Grab Driver Discussion V5 (2019 & 2020), Info and FAQ

views

bmt261a
post Feb 13 2019, 09:59 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(bojed @ Feb 12 2019, 09:57 AM)
https://www.worldofbuzz.com/e-hailing-drive...eL8-XG5RhvAbNlI

user posted image

Alhamdulillah I believe God has saved me because I really wanted to go to Kajang last Friday around 3-4am but I didn't. I even woke up at 3.30am and took my phone off the charger and nearly went to take a shower. I don't know why but somehow I decided I wanted to go back to sleep although I know the demand to KLIA is usually high between 3.30am-5am for 6s on Fridays.

By the way, you also need to know iffy areas especially if you're driving during odd hours. Semenyih, Bangi Lama, Nilai 1 and Jinjang are some off the places that I avoid at all cost between 9pm-6am.

By the way, why do we rarely hear such cases involving taxi drivers? Do these robbers fear taxi uncles that much? Not that I want them to rob taxi uncles though.
thanks for the tips.. sure come handy for future driver icon_rolleyes.gif
bmt261a
post Feb 19 2019, 10:14 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(fapman @ Feb 18 2019, 09:20 PM)
Hey guys,

Anyone interested to fetch customers from KL to SG for a single journey?
3 luggages, 2 pax.
Preferably car bigger than the size of Honda City.
Trip on this Wednesday between 1 pm to 3 pm.
Pm me if anyone interested coz I got a rider looking for a Grab driver willing to send them to SG.
is it until JB custom border or go inside SG itself?
bmt261a
post Feb 21 2019, 04:20 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(lznce2679 @ Feb 21 2019, 11:32 AM)
when tbb is higher than fare..i alwaiz screenshot..
for future reference purposes.
this is great tips.. rclxms.gif
bmt261a
post Feb 28 2019, 10:46 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(A573154 @ Feb 27 2019, 10:56 AM)
Hi how much average if become full time grab driver now need all of your advise.
is it you mean .. earnings?
depend on you also.. usually >100 can get
bmt261a
post Mar 4 2019, 10:36 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(Steven_aka_G @ Mar 4 2019, 09:55 AM)
Just had an experience the other day where I was riding as a passenger. Decent driver but once I left the car and walked into my meeting, I saw that the driver rounded up the toll fare. When I called him, his excuse was that he couldn't remember the toll fare for one and he couldn't see the amount for the other. Needless to say, rated low for this dude.
how much the round up be? too much... ouch on that mega_shok.gif
bmt261a
post Mar 5 2019, 10:18 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(coolstore @ Mar 4 2019, 02:20 PM)
also got news that all cars need inspection, not just 3 years or above
if all cars go inspect then confirm long time process
bmt261a
post Mar 6 2019, 10:12 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(Alert_RaZO @ Mar 6 2019, 12:26 AM)
Do u all encounter the apps  every 30min disconnect and reconnect issue? Since January until now like that
what phone youre using.. some phone got some issue on gps also
bmt261a
post Mar 12 2019, 09:57 AM

34 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

it so sad to come to this, this might also side to already taxi driver but they also has the benefit to use the app to get client..
bmt261a
post Mar 14 2019, 10:26 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Mar 14 2019, 10:00 AM)
He is a smart ass thats why🤣
unless he drive at night time blink.gif
bmt261a
post Mar 15 2019, 10:47 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(Calvin871989 @ Mar 15 2019, 10:36 AM)
I booked crab just now from Corus hotel going back home after breakfast at the hotel.

I ask the full time crab driver what does he think of the new regulations that need to be comply by 12 July.

He said us drivers are being manipulated by crab and he plans to quit full time driving for crab and find another job.

lol I do feel sorry for him but I was once too a part time crap driver but I've already quit and never look back since then tongue.gif I wish him all the best since he was a nice guy and we chatted long while in the car.
did u inform him that u excrab driver too? might get even longer chit chat rclxm9.gif
bmt261a
post Mar 19 2019, 10:48 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(jason_spyboy @ Mar 18 2019, 09:13 PM)
Dear All,

After 12th July 2019, GRAB will be officially regulated (end of moratorium). Meaning all drivers must get PSV license, PUSPAKOM inspection, additiona e-hailing rider to insurance coverage, different type of road tax with AH in front, SOCSO contribution mandatory.

I see it as a huge huge pain in the arse. The govt should just let the industry be and not cave in to the demand of taxi drivers who are 90% behave like gangster with their shitty maintained cars.

Anyhow, these regulations will make it SOOO Cumbersome for so many of us. It's already ending of March 2019 and nothing can be done yet, so I expect there will be a bottleneck as drivers rush to get legalised before 12th July 2019.

Also, the additional costs are very significant. GRAB MUST increase their fares and make it worth our time. No more bilis RM5 fare. Minimum fare should be RM8. Also maximum commission set by govt is 20%. I am confident that GRAB will have to increase their fare to cover this shortfall as no more 25% commission and now since they are legalised, surely they have to pay income tax. So their profit will be affected.

My hope is that they stop charging such low prices and at least be on par with taxi fare. Level playing field what.

With this move to regulate, I reckon 70% of part-timers will quit and only the full-timers will have no choice but to go on. THis will cause a sharp drop in drivers. GRAB may even just pull out of Malaysian market with all these kinda regulations..if this happens I wont be surprised.

My hope is that with all the trouble we have to go through to get legalised, they bloody better increase the fare significantly, like 50% increment. I've seen Uber fare in Hong Kong and all..it's expensive, even more expensive than taxis.

Malaysians are very forgiving. Increase price, they will complain few weeks, later they will still use GRAB. GRAB should just increase the price. Worst case same price as taxi, ppl will still take GRAB, coz better car and driver.

Peace and Love. Lets hope our rice bowl not affected.
grab has spoken rclxub.gif

bmt261a
post Mar 19 2019, 10:49 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Mar 18 2019, 02:57 PM)
I think weekend now also low demand with lots of drivers, drove from subang to atria using LDP around 5.45pm and no single job appear. Finish dinner around 9.30pm then open back, surprisingly got many job bombard in. Didn't use MD to get job, just filter whatever job which bring me home and able to get gross RM24 for 45mins.

UP/MP hour on weekend on mid-month is just way too bad, some more i'm lazy drive to city centre to get a job.
do u always get like this? seem u very lucky and fortune everytime u on the app
bmt261a
post Mar 27 2019, 10:17 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Mar 27 2019, 09:48 AM)
> Can book via apps
> Must have fire extinguisher and triangular car signboard for emergency
> VLT 70% for windscreen, 50% for driver side and 30% for the back
where can get cheap fire extinguisher and triangular car signboard? got recommendation?
bmt261a
post Mar 27 2019, 12:33 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(bbcmyh @ Mar 27 2019, 12:30 PM)
Bad day , a old Malay aunty reverse bang me when I collecting fare from passenger , only willing to pay RM250 but my repair cost is 300+ fuxk my life
So sad to hear that.. better then nothing i supposed
bmt261a
post Mar 28 2019, 10:47 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(kratosgrab @ Mar 27 2019, 04:28 PM)
today got one ping by rider bangla. Pup show but drop off is a pin location. so i called him, "Halo, mana you mau pergi". The bangla replied, " to nucleus tower". so i say "mana tu". The bangla then replied, you pakai gps la, saya hari hari pakai pin location. Ok, i shut off the phone immediately and eventually he cancel the trip. Is it common to use pin location drop off? What's the point of doing so? IS it cheapskate rider wanna save money or for what reason...i dunno rclxub.gif
by the way.. where is this nucleus tower?
bmt261a
post Mar 29 2019, 10:24 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(andrwss @ Mar 28 2019, 12:20 PM)
Heard it from taxi drivers too, even taxi who go puspakom twice a year also have to hire runner to settle for them. And they need you to remove all tinted, even your tinted (glass + tint) is below 70/50/30 they can make you fail also. If you go by yourself you might waste long time and fail, in the end need few retest and waste more time/money. Just hire a runner to settle it in one go since they got lubang / know how to negotiate.
using runner service , can keep tinted? if every year change tinted for the sake of puspakom , now that troublesome
bmt261a
post Apr 2 2019, 10:25 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(heyamazingpeople @ Apr 1 2019, 10:13 PM)
frequent grab rider here.
my ride is RM 30. Juice enough?

my area is new..
and correct me if i am wrong, somehow my area cant pin point the exact location.
once pinned, the will show list of area and if chosen any of the address, it will be totally out of the my house location.
So best i can do is to select my house lane.. and that range is about 100m + both way.

understand the driver has no obligation. Maybe the complain to go to Grab instead.. how come the pin point cant work.

But so far most of the drivers are ok. So happen only this grab driver.. to me is a problem.
Anyway i didn't rate him.. just thinking that really good driver should deserve 5 stars and he is should not be one of them.
But pity him that my case a bit special and tough case la.
why dont u use googlemap for accurate location?
once u statisfied with the search, just click open in app
bmt261a
post Apr 3 2019, 10:29 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(kelwin2504 @ Apr 2 2019, 11:52 PM)
Can anyone or recruiter from Grab can convince to an uncle to become Grab driver? (must be age around 50 or above) - I need help in this as I tried to help him to earn some $$ during his freetime. If yes, pls pm me, your help really appreciate here.
how come u not try to persuade him? not charming enough? biggrin.gif
bmt261a
post Apr 4 2019, 10:52 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(birdman8 @ Apr 3 2019, 11:31 AM)
I agree to his statement to certain extend.

There are some bad drivers around which give grab car a bad reputation. But how about bad riders?

Grab can and should eliminate bad drivers from their platform without doubt. But it has to be fair and transparent to all drivers involved. All complaints receive have to communicate to the concerned drivers at earlier stage for improvement purpose rather than on the advance stage.

In the process of executing discipline action, Grab office have to be 100% sure that they didn’t suspend or ban some of their dedicated good drivers at the same times.
last time where uber still kicking.. we can rate riders too...
should put that function in grab app too
bmt261a
post Apr 5 2019, 11:04 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(d-realm @ Apr 5 2019, 09:30 AM)
RM105 is for 6s.. some said even drive KL 1 month once only got rm105 to KLIA

but that guy 4 days 4 trips rm105, maybe he keep filter, but then AR100%  dry.gif
i think this kind trip.. is sometime got sometimes not... it just lucky strike i guess

u know right.. sometime good sometime bad.. all driver got this experienced

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1981sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:53 PM