Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Grab Driver Discussion V5 (2019 & 2020), Info and FAQ

views

Sedago Mimpi
post Jan 8 2019, 07:13 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(mhs87 @ Jan 8 2019, 03:58 PM)
iphone? sometimes i had that but problem gone after restarted my 5S
Started driving again after 3 month away. Now I’m using iPhone xs max for grabbing. No issue so far.

Sedago Mimpi
post Jan 9 2019, 11:24 AM

0 posts

Just now and KLIA Landside...😂

user posted image
Sedago Mimpi
post Jan 9 2019, 01:12 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Calvin871989 @ Jan 9 2019, 11:57 AM)
This guy 8 hours plus at KLIA ?

user posted image
8 hours??? 😱🤦‍♂️
Sedago Mimpi
post Jan 9 2019, 01:16 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Ron2828 @ Jan 9 2019, 12:00 PM)
At this rate....2000 queue will be the new norm
3 month back it was just 900-1000 which took somewhere around 180 mins for your turn. When I saw just now the ridiculous number which requires 300 mins of patient, I just cabot...
Sedago Mimpi
post Jan 9 2019, 01:23 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(lznce2679 @ Jan 9 2019, 01:20 PM)
welkam back komrad..
i alwaiz leave klia kosong..rather than q-ing at landside.
My office just nearby the old LCCT, thinking of trying my luck out of there hahaha...

Sedago Mimpi
post Jan 9 2019, 01:24 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Jan 9 2019, 01:21 PM)
hear say 6s waiting time could be up to 10 hours
Dang, that is just something to ponder about...🤦‍♂️
Sedago Mimpi
post Jan 11 2019, 07:15 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(andrwss @ Jan 11 2019, 06:24 PM)
So you are Grab's CEO or engineer? Why don't you track all of them and permanent ban them? Not enough supply?
Yeah why don’t him?🙄
Sedago Mimpi
post Feb 5 2019, 05:02 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Feb 5 2019, 04:58 PM)
Happy CNY lembus and kerbau out there laugh.gif rclxms.gif
Manyak syiok driving semalam sama ini hari...

Sedago Mimpi
post Feb 11 2019, 01:09 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(moosekaka @ Feb 11 2019, 01:07 AM)
Just want to correct and clarify this. grab does NOT count it to your collected gross fare. check your statement and under your weekly history. toll only shows up as a detail in your job card. but the daily/weekly gross total you see in your app DOES NOT include toll.
Why he loves to complicate things?
Sedago Mimpi
post Feb 11 2019, 01:13 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Grabtology @ Feb 10 2019, 10:47 PM)
sometimes i drive 4 days, sometimes 5 days, about 6 to 7 hours max each day
If money is the only outcome you want from doing anything, then clearly there are so many better ways to earn money other than driving Grab right?

So why are people still trying to become Grab drivers? Why existing Grab lembu still continue?

What is your reason to drive Grab?

Money is not a reason, money is by-product from you doing a job for someone. It's like, shitting is by-product of you eating, but your reason for eating anything is not because you want to shit, right?

So, why did you start doing Grab?

For me, initially, Grab was a channel for me to generate small immediate cash flow. It was never meant to be a life changing get rich quick scheme. I know i will never buy Ferrari from the money I earn from Grab. And that is the whole point, because I can spend my time with more flexibility

I want to spend more time with my wife. The money I earn from Grab, is just enough to sustain my current lifestyle. I'm not delusional to think that Grab will the answer to all my life problems, it just allow me to do what I value most now in my stage of life

That is why I don't feel the anger I see in most of the drivers that post here, whenever I have to fetch smelly foreign workers from mydin or princesses from hartamas. I do feel annoyed by some of their antics, but I'll always have a quick smile, and just understand they all have their unique problems in their life too.

I'm here to perform a business transaction, I get them to where they want to go, I collect payment. Have a nice day! Take out my Febreeze bottle, spray spray, negative feedback for hygiene, move on to the next auto accept trip.

Reach home at the end of the day, reflect back on how I did for the day. You don't need a detail KPI report on how you feel about your day. It's about asking yourself truthfully: were you an okay guy, or were you an asshole?

So doing Grab allow me to help myself, and help other people. I don't make big money out of it, but it's no big deal, because I'm lucky to not be in a situation where I need to pay massive loans every month.

Again to potential new drivers: if you think driving Grab is your answer to quitting a lousy job, and you have car loan house loan, and you are not capable of patience and generosity, please don't do it. You will end up a very bitter and angry Grab driver

To the rest of the drivers here who are not comatose by my post, here's the concept of Ikigai, maybe you all can check it out and reflect on why are you even driving Grab in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikigai

user posted image
I’m not even a part-timer, just main2 to pay for my cold beers in the evening...

This post has been edited by Sedago Mimpi: Feb 11 2019, 01:14 AM
Sedago Mimpi
post Feb 11 2019, 04:43 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Grabtology @ Feb 11 2019, 07:39 AM)
So why do you drive, even for part time?

So far no one shares the reason why they drive. Is it because everyone is doing it for money and for money only?

Haven't you all learned from previous paid employments, what happens if you don't like the job you do but you still do it anyway because of the money it promised? In this case, according to many of you, Grab don't even pay as well as a typical SME.

So why still drive?
As mentioned in my previous posts, I realized that and I'll make changes for when calculating March. Either way, apparently my cost in January is lower than I thought, which is great news
Haven’t you at least have the courtesy to read what I wrote? It is self explanatory.
Sedago Mimpi
post Feb 13 2019, 04:39 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(b4sh88 @ Feb 13 2019, 12:33 AM)
During CNY eve i send PRC to Genting. During afternoon rush hour with surge.

user posted image

I take it even go back kosong pun dun care. My car around 30sen/km so sudah untung.
Dang, lucky you. I would too

Sedago Mimpi
post Feb 14 2019, 04:54 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(lznce2679 @ Feb 13 2019, 06:50 PM)
rider no show cancellation option also hilang..
haaihh wth happen to crab todey..
Happened twice to me last week and once this week. All of a sudden received sms telling me to go for re-education just now which of course mean my account is suspended now.

It is all bullshit whenever CS told you that they will put remark should you think it will protect you from temporary suspension.
Sedago Mimpi
post Feb 24 2019, 04:41 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(d-realm @ Feb 24 2019, 04:27 PM)
no need police report or do anything just call cs n report enough.

i sent 1 bangla who cant communicate to from klang to selayang before.

he cant find his fren, so no money to pay. i called CS n they say just let passenger go

after hang up, his fren show up  sweat.gif  pay rm120 , extra rm30 for waiting.

3 days later grab reimburse the rm120 into my wallet laugh.gif
Damn kiri kanan sapu hahaha...

Sedago Mimpi
post Feb 25 2019, 03:17 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Feb 24 2019, 06:33 PM)
Not to mention got limit 1 yaaa......not all no show cancellation got reimbursement, after quota finish CR up up d lol
Got quota meh? No wonder my 5mins cancellation (pax no show) vanished since Saturday...🤦‍♂️
Sedago Mimpi
post Feb 25 2019, 07:08 PM

0 posts

What happened in Klang now? 2 hours without a single ping?🤦‍♂️
Sedago Mimpi
post Mar 15 2019, 06:58 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Evilson @ Mar 15 2019, 04:26 PM)
I received a sms msg from grab today regarding I cancel rider without any reason with adr number. So I called grab help centre to check the matter. After checking I was inform is was due to the matter I over charged rider on September 2018?? 

1st) isn’t it too late to let driver know what’s goin on & miss inform?

2nd) as i can remember I’ve never will overcharged rider I’m not that stupid as well as rider will also knew the price of the fix fare.

3) in this case grab just accept rider complain & gave driver a warning without investigating the issue. Justice has to be served.

Wth this grab company handle this matter & put the blame on others without clarifying the matter first

Ever is a soft warn, I’m still not happy
I was overcharged for toll last week from Klang to KLIA. Entering Ebor (Shah Alam) and exiting KLIA is rm5.50 but this driver put rm7.40 instead. I dunno till I saw my e-receipt since I pay it thru my credit card. As a driver myself, I never did such thing.

Principle wise, I made a complaint to Grab CC eventhough it was a minimal amount and Grab credited back the difference into my cc.

Sedago Mimpi
post Mar 22 2019, 06:58 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Intimidated @ Mar 22 2019, 03:14 PM)
Attitude?

Again, regular posters here say I’m being obnoxious, I got bad attitude, that somehow you all feel disrespected by my questions.

Yet no one can highlight which part of my post is obnoxious, or why is my “attitude” bad.

Worst, I’m most likely correct about how part timers who won’t invest time and money for regulation are the losers. Probably that’s the part that insulted all of you, because suddenly your periuk nasi got sand and I’m saying how that’s better off for full time drivers

So today morning I signed up and drove, I got 104 in 7 trips with 3 in tips and forgot how many TBB. I’m now a driver like most of you, except I won’t get offended by “difficult questions”.

To all the newbies reading this thread in silent, please don’t be afraid to ask the tough questions. Even if these seasoned drivers are not willing to help you, you will eventually find someone that will.
Bro, you sounded arrogant. Be humble with you opinion. But perhaps you are so used to that particular personality. You might be one of those high management people that got laid off when at the height of your reign, peasants and normalfolks will scurried over at any of your whimps. Be normal bro. If you’re a driver, so the rest of us here. You are not my superior and so do we.

Sedago Mimpi
post Mar 23 2019, 05:49 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Intimidated @ Mar 22 2019, 08:55 PM)
It’s a valid feeling. Thank you for being a kind passenger. Maybe he just forgot you are grabpay user so can charge exact amount.

Most drivers will round down (if toll is 2.30, just charge 2.00 and telan the 30 cents if both driver and passenger claim no coin). If round up (if toll is 2.50 then want to charge 3.00) driver usually tell passenger the intention to do so, to avoid argument after the trip.
I don’t mind got charged to the rounded figure if I pay by cash but if grabpay then I’ll be a bit pissed off.

Sedago Mimpi
post Jul 11 2019, 08:50 PM

0 posts

Good luck to those who are going to continue with Crap. Haven’t been driving for few couple of months and tomorrow is the last day for most part timers. Going to close account now and be a hardcore rider instead hahaha...

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2442sec    0.48    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th May 2022 - 12:21 PM