Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Just brought a new switch , got question

views

TSdayamin
post Jan 5 2019, 11:36 AM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
266 posts

Wanted to ask , what does a SD card for ?

brought a package from heavyarm with sd card deal , wondering what does the sd card do ? blink.gif blink.gif
wailam
post Jan 5 2019, 11:41 AM

Apa benda ini?
950 posts

download game from nintendo store store on sd card
jojo_g2
post Jan 5 2019, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

I had the same question too, yes you can store. But essentially stored in SD card means archived? and archived can't be played anymore unless you re-download? if that's true, what for? is there a way to simply just copied it back from the SDCARD into the main memory?
underscore_lee
post Jan 5 2019, 12:40 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(jojo_g2 @ Jan 5 2019, 12:05 PM)
I had the same question too, yes you can store. But essentially stored in SD card means archived? and archived can't be played anymore unless you re-download? if that's true, what for? is there a way to simply just copied it back from the SDCARD into the main memory?
Yo bro, you can store digital games in either the main memory or SD Card. You can play the game directly from either storage - no archiving.

So if you're planning to buy a lot digital games, then you will probably need a big SD Card storage. But I think 128gb is more than enough (this is what I'm using now).

For now, switch still doesn't allow media playback, hopefully some day in future they will so I can watch videos on the go.
jojo_g2
post Jan 5 2019, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

QUOTE(underscore_lee @ Jan 5 2019, 12:40 PM)
Yo bro, you can store digital games in either the main memory or SD Card. You can play the game directly from either storage - no archiving.

So if you're planning to buy a lot digital games, then you will probably need a big SD Card storage. But I think 128gb is more than enough (this is what I'm using now).

For now, switch still doesn't allow media playback, hopefully some day in future they will so I can watch videos on the go.
but how? digital games seems to end up on the main memory.
yangkuo
post Jan 5 2019, 04:44 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

that means you don’t have a MicroSD inserted at all so far.

Once you do all subsequent download will go to the SD card. If there is existing content for a game in system memory it go there ultimately still. If you delete what is in system memory n redownload with a SD card available it will then go to the card.

There is no option (and probably won’t have) to move things between storage explicitly. Only exception is the built-in option to transfer media from album between system and card.

P/S the Archive option is to save space by deleting the game content but retaining home icon. save data is always left alone. You have to delete save data separately

QUOTE(jojo_g2 @ Jan 5 2019, 03:22 PM)
but how? digital games seems to end up on the main memory.
This post has been edited by yangkuo: Jan 5 2019, 04:47 PM
sheahann
post Jan 5 2019, 04:48 PM

Crashing like a tidal wave..
2,235 posts

I'm waiting new Mario. It's gonna be released within this month rite
TSdayamin
post Jan 7 2019, 10:36 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

Okay thanks guys , switch is amazing

but i wanted to ask , do you guys take out the sd card when the switch is charging ?
yangkuo
post Jan 7 2019, 10:41 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

not that you can’t but WHY would you think there is a need to do so each time you charge the console?!

QUOTE(dayamin @ Jan 7 2019, 10:36 PM)
Okay thanks guys , switch is amazing

but i wanted to ask , do you guys take out the sd card when the switch is charging ?
TSdayamin
post Jan 7 2019, 11:33 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(yangkuo @ Jan 7 2019, 10:41 PM)
not that you can’t but WHY would you think there is a need to do so each time you charge the console?!
wondering it would damaged the card hmm.gif hmm.gif
sorry i am dumb rclxub.gif rclxub.gif doh.gif

This post has been edited by dayamin: Jan 7 2019, 11:33 PM
yangkuo
post Jan 8 2019, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

I was just genuinely curious why you had that thought smile.gif

I can understand from new owner perspective being a little cautious and paranoid of loss but in this case you’ll more likely “protect” the product by using known charger, dock and SD card.

I’ve been using mine for over 500hrs gameplay and only on the dock (which should be even higher heat constantly)

QUOTE(dayamin @ Jan 7 2019, 11:33 PM)
wondering it would damaged the card  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
sorry i am dumb  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  doh.gif
Jon_123
post Jan 8 2019, 03:54 PM

42 posts

hi guys, im new to Nintendo switch, I wanted to purchase the online subscription, I have change my region to usa but when I click purchase the subscription, it ask for poscode something like for tax calculation. what should I put? or there is other way ?
LegendLee
post Jan 8 2019, 04:28 PM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon
Elite
2,681 posts

QUOTE(Jon_123 @ Jan 8 2019, 03:54 PM)
hi guys, im new to Nintendo switch, I wanted to purchase the online subscription, I have change my region to usa but when I click purchase the subscription, it ask for poscode something like for tax calculation. what should I put? or there is other way ?
Put the states with the lowest tax.
Like Oregon.
keewah
post Jan 17 2019, 01:30 PM

Casual
407 posts

Put Alaska , no tax :|

edit - correct me if i am wrong. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by keewah: Jan 17 2019, 01:31 PM
Savor_Savvy
post Jan 17 2019, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

QUOTE(dayamin @ Jan 7 2019, 11:33 PM)
wondering it would damaged the card  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
sorry i am dumb  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  doh.gif
It is like how you have microsd card in your phone. You don't take it out unless you are not using it or you want to change to a new card.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:35 AM