Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Grab Driver Discussion V5 (2019 & 2020), Info and FAQ

views

SUSmoosekaka
post Jan 19 2019, 12:22 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(S3phiroth @ Jan 18 2019, 07:48 PM)
There r many mod app hackers out there. The most advanced mod can:-

1. Steal ping. (Now u know why rider cancel instantly before/after u accept job, or job missing after u accept)

2. Steal driver rating. (Now u know why your dr drop for no reason)

3. Steal tb. (Now u know why your tb is ridiculously low or even none sometime)

4. Steal airport queue. (Now u know why u need to requeue for no reason)

5. Disguise as a taxi to get ping priority. (Now u know why u get so little ping despite there is only a few taxi around)

6. Havent figure it out yet...
I sense... sarcasm... but way too many here took it seriously...i think am apology is in order...😁😂
SUSmoosekaka
post Jan 21 2019, 01:12 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(jackal_x2005 @ Jan 21 2019, 10:10 AM)
last night, picked up 3 pax from Saujana Apartment in Damansara Damai to an apartment in Kota Damansara, with fare RM13.

Once almost reach, they suddenly ask me to stop at nearby mamak with reason to tapau food.

Told them they supposed to use multistop, as it is not fair to the driver. As a courtesy, i stop at the mamak shop, and man, that is the worst decision ever!

It took of the pax 10 freaking minutes to get back in the car and just said sorry!

I scold the pax for taking too long, and later drop them off without even saying thank you to them. The pax not even paying extra WTH!! Reported to Grab with negative feedback.

Moving forward, if any pax ask me to stop somewhere, I will just say no with stern face. Don't care about rating anymore <end of rant>
here is a tip. even after you've started the trip by pressing pickup, you can call CS to cxl the trip for situations like this.
SUSmoosekaka
post Jan 22 2019, 03:03 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(zinglicious @ Jan 21 2019, 06:21 PM)
Post in theirs. Unless you are thier friend in your own facebook, how to read it?

iSayman, I choose to cook stories in facebook public forums like voice of the rakyat to malaysia reborn which have sizeable members. I can assure you some YB of Yang Berkhidmat read it from time to time.  It is thier loss if they dun look at it. Only Jib Bye fellas only read what they wanna to hear from thier lackey fellas sources. What happened next they become Kentucky fried chicken in hot sauce for not looking for right sauces of Rakyat plights and listening to the grouses.  brows.gif
is English your first language?
SUSmoosekaka
post Jan 23 2019, 10:11 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jan 23 2019, 09:41 PM)
this is junction where come down from midvalley and heading towards bangsar, u see left hand side got one indian temple and cone in the middle. That is the accident spot, i guess after this DBKL going to do a concrete ramp there.
few weeks ago they installed plastic bollard poll to prevent vehicles coming down the ramp to make left turn into Nadi bangsar. problem is.. they didn't make the plastic bollards go far enough... it stop just before the turning into jln tandok.

ironically this means those who making illegal eft turn now is even more dangerous... since you almost have to to a slight u turn against traffic to get to jln tandok. previously you could still filter in, albeit very sharp filter.

I'm not sure why they didn't extend the bollards another 50m or so... it could have deterred this stupid cab from trying to cut in.
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 11 2019, 01:07 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(Grabtology @ Feb 9 2019, 04:46 PM)

As for the calculation of toll, Grab counts it toward your collected gross, and you need to pay TnG for top up. So accounting wise, it has to be shown even though they cancel each other out.
Just want to correct and clarify this. grab does NOT count it to your collected gross fare. check your statement and under your weekly history. toll only shows up as a detail in your job card. but the daily/weekly gross total you see in your app DOES NOT include toll.

SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 11 2019, 01:13 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(Grabtology @ Feb 10 2019, 10:47 PM)
sometimes i drive 4 days, sometimes 5 days, about 6 to 7 hours max each day
If money is the only outcome you want from doing anything, then clearly there are so many better ways to earn money other than driving Grab right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikigai

user posted image
The reason why your posts are generating some heated and negative feedback is because, yes, we get it, you are in a privileged position. but the way you present your views comes across to me like:

you are flaunting your privileged position in other peoples faces here.

maybe this not your intention, but always remember the meme...check your privilege.
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 11 2019, 01:22 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(zinglicious @ Feb 11 2019, 12:48 AM)

It is an acceptable fact that doing e hailing, after all the cost factoring from amortization to maintenance, insurance , wear and tear and risk of accidents with higher mileage, drivers earning is at minimum wage either in US there in New Jersey or US here in Ulu Selangor according to study conducted. https://www.recode.net/2018/10/2/17924628/u...hourly-expenses hmm.gif
You have to take into account the opportunity cost of the capital used to buy the car. If you didn't buy the car solely just to do grab, then amortization is a tricky thing. Its like the same thing as people who want to count their daily food expense while doing grab into their P&L. some see it as, well, if I didn't do grab I just eat at home/cook at home. but you still need to factor in the cost of that home cooked meal even if you didn't drive grab. so for the car amortization, if you didn't do grab, your mileage and wear and tear would be lower, but not zero.

the easiest to calculate their P&L are those who rent their cars. from those who rent, I know a few who make more then the minimum wage even after factoring in their petrol, rent and commsion.
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 11 2019, 11:33 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(zinglicious @ Feb 11 2019, 02:14 AM)
I have yet to see any taxi business is being passed from 1 generation to another unless it is a corporation with multi cars. My elder brother is one of the pioneer with his own taxi licence decades back and my brother is another who used to drive up and down Genting Highlands. Yet both of them exited from the taxi business years ago before e hailing comes ashore. My brother from 4 wheeler taxi turned 3 wheeler hawking foodies. So, I wondering how those you know can make monies with 20% grabbing commission driving rented cars while these two up close relations kenot cari makan with thier own cars and lesen plying streets grabbing passengers with meter ticking and rates at Rm1.95 per km?  confused.gif

From my Uber history of 1 year, my  Honda HRV was served with billings over 35K wear and tear as outlined in my stories in this thread moons ago, Luckily it is FOC under warranty due to the helpful manager.  thumbup.gif

Right now driving Exora NGV which was bought from a taxi fella at half price who kenot cari makan after trying it out for 2 years.  bye.gif
Join the telegram group. Then you’ll see.
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 11 2019, 05:17 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(zinglicious @ Feb 11 2019, 02:03 PM)
My sauces of information comes from the real up close and personal interaction where I lepak in the KLIA chatterfield. I  his home.  He works 5 days a week in both of his jobs.  cool2.gif

A few of them lost thier jobs in the O & G industry and got to drive to raise fund for thier family. However there is one who is driving brand new BMW picking hotties in the name of raising charity fund. If he goes clubbing, his wife would be looking high and low for him. But since he said he is doing a good cause picking riders, his wife was being CONvinced.  devil.gif
no offense... but if your sources are those who bangau at klia.. these are precisely the kind of drivers who are likely to be on the low performing end of the curve, earning wise once you factor in the time they spend twiddling their thumbs waiting for a job there. unless they cheat.

btw... not everyone is built the same way. some have higher tolerance for waiting at traffic jams etc. some find the stress of grab is much much less then working at the office or worrying about staying afloat running a business. btw you can get a stroke frm the stress of been in an office or doing business too.

as for driving for long hours... again... express bus drivers and long distance truckers drive even longer shifts.

no one is saying grab is nirvana. but it's not the worst job out there either. you need to look at both sides of the coin.

This post has been edited by moosekaka: Feb 11 2019, 05:18 PM
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 11 2019, 05:31 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Feb 11 2019, 05:29 PM)
just finish compiled my 2018 earnings

Earnings 17k
petrol 5k
maintenance 2.8k
phone charges 1.2k
Toll 2.4k
Others 300

about nett 5k, after the changes to TB i'm getting less motivated to drive. All this expenses included my personal usage too.
why are you counting toll as expense? you pay rm100 a month for your phone??
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 11 2019, 05:38 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Feb 11 2019, 05:35 PM)
anything related to it just dump it, just for filing for tax purpose.

The billing is postpaid of a bundle package, tied up for 2 years, RM98 + service tax/GST per month.
what....oooh...lhdn allow ah?
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 17 2019, 10:28 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jan 23 2019, 10:15 PM)
very sharp and potentially dangerous coming from jalan bangsar
It is useless, they have to extend another 20-30m like u said. Actually turning into KL Eco city still can get into the Nadi Bangsar/NSTP/APW side.
whoa....update....you saw the construction at that road? they finally put concrete bricks divider and extend it WAY past the turning....I think up till the petronas station,.... LOL
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 19 2019, 02:03 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Feb 19 2019, 11:38 AM)
Singapore taxi and e-hailing driver has complaining about Malaysia car enter into Changi airport to pick up passenger and their business drop a lot. For sure the enforcer can easily monitor once u enter, the car plate itself so easy to differentiate.
very stupid and risky. you must have psv license and a sticker on your windshield there to even drive grab. fines in the hundreds of sgd, and they will make you pay it before you can leave sg.

This post has been edited by moosekaka: Feb 19 2019, 02:04 PM
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 26 2019, 01:59 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(CWW88 @ Feb 25 2019, 09:23 PM)
Am a frequent user of Grab. Always will only book when am down at the lobby & will also remark to pick up at the guard house eventhough its easier to just wait at the lobby. This afternoon booked a ride to a nearby pharmacy to pick my meds. Like normal booked a car when am at the guardhouse. Weather was hot like fuck. Got a car. ETA 2 min. Nice. So i texted the driver & told him am already at the guard house and he replied OK. Had a chat with a guard while waiting. 10 min's passed and the driver didnt show up. Called no answer. Texted him, hi bang. You kt mana? He replied, tolong cancel. Wtf? Why didnt you just tell me when i texted you earlier? Its already scorching hot & am pissed. Took out my other phone and booked another car. Got it in 3 min. Left the previous booking. Abt 10min later when i arrived at the pharmacy i realised he hasnt cancel. So i cancelled it & classified it as driver asked to cancel.

Ita drivers like this whom gives other drivers a bad image. If dont want to pick up just ignore it. Dont be a bitch.

Thumbs up to the other drivers who respect their job. To those who dont tolong jangan jadi sampah.
you should have just left the booking on. let it on 24 hours
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 26 2019, 02:00 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(george steve @ Feb 25 2019, 10:40 PM)
Could this be the case.
Does anyone here had an experience like this.

This happenned at Penang Island this afternoon.

A Japanese Rider wanted to go to Penang Airport from Georgetown. I was on auto accept and acknowledged the ping as I was less than 0.8 km away from the pickup.The payment mode was cash payment. When I reached there about 2 minutes later the rider was missing.
When I asked someone standing there, she said a japanese got into another car a few seconds earlier. I called the rider a few times and nobody replied, I needed to wait for 5 min to tag the passenger no show.
I could not accept the another passenger there until the 5 min timeout.Although Grab reimbursed for the no-show.
I will go to the Grab office tomorrow on this issue.
Is stealing pings rampant??
so how was the trip to the office? big waste of time? 😂

SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 26 2019, 02:05 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Feb 25 2019, 11:33 PM)
the rider could be book another via mycar app or booked using another grab rider acc who travel together with him in another phone.
this is the obvious answer. not stealing ping or etc etc. don't wasted your time trying to report because this kind of double booking happens all the time since a long time ago.

This post has been edited by moosekaka: Feb 26 2019, 02:14 PM
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 26 2019, 03:59 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Feb 26 2019, 02:37 PM)
Grab will just put 20%, if open AA get priority ping. MOT cannot do shit on grab also.
actually this already happening some time ago. they even said it during AA intro that time, AA get priority ping first. leftovers and rejected then only throw to non AA. if two drivers in same area same time and ping come in, the one who on AA will get the ping first.
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 27 2019, 01:32 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(A573154 @ Feb 27 2019, 12:06 PM)
How can earn up to rm5k ? I willing to work long hours. Some say can earn more some say earn less than rm3k
bear in mind there are allot more drivers nowadays. so you have a lot of competition for jobs during non peak hours. this will reflect in low fares and long wait time to get a job.
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 27 2019, 10:54 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(zinglicious @ Feb 27 2019, 10:42 PM)
Actual earnings can be less after selling the car. Dat's why taxi fellas kenot quit the vicious cycle once you get suck into it. It may look great to have hundreds of ringgit CASH driving siang malam but after deductions , amortization and time, it may not look like the real deal especially when you are young. And Grab income statement can be unfairly taxed by LHDN. Taxi fellas can get away with it as it is on cash basis when they pick up riders  console.gif

But the real horror is getting Crappy banana serving notice which might or might not be your fault. And you could be stuck with car repayments you bought for e hailing purpose to cari makan..  shocking.gif

it should be just a temp job on the lembu while looking for a real horse of opportunity to tide you over.  whistling.gif
Of course u didnt say...the more ppl quit...the less competition for u.
SUSmoosekaka
post Feb 27 2019, 11:21 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(Calvin871989 @ Feb 27 2019, 10:31 PM)
No wonder people call this company "CRAP" , because indeed they are.

Can they also sign a form for me that I have every right to cancel any fares that are low + far pick up distance ? Because I know that they'll never learn their lesson from that too.

Meh, I already choose to quit grab for good.

Just mind boggling how this company take advantage of drivers and yet we still drive for them.

Grab owner/ceo must be laughing at this all the way including their management.
I am curious everytime someone says this. unless you took a loan from them or rented a car from them, you are free to not drive for them at any time right? why then do you say the company takes advantage of drivers? its a free market and if drivers think the rules are unfair or ridiculous they shouldnt drive then.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0198sec    0.73    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:09 PM