Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Y ppl change from Original RIM to low quality RIM

views

6UE5T
post Jan 6 2019, 01:24 PM

On my way
559 posts

For show off only that's why! Maybe many of those people also do not realize that they're being conned to buy those crap fake rims.
6UE5T
post Jan 6 2019, 10:16 PM

On my way
559 posts

QUOTE(Jedi @ Jan 6 2019, 12:27 PM)
How do u tell they use low quality rim?
Or fake replica rims?

Only advanti lenso enkei can be good ori light weight rim o?
Inforged vossen... Tak boleh?

Sometimes I also duno. Easily can be conned to pay premium for replica.

But this shop jln ipoh keanleehin smtg claimed to offer genuine ori rims
You must know exactly the details of the original that you want so that can spot the fakes when buying. One of the easiest is also to detect the weight but this is only valid when buying those lightweight rims. For example those fake RE30/TE37/CE28/RPF1/CP035/Regamaster/SSR Type-C etc2, the fakes will never be as light as the original because the fakes uses normal casting manufacturing method while the original are either using forged process or semi forged or MAT which are much more expensive to make the rims strong yet much lighter than normal cast rims. That's why when buying those rims, bring your weighing scale! That's what I did when buying mine, apart from doing research to know how the original should look and how much they weigh. However if you just want to buy normal cast rims but original then cannot detect by the weight because the fakes will also be about similar, so in this case you can only detect by the minute details of appearance which can be more difficult.

Another method is try to avoid those very popular rims like some I mentioned above. They got so many fakes because they're very popular models. Fake producers surely want to capitalize only on the popular models so can easily sell. If you go for not so popular models then it reduces the chance of getting fakes. For example all of my rims are/were not so popular ones and actually quite rare: Prodrive GC07, Volk Racing F-Winning Zero, 5Zigen N1R Becketts, Yokohama AVS model 7. All of them are old rims some more but I still like them so when buying I'm not too worried about getting fakes.

Btw for Vossen, they only make size 19' above so ALL those that you see on the road which are smaller than 19' are 100% fakes.
6UE5T
post Jan 7 2019, 11:28 PM

On my way
559 posts

QUOTE(Jedi @ Jan 6 2019, 10:52 PM)
Very good advice. May I know which shops that you trust for original. To already know the model I seek I think I need a few days to look through the original rim catalogue and do some reading for sure.
Not sure, last few years all my rims I bought second hand direct from owners except 1 which I bought from King of Rims Shah Alam. I think this place is pretty ok, price reasonable but not the cheapest. If you're looking for original value for money rims like Advanti, Lenso, Enkei Tuning, & Konig then this shop has them all. They also sell higher end brands from Japan/Italy, as well as fake ones but seems like they will inform you that those are 'replicas' and not original.
6UE5T
post Jan 9 2019, 12:30 PM

On my way
559 posts

QUOTE(pluginbaby @ Jan 8 2019, 05:14 PM)
AVS Model 7 user here wooots
Very old rims, why?
6UE5T
post Jan 12 2019, 10:28 AM

On my way
559 posts

QUOTE(Fenix98 @ Jan 12 2019, 02:09 AM)
Have TE37 baybeh 😅
No, too expensive and too many fakes, so even if I use ori, most people will think it's fake. laugh.gif I only have the Volk Racing F-Winning Zero which is also a forged type rims but much cheaper coz old model and not as popular hence no fakes rolling everywhere on the roads also.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0348sec    1.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 04:11 PM