Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

My manager don't want to sign annual leave yet, for Chinese New Year

views

SUSjimmyoon1994
post Jan 7 2019, 12:43 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
141 posts

As 5 & 6 February is CNY public holiday, I apply 3 days AL on 4, 7 & 8 February. This year come 12 AL (given separately June & December, half & half). I carried forward remaining 4 AL days to year 2019, need to clear year 2018 AL before 31/12/2019 and the continue years to come.

My colleagues are planning to take the whole week off too, but they don't apply it yet.
So, my manager refuse to sign my 3 days AL, told me need to see works order and manpower. Department have 4 employees only, maybe only left one not taking whole week because no annual leave.

This it is chinese festival once a year as I told her, and she still refuse to sign for now.
I'm very mad because works never finish ever, lack of manpower is not my problem. What if someday I want to take 1 or 2 weeks off to travel, she will say the same thing.
Hades76
post Jan 7 2019, 12:46 PM

On my way
650 posts

Most probably she is waiting for the rest of your coleague to send in their application, then she can plan who can go on leave and for how long.
uglyduckling422
post Jan 7 2019, 12:52 PM

Casual
313 posts

QUOTE(Hades76 @ Jan 7 2019, 12:46 PM)
Most probably she is waiting for the rest of your coleague to send in their application, then she can plan who can go on leave and for how long.
Ya i agree with you. TS all your other colleague also Chinese? If yes, then hard. My office also four person but two Malays. So we can take one week off as Malays is working and when Raya we working while they off
wailam
post Jan 7 2019, 12:54 PM

Apa benda ini?
950 posts

^
magnesium
post Jan 7 2019, 12:58 PM

Regular
1,130 posts

U work in service field?
helpful
post Jan 7 2019, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(jimmyoon1994 @ Jan 7 2019, 12:43 PM)
As 5 & 6 February is CNY public holiday, I apply 3 days AL on 4, 7 & 8 February. This year come 12 AL (given separately June & December, half & half). I carried forward remaining 4 AL days to year 2019, need to clear year 2018 AL before 31/12/2019 and the continue years to come.

My colleagues are planning to take the whole week off too, but they don't apply it yet.
So, my manager refuse to sign my 3 days AL, told me need to see works order and manpower. Department have 4 employees only, maybe only left one not taking whole week because no annual leave.

This it is chinese festival once a year as I told her, and she still refuse to sign for now.
I'm very mad because works never finish ever, lack of manpower is not my problem. What if someday I want to take 1 or 2 weeks off to travel, she will say the same thing.
PERSONALLY I think you got to think for YOURSELF

Better quit and start your own business .

Then YOU CAN DECIDE what is best for you ----- whether you want to work anyday is up to you .

Hope this will solve your problem !
SUSjimmyoon1994
post Jan 7 2019, 01:21 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

There are two with 2x AL remaining, another one with not much AL to spend, I have left 4 AL + 6 days (year 2019). I applied first though.

QUOTE(uglyduckling422 @ Jan 7 2019, 12:52 PM)
Ya i agree with you. TS all your other colleague also Chinese? If yes, then hard. My office also four person but two Malays. So we can take one week off as Malays is working and when Raya we working while they off
4 are chinese... Hard, I know, but in fact, it is CNY, I planned to go out around out from Penang also.

QUOTE(wailam @ Jan 7 2019, 12:54 PM)
^
QUOTE(magnesium @ Jan 7 2019, 12:58 PM)
U work in service field?
Nah, it just like normal.
uglyduckling422
post Jan 7 2019, 02:21 PM

Casual
313 posts

QUOTE(jimmyoon1994 @ Jan 7 2019, 01:21 PM)
There are two with 2x AL remaining, another one with not much AL to spend, I have left 4 AL + 6 days (year 2019). I applied first though. 
4 are chinese... Hard, I know, but in fact, it is CNY, I planned to go out around out from Penang also.
Nah, it just like normal.
All Chinese that's why he want to wait all submit and compromise who can take. Maybe some early take and back start work early. Office cannot be no one. Or else if your company can close whole week is the best for everyone.

Worst case is time you find new job. I also think if you got leave you should be able to take it. No matter how long but for CNY , Raya all this big holiday then can compromise lah. Tats y i always holiday when not all this long leave. Sure pack with people. Want to find food also hard. Imagine last year I go Sg lembing during raya..breakfast all almost finish when there is a lot of stall at the food court. doh.gif . The second day i wake up so early in order to grab breakfast and the queue is so long.

culain99
post Jan 7 2019, 02:31 PM

-----
733 posts

QUOTE(jimmyoon1994 @ Jan 7 2019, 12:43 PM)

unfortunately this happens over here....hope for the best.

when I was in UK, had same issue Project Manager refuse to sign off because of deadline pressure and manpower issues. I spoke to HR there and next day Project Manager came to my desk to apologize and ask what dates I want to take my AL...he will sign off on the spot. but over here......like shit
a13solut3
post Jan 7 2019, 04:33 PM

Whiner FTW!
1,673 posts

QUOTE(uglyduckling422 @ Jan 7 2019, 02:21 PM)
All Chinese that's why he want to wait all submit and compromise who can take. Maybe some early take and back start work early. Office cannot be no one. Or else if your company can close whole week is the best for everyone.

Worst case is time you find new job. I also think if you got leave you should be able to take it. No matter how long but for CNY , Raya all this big holiday then can compromise lah. Tats y i always holiday when not all this long leave. Sure pack with people. Want to find food also hard. Imagine last year I go Sg lembing during raya..breakfast all almost finish when there is a lot of stall at the food court. doh.gif . The second day i wake up so early in order to grab breakfast and the queue is so long.
my IT dept 2 people servicing 300 staff+ , no such thing as both cannot take leave at same time. AL is entitled and can be taken without any reason given i believed. But we always try not to take leave at same time la..

If it was unpaid leave, then different story.
ipohmali70
post Jan 7 2019, 06:54 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(helpful @ Jan 7 2019, 01:10 PM)
PERSONALLY I think you got to think for YOURSELF

Better quit and start your own business .

Then YOU CAN DECIDE what is best for you ----- whether you want to work anyday is up to you .

Hope this will solve your problem !
Agree 100%.

Just fire your boss and become your own boss.

That's the easiest way.
ryde
post Jan 9 2019, 02:57 AM

17 posts

Luckily my company policy is manager is not allow to reject annual leaves. Once we apply, it is immediately approved. Manager can encourage you to stay back but cannot reject the leaves. It is still depend on employees wanna stay back or not. If alot of people take leave, manager is responsible on the manpower. Or employee can find someone to cover for them and just inform the manager on the coverage.

This post has been edited by ryde: Jan 9 2019, 02:58 AM
empire23
post Jan 9 2019, 04:52 AM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

My company's policy on annual leave = You can take it, but you'll be jobless afterwards.

lol
Lyu
post Jan 9 2019, 09:41 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

My department got more than 10 people

1 Leave Block can only be taken by 3 peoples

N my colleagues passed the form to me after all of them filled in the block...

In the end I only applied 1 leave on Festival Leave

Topkek
SUSjimmyoon1994
post Jan 9 2019, 10:29 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(ryde @ Jan 9 2019, 02:57 AM)
Luckily my company policy is manager is not allow to reject annual leaves. Once we apply, it is immediately approved. Manager can encourage you to stay back but cannot reject the leaves. It is still depend on employees wanna stay back or not. If alot of people take leave, manager is responsible on the manpower. Or employee can find someone to cover for them and just inform the manager on the coverage.
I can understand my manager, her responsibility. But it is my entitled annual leave.

QUOTE(empire23 @ Jan 9 2019, 04:52 AM)
My company's policy on annual leave = You can take it, but you'll be jobless afterwards.

lol
confused.gif

Really... blink.gif

QUOTE(Lyu @ Jan 9 2019, 09:41 PM)
My department got more than 10 people

1 Leave Block can only be taken by 3 peoples

N my colleagues passed the form to me after all of them filled in the block...

In the end I only applied 1 leave on Festival Leave

Topkek
My department got 4 people only (included me), tons of works. My manager and company knew, but still refuse to hire anyone yet.
3 of them are playing favorite and tend to against me almost all the time, office drama, especially that two aunt & annoying guy.

4/2/2019 (CNY Eve / family reunion dinner), I will go to work. 7 & 8 annual leave. At least I support the work on 4 February unlike them want to take whole week off (except one wants to keep AL.)
If I insist to get my manager sign, she'll likely sign it.

Simply put for both parties, if approved, "I happy, you happy".
RoastedChicken
post Jan 9 2019, 10:33 PM

味噌チキン
1,277 posts

My company off for a week. Not sure if i shud bersyukur or not
InvestThing
post Jan 10 2019, 02:11 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

lol
Thats rough. So how do you utilize your annual leave then?
MasBoleh!
post Jan 11 2019, 01:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

lol
You serious? Is an entitlement
holymushroom
post Jan 11 2019, 12:36 PM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(RoastedChicken @ Jan 9 2019, 10:33 PM)
My company off for a week. Not sure if i shud bersyukur or not
same here, but 7and 8 is compulsory leave...
Phoenix_KL
post Jan 12 2019, 12:38 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(MasBoleh! @ Jan 11 2019, 01:51 AM)
report the company
empire23
post Jan 12 2019, 07:01 AM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Staff
9,417 posts

QUOTE(InvestThing @ Jan 10 2019, 02:11 PM)
Thats rough. So how do you utilize your annual leave then?
Just cash it out at the end of a project. It’s a lot of money due to our hourly rates.

QUOTE(MasBoleh! @ Jan 11 2019, 01:51 AM)

Yeah but that’s the way things are lol
Jay Chua CC
post Jan 12 2019, 09:33 AM

~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
5,907 posts

whereas my employer make it 1 week compulsory leave for all employees whether you want it or not must take leave. lol
MasBoleh!
post Jan 12 2019, 11:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(empire23 @ Jan 12 2019, 07:01 AM)
Just cash it out at the end of a project. It’s a lot of money due to our hourly rates.
Yeah but that’s the way things are lol
I think the pays are pretty much worth it. You are one of the smartest guy I ever met anyway.
azbro
post Jan 12 2019, 11:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

I also do that, hold on to AL applied during festive season.

But I will inform my staff a deadline to submit all AL during that time so I can plan or approve who can go on leave.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:15 PM