Mar 7 2023, 11:04 AM

Rubber Ducky
9,543 posts

QUOTE(yhsiau @ Mar 7 2023, 10:49 AM)
If u want your car battery lasts longer, you have to switch off the "I-stop" function every time you drive the car.
Ya I do switched it off. Too annoy to use in Malaysia traffic.
Duckies
post Mar 7 2023, 11:12 AM

Rubber Ducky
9,543 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Mar 7 2023, 11:10 AM)
not sure for mazda but for BMW, u can send to the shop with coding to permanently switch it off.
Mazda can also do the same. But I sudah biasa to turn it off along with turning on my side mirrors.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1191sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:43 PM