Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

205 Pages « < 31 32 33 34 35 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Battery brand that has lasted 4 years or more.

views

magnesium
post Feb 21 2020, 05:30 PM

Regular
1,130 posts

QUOTE(judehow @ Feb 15 2020, 04:03 PM)
May I know where is  get Bosch  reputable  agent and dealer ?
Rawang sungai kayu bakau got 1 battery factory. They also carry others reputable branded batteries like bosch and gp.

If under warranty they will check battery condition and replaced with new battery if faulty.
TSRoman Catholic
post Feb 21 2020, 09:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Feb 19 2020, 03:23 PM)
if you say the car was european marque, i might still be ok with the issue. But now you say that it is an innova, then i'm a little surprised, because japanese cars usually can continue running without a battery....unless this is really the design of the circuitry on innova....

care to experiment on another innova?Β  tongue.gif
Bro., I need you advice.
Remember the Innova that died, immediately after the (-)ve terminal was removed.

Today, the home call and reported the new battery had failed.
Date of installation 14/2 the new battery was in high state of charge 12.6V with 597 CCA
Today 21/2, in just a week, the voltage had dropped by 11.78V with 108 CCA balance ???

Also when inspected closer this Innova it appears to have had a frontal collision because the materials and workmanship inside the engine bay does not look like it came from Toyota either. No wonder the 2nd hand car dealer was so eager to unload this by throwing in a Rm7k discount just to close the deal. 😨

Could a serious collision affect the electrical circuitry so much, that it has affected the battery until this state ?

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Feb 21 2020, 09:05 PM
Zack Styler
post Feb 21 2020, 09:23 PM

Things Happen for a Reason...
1,280 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Feb 21 2020, 09:03 PM)
Bro., I need you advice.
Remember the Innova that died, immediately after the (-)ve terminal was removed.

Date of installation 14/2 the new battery was in high state of charge 12.6V with 597 CCA
Today 21/2, in just a week, the voltage had dropped by 11.78V with 108 CCA balance ???

Also when inspected closer this Innova it appears to have had a frontal collision because the materials and workmanship inside the engine bay does not look like it came from Toyota either. No wonder the 2nd hand car dealer was so eager to unload this by throwing in a Rm7k discount just to close the deal. 😨

Could a serious collision affect the electrical circuitry so much, that it has affected the battery until this state ?
sounds like alternator not working to me..

TSRoman Catholic
post Feb 21 2020, 11:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Zack Styler @ Feb 21 2020, 09:23 PM)
sounds like alternator not working to me..
How I wish it was. The Starter Test and Charging Test, all pass even with a good 2nd hand battery that was use as a temporary replacement.

Here's the result of the 2nd hand battery test

GOOD BATTERY
Volts 13.04V
Measured 531CCA
Rating 550CCA

STARTER TEST
Normal
Volts 11.28V

CHARGING TEST
OK
Volts 13.50V

I sincerely hope my good 2nd hand battery does not suffer the same fate as the new battery within a week's time. This probably has to be the weirdest case ever, if history is to repeat itself. 😒
outpace
post Feb 23 2020, 04:54 PM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Feb 19 2020, 10:10 AM)
Ok and thanks for your information. Here's what I can deduce.

Polo. It seems to have an exceptionally high power consumption of 24 CCA/month, far greater than all the cars that I have tested todate. Or maybe that is VW standard thingy, I don't know.

Gen2. Now I think I know what you are trying to say. However if I had guessed it correctly, the Gen2 high power consumption 16 CCA/month.

Here's the thing, one has to factor in power consumption as well in determining battery lifespan. The higher the power consumption, the shorter will the lifespan be, and vice versa. I know for sure that cars that runs only during the day, their batteries last longer than cars that runs at night. Simply because there is no load on the battery from the lights on day cars. Since you mentioned about frequent midnight jobs, that could be your very reason.

My sister-in-law gatal-gatal when to install a huge entertainment unit etc etc and then asked why her battery cannot last long. Now in order to say money on the DIN55 battery, now she never turns on the entertainment unit anymore.

A good friend of mine came in a new Odyssey and said that the battery dies after a year period. With the 2 huge automatic sliding doors, USB ports throughtout the car for charging 5 phones dan lain lain lagi, macam mana tak mati ?

I met a Chinese lady yesterday, whom is interested in attending my talk next month. She said she tries not to use the air-con where possible, just to save money on batteries and she managed to push her battery lifespan longer than before. I commended that it was very wise of her.

If anyone were to run 2 simple test, using 2 new batteries & let it self-discharge by itself sitting on the floor. The higher powered unit will certainly out last the lower powered unit accordingly based on CCA differences by the same proportion.
What talk you going to held in next month?
outpace
post Feb 23 2020, 04:56 PM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Feb 19 2020, 07:25 PM)
Bro., thank for the picture but if you could provide a picture of a setup 12V Gel Battery under the hood with those adaptors attached, it will definately clear all doubts.

I have always read about gel battery but never actually seen one yet. Can't wait to know more about this type of battery when it arrives in Melaka.
Just buy one online if you arr interested to buy right?
TSRoman Catholic
post Feb 23 2020, 07:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(outpace @ Feb 23 2020, 04:54 PM)
What talk you going to held in next month?
I think a better word is sharing with fellow Christians instead of talk. Requested topics are mainly on types of batteries, how to extend battery lifespan and techniques of jump-starting safely, plus some other small talk in a church setting. Nothing anyone should be worry about. 😊
TSRoman Catholic
post Feb 23 2020, 07:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(outpace @ Feb 23 2020, 04:56 PM)
Just buy one online if you arr interested to buy right?
Perhaps some other time when I am up for the challenge but not at the moment. Me not so clever type, so I just follow manufacturer's recommendation aje but I really admire members who buat macam macam because their technical expertise.
wkc5657
post Feb 24 2020, 11:23 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Feb 21 2020, 09:03 PM)
Bro., I need you advice.

It is shorting somewhere, hence constant drain. Could be as simple as a shorted fuse or some broken sensor that causes the car electronics to not fully shut down after engine off, live/grounding reconnected wrongly (i hope not that some idiots managed to connect ground and live together) etc....a pain in the ass for this kind of job...

Need to bring to those workshop expert in car electrical works to diagnose.
steve1703
post Feb 24 2020, 01:11 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

toyota brand car battery, 2 times and it last only 1.5years. trying panasonic now
TSRoman Catholic
post Feb 24 2020, 04:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Feb 24 2020, 11:23 AM)
It is shorting somewhere, hence constant drain. Could be as simple as a shorted fuse or some broken sensor that causes the car electronics to not fully shut down after engine off, live/grounding reconnected wrongly (i hope not that some idiots managed to connect ground and live together) etc....a pain in the ass for this kind of job...

Thanks bro., yes I will highlight this to the administrator of the orphanage. Hopefully the expert will be able to spot the problem the first time around otherwise it looks like it is going to take a very long time.
Sean77
post Mar 2 2020, 06:56 AM

Getting Started
165 posts

Guys, searching this battery for my dads waja, any1 had experience with this varta black?
Tq

user posted image
TSRoman Catholic
post Mar 2 2020, 08:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Feb 24 2020, 11:23 AM)

Bro, you were right about shorting somewhere and it has been fixed by the electrical foreman. It wasn't until the battery died for the 2nd time, that the driver only began to take things seriously despite the numerous reminders to get the Innova check out for parasitic drain in the car's electrical system.

Now my hope is that the new battery has not suffered any major damages since it has been completely drained twice until it will affect it's performance in the long run.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Mar 2 2020, 08:32 AM
TSRoman Catholic
post Mar 2 2020, 08:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(steve1703 @ Feb 24 2020, 01:11 PM)
toyota brand car battery, 2 times and it last only 1.5years. trying panasonic now
Toyota is into batteries too ? This ought to be interesting, bro what is name on the battery ?

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Mar 2 2020, 08:28 AM
VeeJay
post Mar 2 2020, 10:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Mar 2 2020, 08:25 AM)
Toyota is into batteries too ? This ought to be interesting, bro what is name on the battery ?
They had been onto batteries...as long as I can remember! smile.gif

Johnson Controls makes for them

This is a US site...but as you know, the quality we receive here, might be different

https://www.metro-toyota.com/service-center/batteries.htm
TSRoman Catholic
post Mar 2 2020, 11:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Mar 2 2020, 10:31 AM)
They had been onto batteries...as long as I can remember! smile.gif

Johnson Controls makes for them

This is a US site...but as you know, the quality we receive here, might be different

https://www.metro-toyota.com/service-center/batteries.htm
Thanks bro, finally there's a name to it. I remember being in the new Innova and I enjoyed driving it for it had so much power but unfortunately there wasn't a name on the battery at all. Even Perodua now has joined the bandwagon in the battery business. 😊
wkc5657
post Mar 2 2020, 11:25 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Mar 2 2020, 08:22 AM)
Bro, you were right about shorting somewhere and it has been fixed by the electrical foreman. It wasn't until the battery died for the 2nd time, that the driver only began to take things seriously despite the numerous reminders to get the Innova check out for parasitic drain in the car's electrical system.

Now my hope is that the new battery has not suffered any major damages since it has been completely drained twice until it will affect it's performance in the long run.
great to know that it has been resolved.

What was the particular area that was shorted?
TSRoman Catholic
post Mar 2 2020, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Mar 2 2020, 11:25 AM)

I think I would have to ask the electrical foreman directly because I don't understand what the driver was telling me when I asked him. Better to get the information directly from the source, instead of 2 parties trying to convey a message that neither understands. πŸ˜‚

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Mar 2 2020, 12:44 PM
TSRoman Catholic
post Mar 3 2020, 12:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Mar 2 2020, 11:25 AM)

Bro, I regret to inform that whomever the driver went to to resolve the parasitic drain in the electrical system didn't follow the advice or recommendation. Instead he went to another and what was done was replacement of an alternator instead !!! I guess that is how one makes an extra buck by misdiagnosing.

The tester has already proven that the alternator is fine, why on earth the foreman went to change the alternator is anyone's guess and I don't even know who is this foreman. This Tuesday morning battery test measured CCA of 540 instead of 590 on Sunday morning. In just 48 hours it has lost 50 CCA ridiculous.
wkc5657
post Mar 3 2020, 02:45 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Mar 3 2020, 12:03 PM)
Bro, I regret to inform that whomever the driver went to to resolve the parasitic drain in the electrical system didn't follow the advice or recommendation. Instead he went to another and what was done was replacement of an alternator instead !!! I guess that is how one makes an extra buck by misdiagnosing.

The tester has already proven that the alternator is fine, why on earth the foreman went to change the alternator is anyone's guess and I don't even know who is this foreman. This Tuesday morning battery test measured CCA of 540 instead of 590 on Sunday morning. In just 48 hours it has lost 50 CCA ridiculous.
doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

Anyway, loss of 50CCA in 2 days isn't something to be concerned. Temperature changes can have some effect on it. But if constantly dropping over the days, then really the charge is shorting somewhere....

I think more than 1k gone just by changing 3 batteries plus the alternator, and possibly without solving the problem.

205 Pages « < 31 32 33 34 35 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:52 PM