Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

72 Pages « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Battery brand that has lasted 4 years or more.

views

Roman Catholic
post Apr 14 2021, 11:57 PM

Regular
1,238 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Apr 14 2021, 11:44 PM)
Comes with start-stop function which I hate. I am in KL and Selangor haha. Oh, is it? The one I got from SC is the Delkor one which only last 1 year and 8 months. Plus it's very expensive at 600+
I do not know what battery brand they are using now because the Service Center was reluctant to tell me and when I tried to look what is under the hood behind the battery shield, the Sales Advisor was there to prevent me from doing so. Anyway if they tell you its still Delkor that means they werent telling me the truth and you might as well try to find another battery supplier instead. How do I know they arent telling the truth is because I visited their showroom about 6 months ago.

Unfortunately you have to use a battery thats suitable for Start-Stop function because if you do not follow the battery manufacturer's recommendation, there won't be any warranty for it.

Yes you are correct it is expensive because it is an EFB Battery and not the normal SLI Battery. You can thank your lucky stars too yours is a CX5, if it was X70 you would be staring at Rm2,000 a piece of AGM Battery.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Apr 15 2021, 12:20 AM
ayamxxx
post Apr 15 2021, 07:46 AM

Regular
1,291 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 14 2021, 11:57 PM)
I do not know what battery brand they are using now because the Service Center was reluctant to tell me and when I tried to look what is under the hood behind the battery shield, the Sales Advisor was there to prevent me from doing so. Anyway if they tell you its still Delkor that means they werent telling me the truth and you might as well try to find another battery supplier instead. How do I know they arent telling the truth is because I visited their showroom about 6 months ago.

Unfortunately you have to use a battery thats suitable for Start-Stop function because if you do not follow the battery manufacturer's recommendation, there won't be any warranty for it.

Yes you are correct it is expensive because it is an EFB Battery and not the normal SLI Battery. You can thank your lucky stars too yours is a CX5, if it was X70 you would be staring at Rm2,000 a piece of AGM Battery.
Really the x70 using rm2k battery price? Iinm most I saw on fb group spend around 300-400 for x70 ckd battery replacement
Roman Catholic
post Apr 15 2021, 08:22 AM

Regular
1,238 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Apr 15 2021, 07:46 AM)
Really the x70 using rm2k battery price? Iinm most I saw on fb group spend around 300-400 for x70 ckd battery replacement
Proton Sales Advisor told me that price. It cannot be Rm300-Rm400 for an AGM Battery. The word AGM Battery was indicated on the battery when I inspected it in Proton's showroom.

EFB Q85 Battery already costs more than Rm300-Rm400 and AGM Battery is the best battery technology meant for high powered vehicles at the moment.

What could have happened is that FB group X70 users are possibly trying out normal lead-acid battery instead trying to save money. Start-Stop engine already requires a higher capacity battery to operate, what more X70 laden with so much electrical loads. What more a talking car like with Hi Proton ! Sure la battery mesti lagi power punya. More power involved surely higher is the price.

Just like that there are group who believes in 2nd hand batteries, Rm50 for a 24 hour warranty pun boleh !!! 😨😨😨 The only excuse in doing so is, tengok nasib kalau tahan lama untunglah u. They have somehow managed to changed their minds by convincing them that it is worth the gamble. A bank officer even once asked me what I think about 2nd hand batteries ? I was shocked by that question and begin investigating how the 2nd hand batteries came into the picture.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Apr 15 2021, 08:29 AM
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 08:41 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,606 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Apr 14 2021, 11:31 PM)
My car (Mazda Cx-5) battery (Delkor) just died after 1 year and 8 months. Was looking for recommendation...some people recommended Varta or Amaron. Not sure which is better.
i am using my second unit of varta which the previous one last me about 3 years. Amaron doesnt produce EFB until 1-2 years back. So far havent see ppl complaining about Amaron EFB so I think both will serve u well.
Roman Catholic
post Apr 15 2021, 08:53 AM

Regular
1,238 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 15 2021, 08:41 AM)
i am using my second unit of varta which the previous one last me about 3 years. Amaron doesnt produce EFB until 1-2 years back. So far havent see ppl complaining about Amaron EFB so I think both will serve u well.
If your Varta lasted 3 years, then I would recommend our friend to select Varta also.

I have a potential client waiting in line who has much to complain about Amaron when I met them 2 days ago. They have went through a couple Amarons since battery resellers were offering them only that. Strangely they believed the resellers despite having bad experiences with Amaron previously. Maybe they had no other options. So now I am monitoring their degrading Amaron that is dated Oct 2020 and they will contact me immediately when something is wrong.
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 09:05 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,606 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 08:53 AM)
If your Varta lasted 3 years, then I would recommend our friend to select Varta also.

I have a potential client waiting in line who has much to complain about Amaron when I met them 2 days ago. They have went through a couple Amarons since battery resellers were offering them only that. Strangely they believed the resellers despite having bad experiences with Amaron previously. Maybe they had no other options. So now I am monitoring their degrading Amaron that is dated Oct 2020 and they will contact me immediately when something is wrong.
i am not sure about Amaron EFB but i used Amaron Hi-Life NS60 for more than 4 years and still kicking when i sell my car.. On the third year i m having difficulties to start so i thought was the battery fault send to amaron reseller and they tested the battery and claimed that is still working.. at the end is the aging starter which required more power to start.. added a relay and all good after that.
Roman Catholic
post Apr 15 2021, 09:06 AM

Regular
1,238 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 15 2021, 09:05 AM)
i am not sure about Amaron EFB but i used Amaron Hi-Life NS60 for more than 4 years and still kicking when i sell my car.. On the third year i m having difficulties to start so i thought was the battery fault send to amaron reseller and they tested the battery and claimed that is still working.. at the end is the aging starter which required more power to start.. added a relay and all good after that.
Bro., are you located in KL or Selangor ?
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 09:08 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,606 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 09:06 AM)
Bro., are you located in KL or Selangor ?
no boss.. i drive with J plate

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: Apr 15 2021, 09:08 AM
Roman Catholic
post Apr 15 2021, 09:16 AM

Regular
1,238 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 15 2021, 09:08 AM)
no boss.. i drive with J plate
J is good. Even better. The 1st Amaron batteries that came into Malaysia was through Singapore, so Amarons in Johor rightfully should be the freshest and the best, but that does not hold true if the reseller decides to give one an old Amaron. It is possible to imply that generally Amarons in Johor will perform much better than other states, unless there is another importer in Selangor or KL location.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Apr 15 2021, 09:18 AM
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 09:29 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,606 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 09:16 AM)
J is good. Even better. The 1st Amaron batteries that came into Malaysia was through Singapore, so Amarons in Johor rightfully should be the freshest and the best, but that does not hold true if the reseller decides to give one an old Amaron. It is possible to imply that generally Amarons in Johor will perform much better than other states, unless there is another importer in Selangor or KL location.
what you said is true.. Back then Amaron are not as popular as now. I was searching up n down for it. The price was not as competitive also. The last event which i said i have problem starting.. i been to another reseller they claim my unit was from SG. I still place my trust over Amaron.. i use it on my wife City NS60 also over the stock NS40.. but not sure how long its gonna last.
Duckies
post Apr 15 2021, 09:29 AM

Rubber Ducky
8,975 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 15 2021, 08:41 AM)
Any recommendation for shops in KL/Selangor? How much does it cost?
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 09:32 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,606 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Apr 15 2021, 09:29 AM)
Any recommendation for shops in KL/Selangor? How much does it cost?
i change the 110d model warranty 1 year for RM500+ including trade in... the previous one was changed by SC for RM500+ also that was 95d (black Varta) warranty for 18 months
I dont have contact in KL/Selangor (btw i remember you are the TS for cx5 group.. u din check in the cx5 group see if any of the member can advise?)
Duckies
post Apr 15 2021, 09:40 AM

Rubber Ducky
8,975 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 15 2021, 09:32 AM)
i change the 110d model warranty 1 year for RM500+ including trade in... the previous one was changed by SC for RM500+ also that was 95d (black Varta) warranty for 18 months
I dont have contact in KL/Selangor (btw i remember you are the TS for cx5 group.. u din check in the cx5 group see if any of the member can advise?)
Hahaha I did asked there. Waiting for reply. Meanwhile asking here also tongue.gif
ayamxxx
post Apr 15 2021, 10:09 AM

Regular
1,291 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 08:22 AM)
Proton Sales Advisor told me that price. It cannot be Rm300-Rm400 for an AGM Battery. The word AGM Battery was indicated on the battery when I inspected it in Proton's showroom.

EFB Q85 Battery already costs more than Rm300-Rm400 and AGM Battery is the best battery technology meant for high powered vehicles at the moment.

What could have happened is that FB group X70 users are possibly trying out normal lead-acid battery instead trying to save money. Start-Stop engine already requires a higher capacity battery to operate, what more X70 laden with so much electrical loads. What more a talking car like with Hi Proton ! Sure la battery mesti lagi power punya. More power involved surely higher is the price.

Just like that there are group who believes in 2nd hand batteries, Rm50 for a 24 hour warranty pun boleh !!! 😨😨😨 The only excuse in doing so is, tengok nasib kalau tahan lama untunglah u. They have somehow managed to changed their minds by convincing them that it is worth the gamble. A bank officer even once asked me what I think about 2nd hand batteries ? I was shocked by that question and begin investigating how the 2nd hand batteries came into the picture.
The ori CKD x70 is using normal mf battery brand Camel. And follow the link here, battery, there are option for normal mf battery plus agm.

Unless the factory put agm battery, user will put agm for replacement. Appreciate your comments.

But from my view on x70 fb group, the battery only survive max for 2 years plus.
Roman Catholic
post Apr 15 2021, 10:21 AM

Regular
1,238 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Apr 15 2021, 10:09 AM)
The ori CKD x70 is using normal mf battery brand Camel. And follow the link here, battery, there are option for normal mf battery plus agm.

Unless the factory put agm battery, user will put agm for replacement. Appreciate your comments.

But from my view on x70 fb group, the battery only survive max for 2 years plus.
TQ bro., for letting me know. 👍 I think this is the problem, when I viewed it, it was a CBU unit that uses AGM Battery. So now the CKD unit uses MF Camel Battery ? Wait a minute but that is from Ooisay a battery reseller.

I will go to Proton and enquire about this and what type of battery & size recommended for X70 & X50 by Proton for both CBU & CKD models. I am very particular about accurate details because incorrect advices provided will damage ones goodwill. Anyway it is good to know things also. 😊

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Apr 15 2021, 10:22 AM
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 10:59 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,606 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 10:21 AM)
TQ bro., for letting me know. 👍 I think this is the problem, when I viewed it, it was a CBU unit that uses AGM Battery. So now the CKD unit uses MF Camel Battery ? Wait a minute but that is from Ooisay a battery reseller.

I will go to Proton and enquire about this and what type of battery & size recommended for X70 & X50 by Proton for both CBU & CKD models. I am very particular about accurate details because incorrect advices provided will damage ones goodwill. Anyway it is good to know things also. 😊
CBU unit that uses AGM Battery <-- that is a seriously expensive piece of electrolyte
Roman Catholic
post Apr 15 2021, 12:17 PM

Regular
1,238 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 15 2021, 10:59 AM)
CBU unit that uses AGM Battery <-- that is a seriously expensive piece of electrolyte
Just went to Proton Service Center but was told to come back another day as today is some holiday. Will update about this the moment I have direct clarification from Proton's Service Center.

Checked online, there seems to be various opinions on the suitable battery size for the X50 & X70, but I reckon its best to hear directly from the horses' mouth what Proton has to say first.
kevinlim001
post Apr 15 2021, 01:54 PM

Ethical Hacker
5,606 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Apr 15 2021, 12:17 PM)
Just went to Proton Service Center but was told to come back another day as today is some holiday. Will update about this the moment I have direct clarification from Proton's Service Center.

Checked online, there seems to be various opinions on the suitable battery size for the X50 & X70, but I reckon its best to hear directly from the horses' mouth what Proton has to say first.
was having lunch with one of my friend who happen to own x70. He claimed his CBU x70 is now using amaron after his Varta gg
Roman Catholic
post Apr 17 2021, 12:02 PM

Regular
1,238 posts

Just returned from Proton Service Centre in Peringgit Melaka and glad to inform that the authorized personnel at the store said that for the X70 the appropriate battery size is DIN66L and it can be used in both the CBU & CKD models, although the earlier CBU models came with an AGM battery.

Knowing me, the kiasu and kiasi type, if I had both CBU & CKD models, the batteries would be an AGM and a SLI batteries respectively.

In 1 of Nazz Abdullah videos he said that he has never heard of any problems with the CBU X70. Anyway it would be interesting to know owners comments on

1. CBU X70 + AGM Battery
2. CBU X70 + SLI Battery
3. CKD X70 + AGM Battery
4. CKD X70 + SLI Battery

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Apr 17 2021, 01:28 PM
Roman Catholic
post Apr 17 2021, 02:36 PM

Regular
1,238 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Apr 15 2021, 01:54 PM)
was having lunch with one of my friend who happen to own x70. He claimed his CBU x70 is now using amaron after his Varta gg
Your friends X70 must be a CBU unit, right ?
How long did your friends Made in China Varta AGM battery lasted ?
The new Amaron battery an AGM type or a SLI battery ?

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Apr 17 2021, 02:39 PM

72 Pages « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    0.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th May 2021 - 02:10 PM