Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Amazon FBA Malaysia, Experiences, Niche Hunting & Guide (Business)

penanghomes
post Jan 12 2019, 10:35 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(moonhowler @ Jan 12 2019, 09:37 PM)
when u mentioned hiring from fiverr to take picture, is delivering the sample to Malaysia? Or the picture is also done in China?
most of the products are available online, you dont need the actual samples.

You can even get it from the supplier,the China agent will email you the supplier photos.

But i rather find the product photos online, copy it and get someone from fiverr to enhance and optimise the photos so that it looks WOW !

Photos are very very important to catch the customer and close the deal.

Bad photos - No sales

Good photos - Good sales.

Some sellers willing to spends hundreds of dollars on photo shoot and etc. It gives your product the killer edge over others.

josephcvh
post Jan 13 2019, 01:48 AM

Group: Junior Member

Would you mind to share the group/PM me or the group is just by invitation only?

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Jan 12 2019, 12:38 PM)
we have a amazon seller group, mostly members based in Penang. And the selller group admin has a agent in China.
penanghomes
post Jan 13 2019, 03:01 AM

On my way

QUOTE(josephcvh @ Jan 13 2019, 02:48 AM)
Would you mind to share the group/PM me or the group is just by invitation only?
First,i am not the admin of this group. Its basically a seller group.

If you are in Penang, you can have a free consultation with the admin.

If you decide to take up,there is a fee rm3k.

My advice before you decide to even sell on Amazon Fba, its to get as much knowledge about it before jumping in.

The best place is to watch videos on Youtube,there are tons of it there. Thats where i started.

Just search Amazon fba for beginners. I watched everyday for 4-5 months and i am still watching videos today. It never ends.

But dont take too long, list down the products you want to sell. Source it in China, calculate the costs and compare selling price in amazon usa. Remember you have to sell atleast 5X the costs, if you want to see decent profit.

Dont go for products which are too saturated or products which have big brands.

Good nite
josephcvh
post Jan 13 2019, 11:57 AM

Noted and thanks for the info. thumbup.gif

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Jan 13 2019, 03:01 AM)

My advice before you decide to even sell on Amazon Fba, its to get as much knowledge about it before jumping in.

The best place is to watch videos on Youtube,there are tons of it there. Thats where i started.

Just search Amazon fba for beginners. I watched everyday for 4-5 months and i am still watching videos today. It never ends.

But dont take too long, list down the products you want to sell. Source it in China, calculate the costs and compare selling price in amazon usa.  Remember you have to sell atleast 5X the costs, if you want to see decent profit.

Good nite
moonhowler
post Jan 13 2019, 03:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Jan 12 2019, 06:33 PM)
My Amazon USA sales report when i first shipment arrived at US in late October 2018.

[attachmentid=10158723]
My goal is to do atleast us10k/month in sales. I am still learning. And i am very very NEW when it comes to E-Commerce
how u plan to achieve usd10k a month, ie, do u inject new capital to achieve your target or you foresee in achieving that from your initial capital.

also, im curious how amazon pays. i understand they pay every 2 weeks, and the charges to Malaysian Bank account is very high, about 3%. u have a US Bank account?
penanghomes
post Jan 13 2019, 08:22 PM

On my way

QUOTE(moonhowler @ Jan 13 2019, 04:23 PM)
how u plan to achieve usd10k a month, ie, do u inject new capital to achieve your target or you foresee in achieving that from your initial capital.

also, im curious how amazon pays. i understand they pay every 2 weeks, and the charges to Malaysian Bank account is very high, about 3%. u have a US Bank account?
To achieve your goals or dreams, is to learn from your mistake. Thats what i believe in.

Its very important that you should find your product niche and try to expand and be different from other sellers.
Its and art and the way to know is by TRYING. If you dont try, you never know and never learn.

In my case, when i started my first shipment of products, it was to see which and how my products will sell and the response by customers.

I think i may have found my product niche and currently have expanded it to my 2nd shipment.
And things are taking off up well so far.

Amazon pays every 2 weeks, they will never bank in direct to your Malaysian bank account.

I use Payoneer, they charge only 1% fee to receive from Amazon.
Then from Payoneer, i linked my local bank account to withdraw. No charges for this. Only have to wait 4 working days for the funds to be credited in.
afahmi
post Jan 15 2019, 06:08 PM

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Jan 13 2019, 03:01 AM)

But dont take too long, list down the products you want to sell. Source it in China, calculate the costs and compare selling price in amazon usa.  Remember you have to sell atleast 5X the costs, if you want to see decent profit.

Good nite
Sound interesting..the admin is local malaysian? What cover in the 3k fee if u dont mind to share.. support? Guidance? Tools?etc
penanghomes
post Jan 15 2019, 06:47 PM

On my way

QUOTE(afahmi @ Jan 15 2019, 07:08 PM)
Sound interesting..the admin is local malaysian? What cover in the 3k fee if u dont mind to share.. support? Guidance? Tools?etc
Yes support, guidance and tool like merchantwords

Admin is local Penangite

lokesc
post Jan 15 2019, 11:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Jan 12 2019, 10:35 PM)
most of the products are available online, you dont need the actual samples.

You can even get it from the supplier,the China agent will email you the supplier photos.

But i rather find the product photos online, copy it and get someone from fiverr to enhance and optimise the photos so that it looks WOW !
Photos are very very important to catch the customer and close the deal.

Bad photos - No sales

Good photos - Good sales.

Some sellers willing to spends hundreds of dollars on photo shoot and etc. It gives your product the killer edge over others.
Impressive to see your contributions here. I'm still sourcing my product niche now. Just curious is it necessary to have PPC campaign or Facebook Ads. I heard some were even using many chat. I foresee it could be a challenge.

What about gaining the buy box button? Will beginners be struggling? I'm a designer and I kinda researching a lot of products and finally found my niche. Will try to get my product up and running soonest possible.

For newbies here, the following are some of the good AMAZON FBA YOUTUBE channels to follow:

Just search this guys' channels out:

Seth Kniep
Wholesale Ted
KT Nine
Crescent Kao
Samer Brax
Tamara Tee

afahmi
post Jan 18 2019, 06:15 AM

QUOTE(lokesc @ Jan 15 2019, 11:33 PM)
Impressive to see your contributions here. I'm still sourcing my product niche now. Just curious is it necessary to have PPC campaign or Facebook Ads. I heard some were even using many chat. I foresee it could be a challenge.

What about gaining the buy box button? Will beginners be struggling? I'm a designer and I kinda researching a lot of products and finally found my niche. Will try to get my product up and running soonest possible.

For newbies here, the following are some of the good AMAZON FBA YOUTUBE channels to follow:

Just search this guys' channels out:

Seth Kniep
Wholesale Ted
KT Nine
Crescent Kao
Samer Brax
Tamara Tee
Thanks for the list i also watch wholesaleted.also have attended the live seminar about buybox organize by sara. What i understand, the buy box is for branded item. Example if there are 5 sellers selling exactly the same adidas watch, the buy box will include the name of the seller in buy box equally rotation basis. So basically if total of user search/click of that adidas watch(eg. 1000 user view the adidas watch in a month), 20% of the buy box will show your name. That means the "potential" buyer that will buy from you 20% x 1000 = 200buyer..
lokesc
post Jan 18 2019, 09:29 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(afahmi @ Jan 18 2019, 06:15 AM)
Thanks for the list i also watch wholesaleted.also have attended the live seminar about buybox organize by sara. What i understand, the buy box is for branded item. Example if there are 5  sellers selling exactly the same adidas watch, the buy box will include the name of the seller in buy box equally rotation basis. So basically if total of user search/click of that adidas watch(eg. 1000 user view the adidas watch in a month), 20% of the buy box will show your name. That means the "potential" buyer that will buy from you 20% x 1000 = 200buyer..
Thanks! But can we assume that a private label will have exclusivity for the buy box to be shown?
penanghomes
post Jan 18 2019, 05:46 PM

On my way

If you have your own Brand, you owned the buybox, not shared.

Example : Penanghomes Garlice Press, my brand is Penanghomes.

if someone else wants to sell my product under my brandname, they better get aproval and permission to sell, which is from me.

This is call highjacking. Most private sellers hate these type of sellers.

GT500
post Yesterday, 03:17 AM

You can always start with FBM to learn the ropes. Invest small amount of money, then try FBA.
Sell whatever you see around you, in your house, under your bed, garage. Try books.
Send them in. Remember FBA is not necessarily PL.

Always pay good attention on categories, some are "gated", most big brands are "gated", some ASINs are "gated" , there's a whole new chapter for "un-gate" discussions.

Don't pay for a course, yet. Use the money to play with different niche of products. Well worth than paying the gurus.

You can find literally everything about Amazon on Youtube.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0652sec    6.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd January 2019 - 12:24 AM