Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maybank2u debit advice RM8

views

TSfireloh
post Jan 6 2019, 09:58 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
178 posts

After using Maybank saving account for more than 8 years, today only i realised my M2u account being charged debit advice of RM8 today for unlimited withdrawal of atm?

If we call maybank customer service, do we able to waive this amount?

is other bank also charge us similiar fees like this annually?

soul_star
post Jan 6 2019, 10:04 PM

On my way
533 posts

it's a fee to enable user to withdraw unlimited amount of time in a given month

it can be waived. but after a number of time of withdrawal, the next will be charged rm0.50 per withdrawal

im using maybank, not sure for other bank though
SUSDavid83
post Jan 6 2019, 11:19 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

The RM 8 annual fee is charged based on account type for unlimited free ATM withdrawal.

blackseed202
post Jan 7 2019, 06:57 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Jan 6 2019, 11:19 PM)
The RM 8 annual fee is charged based on account type for unlimited free ATM withdrawal.
Can we just call and ask to change and cancel to normal atm without the annual withdrawal fee?
SUSDavid83
post Jan 7 2019, 07:38 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(blackseed202 @ Jan 7 2019, 06:57 AM)
Can we just call and ask to change and cancel to normal atm without the annual withdrawal fee?
It depends on bank policy if account type conversion is allowed.
Take CIMB as an example, account conversion is not allowed.

Just have a chit chat with the bank CS.
powerlinkers
post Jan 7 2019, 08:11 AM

On my way
652 posts

Just change to no fee account (compulsory service must be offered by all commercial banks in Malaysia as per BNM rules): I am not sure whether your account number will change, ask Maybank.

TSfireloh
post Jan 7 2019, 08:40 AM

Getting Started
178 posts

What about other banks like public bank, Hong leong, do they charge us a debit advice for unlimited withdrawal as well? If no, I might consider changing to these banks.
Ramjade
post Jan 7 2019, 08:44 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(fireloh @ Jan 6 2019, 09:58 PM)
After using Maybank saving account for more than 8 years, today only i realised my M2u account being charged debit advice of RM8 today for unlimited withdrawal of atm?

Is normal if yours is not the free account. Guess you didn't realise they deduct RM8 yearly.

QUOTE(blackseed202 @ Jan 7 2019, 06:57 AM)
For maybank, yes. Walk in and convert to free account. Need to sign. Keep in mind the no of withdrawal restriction or free account.
HumbleBF
post Jun 8 2020, 02:11 PM

Casual
424 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Jan 7 2019, 08:44 AM)
Is normal if yours is not the free account. Guess you didn't realise they deduct RM8 yearly.
For maybank, yes.  Walk in and convert to free account. Need to sign. Keep in mind the no of withdrawal restriction or free account.
After convert can we still use debit card?
MilesAndMore
post Jun 8 2020, 04:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(fireloh @ Jan 6 2019, 09:58 PM)

Did you change your Maybank debit card recently ? Or may be last year ? If you are absolute certain that you were not charged any annual fee previously, then there is a possibility that someone has changed your debit card from limited withdrawal option to unlimited withdrawals, which is why it triggered an annual fee charge of RM8.

Unlike most other banks, almost all types of Maybank savings and current account have the option to be linked to a debit card that doesn’t have annual fee.

Maybank is charging debit card annual fee based on limited withdrawals or unlimited withdrawals. If you choose unlimited withdrawals, then you will be charged RM8/pa. If you choose limited withdrawals, then they won’t charge you any annual fee but only the first 4 ATM cash withdrawals in a month is free. Subsequent ATM cash withdrawals shall be charged RM0.50 per successful withdrawal but this fee is waived provided you have at least RM5,000 in your account when you make the withdrawal, or you make at least RM1,500 lump sum withdrawal in a single transaction.

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Jun 8 2020, 04:07 PM
adele123
post Jun 8 2020, 05:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,413 posts

QUOTE(HumbleBF @ Jun 8 2020, 02:11 PM)
After convert can we still use debit card?
Walk in, tell the customer service, you dont want to be charged rm8.

5th withdrawal and onwards in a month will be charged rm0.5 per withdrawal.

For maybank, you dont need to change the acct type. At least it works for me.
synical
post Jun 8 2020, 10:30 PM

On my way
552 posts

I managed to get out of being charged the annual debit fee at Maybank, but it was years ago. Dunno if it still applies these days. But mine was like basic savings account, not the other ones that require RM250 deposit and employment letter to open. But I think you have to go to branch to do that, and the line to go in the bank with this MCO is just bananas.

Like other people here have said, you have to keep track of your withdrawals and keep it to a minimal.

TSfireloh
post Jun 9 2020, 05:40 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Jun 8 2020, 04:05 PM)
Did you change your Maybank debit card recently ? Or may be last year ? If you are absolute certain that you were not charged any annual fee previously, then there is a possibility that someone has changed your debit card from limited withdrawal option to unlimited withdrawals, which is why it triggered an annual fee charge of RM8.

Unlike most other banks, almost all types of Maybank savings and current account have the option to be linked to a debit card that doesn’t have annual fee.

Maybank is charging debit card annual fee based on limited withdrawals or unlimited withdrawals. If you choose unlimited withdrawals, then you will be charged RM8/pa. If you choose limited withdrawals, then they won’t charge you any annual fee but only the first 4 ATM cash withdrawals in a month is free. Subsequent ATM cash withdrawals shall be charged RM0.50 per successful withdrawal but this fee is waived provided you have at least RM5,000 in your account when you make the withdrawal, or you make at least RM1,500 lump sum withdrawal in a single transaction.
Thank you for your insightful feedback!
HumbleBF
post Jun 11 2020, 02:38 PM

Casual
424 posts

QUOTE(adele123 @ Jun 8 2020, 05:28 PM)
Walk in, tell the customer service, you dont want to be charged rm8.

5th withdrawal and onwards in a month will be charged rm0.5 per withdrawal.

For maybank, you dont need to change the acct type. At least it works for me.
Alright cool, nice to hear this as i dont withdraw that much. Only thing is I hope the debit card feature is still there as I use it a lot
rinapua
post Jun 26 2020, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

can we just call in hotline to request to take out that RM8 yearly? i also never use so much...but they charge with never inform customer.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:01 AM