Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Y ppl change from Original RIM to low quality RIM

System Error Message
post Jan 6 2019, 11:24 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Fenix98 @ Jan 6 2019, 10:57 PM)
Should be la, will go see got myself.... inside stamped made in japan, New set 12k Singapore price ๐Ÿ˜‹....
QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Jan 6 2019, 11:01 PM)
I change my original rims to Taiwan rims....kept bengkok.....then I fed up change to original Oz superturismo GT...after 4 year..never bengkok once.
5k Vs 2k......but puas hati
In the end the fakes end up costing you more. Still plenty of OEM/genuine parts manufacturer, some in malaysia. To make a car, the parts get made in their individual factories and are shipped to assembly plants, so if you can figure out which companies/manufacturers make the rims that they use in cars, or for OEM/genuine aftermarket parts, you can then order direct from them.

Still with our bad roads its important to avoid fakes/low quality rims. Sadly our buying power just cannot compare to other countries when it comes to cars and parts cry.gif . Low priced cars also get turned into luxury cars here in both price and status.

Doesnt have to be made in japan, can be made in malaysia, thailand and so on, as long as its the manufacturer that OEMs and brands use. BMW engines are made in china after all even their high capacity ones so country of origin doesnt matter, only whether or not its what actual car companies, modders and event people use.

To give an example, everyone knows recaro racing seats, they are effective and some cars offer them as options, but for those who corner fast with high Gs are going to need them. They dont come standard in cars but plenty of events and modders use them. I wish i knew some manufacturers to recommend, drop some that you found below.

Also next time someone uses BMW as a status car, laugh at them because their engines are made in china tongue.gif .
legendaryNOKIA
post Jan 7 2019, 07:43 AM

Group: Newbie

Asalkan gaya, tak selamat tak apa?
axsatr
post Jan 7 2019, 07:56 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I thought itโ€™s the typical Malaysian way..no?

take car for 9 years
Change from 15โ€ to 17โ€ rim that protrudes out of the fenders
Add cheap tyres
Ketuk the fender

Then add sticker...be patient Iโ€™m lowered
abonglowyat
post Jan 7 2019, 09:23 AM

QUOTE(axsatr @ Jan 7 2019, 07:56 AM)

take car for 9 years
Add cheap tyres
Ketuk the fender

+1

hahahaha
DM52
post Jan 7 2019, 10:35 AM

Original rims is freaking expensive yo. I encounter one civic turbo change into 18inch rims. Looks like fake rims

Tyre somemore use cheap tyre. Landsail 225/40R18. Seriously bro. Stick with stock rims 215/50R17 that comes with conti mc5 much more good la compare to caplang tyre and rims.

But this is malaysia ma. Yg penting gaya.
set
post Jan 7 2019, 10:52 AM

Getting Started

most of them didn't know original rims have better quality compared to those replica.

This post has been edited by set: Jan 7 2019, 10:52 AM
noir7559
post Jan 7 2019, 10:52 AM

Take My Advice, I Don't Need It

the same reason why u saw those 'ricer' type modifying their myvis/blms/personas with those super wide rims and stretched their tyres to the max

not to mention using cheap/low quality tyre at the same time

bcoz obviously, the aspect of "look" > safety for em
exeon
post Jan 7 2019, 11:05 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(noir7559 @ Jan 7 2019, 10:52 AM)
the same reason why u saw those 'ricer' type modifying their myvis/blms/personas with those super wide rims and stretched their tyres to the max

not to mention using cheap/low quality tyre at the same time

bcoz obviously, the aspect of "look" > safety for em
To be honest, their sense of beauty is so terrible for me doh.gif
legendaryNOKIA
post Jan 7 2019, 02:09 PM

Should use the additional cost to upgrade car ?
gold member
post Jan 7 2019, 09:46 PM

I don't know majority who did this way understand the dangerous of unknown content of materials might have impurities or prone to develop hairline crack which eventually might fail one day and the failure might be catastrophic. Rule of thumb, original rims provided by car manufacturers normally may have less chance of failure due to warranty issue. My 2 cents is if can't afford ori, stick to factory one.
6UE5T
post Jan 7 2019, 11:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Jedi @ Jan 6 2019, 10:52 PM)
Very good advice. May I know which shops that you trust for original. To already know the model I seek I think I need a few days to look through the original rim catalogue and do some reading for sure.
Not sure, last few years all my rims I bought second hand direct from owners except 1 which I bought from King of Rims Shah Alam. I think this place is pretty ok, price reasonable but not the cheapest. If you're looking for original value for money rims like Advanti, Lenso, Enkei Tuning, & Konig then this shop has them all. They also sell higher end brands from Japan/Italy, as well as fake ones but seems like they will inform you that those are 'replicas' and not original.
lil_flank
post Jan 7 2019, 11:51 PM

Casual

take car for 9 years
Add cheap tyres
Ketuk the fender

Well said! Some even slant their rear tires outwards. Exhaust is loud la but moving so slow, zzz..
legendaryNOKIA
post Jan 8 2019, 08:14 AM

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Jan 7 2019, 11:51 PM)
Well said! Some even slant their rear tires outwards. Exhaust is loud la but moving so slow, zzz..
Put the word racing but is snail. Lol.
lil_flank
post Jan 8 2019, 08:32 AM

Casual

QUOTE(legendaryNOKIA @ Jan 8 2019, 08:14 AM)
Put the word racing but is snail. Lol.
Probably they thought it will boost an extra 10hp for every racing sticker they stick, lol..
Ultima
post Jan 8 2019, 09:25 AM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN

Not for style, but need to chg from rim besi.
unitron
post Jan 8 2019, 11:03 AM

W1(R)3d

take car for 9 years
Add cheap tyres
Ketuk the fender

+2

Some even change from 15" to 18" doh.gif
mingyuyu
post Jan 8 2019, 01:14 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Group: Elite

quite easy to spot fake rims when you are purchasing a new set from shop.

usually ori rims have stickers in japanese (white background, blue/black fonts) showing the specs of the rims.

and for my Advan RG2, the "made in japan" sign is stamped at the back of the rims.

fake rims often have "japan design" or similar tag instead of "made in japan".

most fake rims look kinda different than the original design too if you pay enough attention.

This post has been edited by mingyuyu: Jan 8 2019, 01:16 PM
legendaryNOKIA
post Jan 8 2019, 05:05 PM

QUOTE(gold member @ Jan 7 2019, 09:46 PM)
I don't know majority who did this way understand the dangerous of unknown content of materials might have impurities or prone to develop hairline crack which eventually might fail one day and the failure might be catastrophic. Rule of thumb, original rims provided by car manufacturers normally may have less chance of failure due to warranty issue. My 2 cents is if can't afford ori, stick to factory one.
Agreed. Stick to Ori or risk your life
pluginbaby
post Jan 8 2019, 05:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jan 6 2019, 10:16 PM)
You must know exactly the details of the original that you want so that can spot the fakes when buying. One of the easiest is also to detect the weight but this is only valid when buying those lightweight rims. For example those fake RE30/TE37/CE28/RPF1/CP035/Regamaster/SSR Type-C etc2, the fakes will never be as light as the original because the fakes uses normal casting manufacturing method while the original are either using forged process or semi forged or MAT which are much more expensive to make the rims strong yet much lighter than normal cast rims. That's why when buying those rims, bring your weighing scale! That's what I did when buying mine, apart from doing research to know how the original should look and how much they weigh. However if you just want to buy normal cast rims but original then cannot detect by the weight because the fakes will also be about similar, so in this case you can only detect by the minute details of appearance which can be more difficult.

Another method is try to avoid those very popular rims like some I mentioned above. They got so many fakes because they're very popular models. Fake producers surely want to capitalize only on the popular models so can easily sell. If you go for not so popular models then it reduces the chance of getting fakes. For example all of my rims are/were not so popular ones and actually quite rare: Prodrive GC07, Volk Racing F-Winning Zero, 5Zigen N1R Becketts, Yokohama AVS model 7. All of them are old rims some more but I still like them so when buying I'm not too worried about getting fakes.

Btw for Vossen, they only make size 19' above so ALL those that you see on the road which are smaller than 19' are 100% fakes.
AVS Model 7 user here wooots

[A]aronLJW
post Jan 9 2019, 12:59 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(legendaryNOKIA @ Jan 6 2019, 12:12 PM)
Just wondering why drivers changed the car RIM from original RIM to after market RIM that is softer and lower quality. Because as I know that those RIM are soft and easily bent or even crack. But why

* I've no comment on those change from ORI RIM to higher quality RIM Because an upgrade is better.
Heard this hashtag before? #janjigaya ๐Ÿ™ˆ. A lot of buyer just want the stylish and cheap, most of them doesn't care about quality.

Always support original especially rims because it's the only thing that holds your tyre which contact to the road. #supportoriginal #nofakeshit.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0889sec    3.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 03:59 AM