26 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Business Amazon FBA Malaysia, Experiences, Niche Hunting & Guide

views

penthouse19 P
post Jun 20 2019, 04:01 PM

Probation
1 posts

Just recently tried to register as amazon seller, the individual account. Unfortunately got rejected within 5 minutes of finishing the registration. I followed the instructions to the dot.

Can anyone share their registration experience? I am trying to figure out what went wrong. Cheers.
penanghomes
post Jun 20 2019, 06:15 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

When registering new Amazon seller account, please note the address that you register on amazon.com must be same as your IC,PASSPORT or other utility bills.

The reason why many accounts got rejected or suspended is because address not same.

Amazon wants to know who you are. They cant fly down to check your home address same with in amazon.com.

So, they set this ruling that the address you register must be same as ic,passport,bank statement or other bills.

If its same, then they will aprove your seller account within few days.
reenieshu
post Jun 20 2019, 06:54 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(reenieshu @ Jun 3 2019, 12:14 PM)
Anyone facing problem shipping goods from Malaysia to FBA US?
My shipment just got onhold by US Customs stating that Malaysian are not allow to be Importer.
They require a US Citizen mobile number.

Note: im using FedEx
HELP! ANYONE?

which courier u are using can help to solve this issue?
Need US citizen to proceed
penanghomes
post Jun 20 2019, 07:16 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

QUOTE(reenieshu @ Jun 20 2019, 07:54 PM)
HELP! ANYONE?

which courier u are using can help to solve this issue?
Need US citizen to proceed
did you prepare invoice for your products?

if yes, did you put malaysian or us address ?

what products ?
reenieshu
post Jun 20 2019, 08:26 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Jun 20 2019, 07:16 PM)
did you prepare invoice for your products?

if yes, did you put malaysian or us address ?

what products ?
No invoice given for FBA warehouse.
Ship to US FBA Amazon, ship from Malaysia address.
Sunglasses.
penanghomes
post Jun 20 2019, 08:45 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

QUOTE(reenieshu @ Jun 20 2019, 09:26 PM)
No invoice given for FBA warehouse.
Ship to US FBA Amazon,  ship from Malaysia address.
Sunglasses.
any invoice for us customs?

this your first shipment ?

the sunglasses branded or your own private label ?
reenieshu
post Jun 20 2019, 08:51 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Jun 20 2019, 08:45 PM)
any invoice for us customs?

this your first shipment ?

the sunglasses branded or your own private label ?
No invoice. Only print the package printout.
Own private label.

Am I supposed to attach an invoice?

Custom kacau saying must require US citizen to represent be an importer only allow to go in. (5106 form)

I shipped before last year no issue but this year 1st time.
Heard that regulations changed?
penanghomes
post Jun 20 2019, 08:57 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

QUOTE(reenieshu @ Jun 20 2019, 09:51 PM)
No invoice. Only print the package printout.
Own private label.

Am I supposed to attach an invoice?

Custom kacau saying must require US citizen to represent be an importer only allow to go in. (5106 form)

I shipped before last year no issue but this year 1st time.
Heard that regulations changed?
I am not sure about new regulations but next time prepare an invoice with US address, just google map and find an address, not necessary youre based there.

BTw, how much did you paid for the air freight ? how many kg ?
reenieshu
post Jun 20 2019, 11:02 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Jun 20 2019, 08:57 PM)
I am not sure about new regulations but next time prepare an invoice with US address, just google map and find an address, not necessary youre based there.
BTw, how much did you paid for the air freight ?  how many kg ?
PM-ed you.
123rainfan
post Jun 28 2019, 07:33 AM

2 posts

Hi,

I've also attended a free seminar by Andy Lee recently on Amazon FBA. Was not convinced by his expensive course which cost USD1700, but took back some new discovery on what Amazon FBA is and its potential.

As I'm relatively new on amazon fba and have zero experience on ecommerce or a business, I plan to test market first to see if this works. Can I know if to register an Amazon individual seller account, do I need to register a business/company in Malaysia first, or I can just proceed with using my home address as a start?

Planning to source from alibaba ( must I have a private labeling?) and send to the Amazon FBA centre directly. What's the capital normally to start by this approach?
2extreme
post Jun 28 2019, 11:25 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(123rainfan @ Jun 28 2019, 07:33 AM)
Hi,

I've also attended a free seminar by Andy Lee recently on Amazon FBA. Was not convinced by his expensive course which cost USD1700, but took back some new discovery on what Amazon FBA is and its potential.

As I'm relatively new on amazon fba and have zero experience on ecommerce or a business, I plan to test market first to see if this works. Can I know if to register an Amazon individual seller account, do I need to register a business/company in Malaysia first, or I can just proceed with using my home address as a start?

Planning to source from alibaba ( must I have a private labeling?) and send to the Amazon FBA centre directly. What's the capital normally to start by this approach?
Hi 123rainfan,

I run a company doing ecommerce and have been selling on Amazon for the past 5 years so i think i would be qualified to answer some of your questions.

1. For individual account you dont need a business/company in Malaysia you can just use your home address. When you do well later on only register a business then change the details on Amazon. To summarize only change to professional account if you sell 40 units or more per month. This is because in individual account you will be charged extra $1 per order and if you have more than 40 orders you are paying more than the $40 subscription fee for the professional account which does not charge the $1 extra.

2. Regarding sourcing from Alibaba, the answer is it depends. You can just sell the product with the manufacturers brand directly or private label it which means to stick your own logo/label onto the product. The capital depends on the product and the quantity you are buying. Total cost can go from as low as RM500 for 100 units if you are buying cheap stuff such as stickers, straws etc etc. This sourcing from Alibaba is a whole huge topic by itself and I will not be able to explain everything here but hopefully ive managed to answer your question.
123rainfan
post Jun 28 2019, 06:54 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(2extreme @ Jun 28 2019, 11:25 AM)
Hi 123rainfan,

I run a company doing ecommerce and have been selling on Amazon for the past 5 years so i think i would be qualified to answer some of your questions.

1. For individual account you dont need a business/company in Malaysia you can just use your home address. When you do well later on only register a business then change the details on Amazon. To summarize only change to professional account if you sell 40 units or more per month. This is because in individual account you will be charged extra $1 per order and if you have more than 40 orders you are paying more than the $40 subscription fee for the professional account which does not charge the $1 extra.

2. Regarding sourcing from Alibaba, the answer is it depends. You can just sell the product with the manufacturers brand directly or private label it which means to stick your own logo/label onto the product. The capital depends on the product and the quantity you are buying. Total cost can go from as low as RM500 for 100 units if you are buying cheap stuff such as stickers, straws etc etc. This sourcing from Alibaba is a whole huge topic by itself and I will not be able to explain everything here but hopefully ive managed to answer your question.
Thank you 2extreme for the kind detailed explanation! It sure did clear my doubts
ssajnani
post Jul 4 2019, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

Hello Sifus,

For those selling on Amazon, could you please help me with few questions.

1. Where do I get information on what is required to register for a Malaysian seller? Should I just sign up as a seller and all the information and documents information will be in there? Or is there something else I need to do before signing up?

2. Amazon requires UPC barcode on most products? Do you know if EAN also allowed? Barcode registration quite expensive.

3. When exporting to their warehouse, do you guys pay duty at customs or does it depend? And does your shipper handle the payment?

Thank you.

Regards,

penanghomes
post Jul 4 2019, 06:58 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

QUOTE(ssajnani @ Jul 4 2019, 01:42 PM)
Hello Sifus,

For those selling on Amazon, could you please help me with few questions.

1. Where do I get information on what is required to register for a Malaysian seller? Should I just sign up as a seller and all the information and documents information will be in there? Or is there something else I need to do before signing up?

2. Amazon requires UPC barcode on most products? Do you know if EAN also allowed? Barcode registration quite expensive.

3. When exporting to their warehouse, do you guys pay duty at customs or does it depend? And does your shipper handle the payment?

Thank you.

Regards,
1. Almost anyone can sell on Amazon. Sign up as and individual seller first, dont go professional yet.
Professional account is us39.99/month whistling.gif
Study n research products that you want to sell, list items first ( before ordering actual products from your supplier)
This will take up most of your time deciding on what to sell. Its very competitive now as China sellers are flocking to Amazon.

2. UPC codes should be fine.

3. An experienced shipper will tell you if ur required to pay taxes or not. If your invoice is below us$800, its tax free but then i could be wrong.

Good Luck !

f4cacat
post Jul 7 2019, 06:04 PM

1 posts

Good to see other malaysia seller here

This post has been edited by f4cacat: Jul 7 2019, 06:10 PM
2extreme
post Jul 8 2019, 12:13 PM

22 posts

If anybody needs a Prep Fulfillment Center in the US to help with prepping, fulfillment, inspection/checking, or any other services do pm me for further info. I do Amazon FBA coaching and some prep centers have tied up with me to offer discounts up to 50% for my students and others that i refer to them.
Different prep centres prices their services differently depending on the nature of the products, shipping location and volume so I wont be able to list all of the prep centers here.
hazuddin
post Jul 9 2019, 03:49 AM

7 posts

Hi just set up account with all required docs. Took forever .. anyway I Received congratulatory email as new amazon seller account and all but when I log on to the seller central account , it says account being reviewed and is deactivated . Is this normal ? Do I have to wait or do I need to do something else to start listing as currently it says I cannot sell
anything during a review process .
2extreme
post Jul 12 2019, 10:10 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(bluebroom @ Jul 11 2019, 05:37 PM)
Good day everyone, i am facing below problem and hope to get some advices from those who had passed through it.

My professional account was deactivated next day after registration. I received below:

"Please provide the following documents and confirm there is a valid credit card on file:

--Utility bill with name and address visible
--Business license, if applicable
--If you have active listings, include copies of invoices...
"

So i started the "appeal" and sent them:
-- my latest TNB bill as the utility bill.
-- 2 pdf files (cert and business info) from SSM for my sole proprietorship registration. My businses address is registered same as my personal home address.
-- i do not have any active listing yet so no invoice.

A day after, amazon replied:

"We were unable to verify the document you provided because it was illegible." and asked me to send the updated documents same as first email. 

I am not sure how to proceed. A few points and questions below:
1. I set the legal business name in amazon to my business name stated in SSM cert, such as "ABC Enterprise". Should i set it to my personal name since it is just sole proprietor instead of a real business entity?

2. The TNB bill and SSM certs are all in Malay languages. Do i need to get then notarized translation to English first?

3. The TNB bill shows my personal name. Does it need to match the legal business name i specified in amazon?

4. The TNB bill address has slightly different convention from the address i specified in amazon. Do they need to be EXACTLY same up to every character?

5. My Payoneer USD account has beneficiary name = "ABC Enterprise" so as the deposit method account holder name in the amazon. If i would change my legal business name to my personal name, should i also change my payoneer beneficiary name and account holder name to my personal name too?

My current info:
1. business legal name = "ABC Enterprise"
2. payoneer beneficiary name = "ABC Enterprise" (in fact payoneer told me they can't change the beneficiary name. Alternative is to open a new individual acc)
2. deposit account holder name = "ABC Enterprise"
3. utility bill name = personal name

Should i just change all above to my personal name to be consistent?
You will need to standardize all names to be the same either all company name or personal name. Also on the document highlight the relevant info such as your name and address. Unfortunately Amazon trains their staff to follow everything by the book and you cant give them a call to explain anything. Either it follow the requirement or it doesnt. Hope that helps! good luck getting approved!
2extreme
post Jul 12 2019, 01:39 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(bluebroom @ Jul 12 2019, 10:35 AM)
Thanks 2extreme for your advice. Do you know whether the documents (business certs, utility bill) need to be translated before sending to amazon?

I also found the below from amazon:
Proof of address
• Name and address must be visible.
• Could be (your options will display in a drop-down on the page) a water, electricity, gas, internet, telecom bill issued by the utility company, or a mobile phone bill.
If a utility bill for the given address is not under your name, provide a utility bill associated to the address used to register, and any other supporting documents that prove you are operating from that address, even if the bill is not under your name.
• Must be issued within the last 180 days.
For my case, the utility bill is under my personal name and if i use my business name as the legal name then can i use my business cert as the supporting document as it contains the address, my business name and my personal name which can link up everything together.
As long the documents are in alphabets and your name and address is clear there shouldnt be a problem. I have never translated any documents before.
In theory the documents you have is sufficient however it all comes down to whoever is reviewing your case at Amazon. If it fails try submitting again at a different time so that you will get a different Amazon staff to look at it. Dont give up!

Note: do make sure the information you registered at Amazon is exactly the same as those in your documents.
penanghomes
post Jul 12 2019, 07:40 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

Products NOT to sell on Amazon (beware, stay away)

1. Clothes
2. Shoes
3. Food
4. Creams,make up brushes
5. Party Supplies

Dont ask me why

26 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0190sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:53 PM