404 Pages « < 374 375 376 377 378 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Grab Driver Discussion V5 (2019 & 2020), Info and FAQ

views

SUSMamapapamsia
post May 18 2020, 12:23 PM

Casual
304 posts

Guys, i am about to renew my motor insurance policy. Some insurance providers have a "ehailing addon". Is this a must to be added to the policy since i am already paying RM1.80 daily insurance.

The ehailing addon adds RM100 to my premium
wirelessbuyer
post May 18 2020, 04:32 PM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(Mamapapamsia @ May 18 2020, 12:23 PM)
Guys, i am about to renew my motor insurance policy. Some insurance providers have a "ehailing addon". Is this a must to be added to the policy since i am already paying RM1.80 daily insurance.

You can choose to use daily or annual ehailing addon.

I choose to use annual ehailing addon because it was cheaper when I compare to daily insurance cost for a whole year. Also sometime the daily insurance got problem to auto-renew that makes me unable to received jobs, wasting few days of my income
budi1413
post May 19 2020, 09:46 PM

Regular
1,560 posts

QUOTE(Mamapapamsia @ May 18 2020, 12:23 PM)

thats really cheap. juat add lor.
jason_spyboy
post May 20 2020, 08:41 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

I have been doing Crab parttime in KL since 8 May 2020 during this CMCO ...hardly any demand during the day..one day i waited 2 hours in ara dsara, midvalley and bukit bintang and not even 1 ping ! Now i just do in the evening to tap into the after work rush hour crowd. Still quite bad..not like before...many times need to wait 30 to 45 mins for a ping. Roughly I do 4.5 hours, nett income is RM70 after minus petrol and commission. Quite bad. Only good thing is petrol is cheap now. Also there are too many pitiful RM5 rides. Somemore the riders will ask to go inside Tesco..go inside their condo etc ..like doing charity for them for a pitiful RM3 net income. Also sometimes I need to take 3 passengers..some never wear mask. I scared to refuse them cos I need to wait 45 mins to get a ride. So I am desperate. Crab is afraid of Mycar ..thats why got RM5 fare..those days I remember mostly RM6 at the lowest. Cost is living is shooting up everywhere..even my mixed rice chap fan take 2 items (in KL) 1 meat and 1 veggie is RM7. But Crab fares only seem to be very cheap. Crab needs to increase their fares to be fair to us drivers..and not be afraid of Mycar..Mycar's market share and appeal is too small. P/S: I have doing Uber and Crab since 2017 but stopped once all the regulations came in..just managed to get EVP and PSV b4 the MCO.

Also bear in mind, now we need to spend so much to be regulated like taxi puspakom..psv..fire extinguisher..insurance..really ridiculous and yet fares and earning per hour are now lower than b4 the regulations in place . I think there are too many Crab drivers too now. Demand less than supply. I hope after CMCO is over, things will be better and can go back to net income of RM20 per hour on average. But i think after this MCO, more ppl will be unemployed..so there will be even more Crab drivers..huhu

This post has been edited by jason_spyboy: May 20 2020, 08:50 AM
SUSMNet
post May 20 2020, 09:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

Why not change to mycar?
yhtan
post May 20 2020, 10:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(jason_spyboy @ May 20 2020, 08:41 AM)
I have been doing Crab parttime in KL since 8 May 2020 during this CMCO ...hardly any demand during the day..one day i waited 2 hours in ara dsara, midvalley and bukit bintang and not even 1 ping ! Now i just do in the evening to tap into the after work rush hour crowd. Still quite bad..not like before...many times need to wait 30 to 45 mins for a ping. Roughly I do 4.5 hours, nett income is RM70 after minus petrol and commission. Quite bad. Only good thing is petrol is cheap now. Also there are too many pitiful RM5 rides. Somemore the riders will ask to go inside Tesco..go inside their condo etc ..like doing charity for them for a pitiful RM3 net income. Also sometimes I need to take 3 passengers..some never wear mask. I scared to refuse them cos I need to wait 45 mins to get a ride. So I am desperate. Crab is afraid of Mycar ..thats why got RM5 fare..those days I remember mostly RM6 at the lowest. Cost is living is shooting up everywhere..even my mixed rice chap fan take 2 items (in KL)  1 meat and 1 veggie is RM7. But Crab fares only seem to be very cheap. Crab needs to increase their fares to be fair to us drivers..and not be afraid of Mycar..Mycar's market share and appeal is too small. P/S: I have doing Uber and Crab since 2017 but stopped once all the regulations came in..just managed to get EVP and PSV b4 the MCO.

Also bear in mind, now we need to spend so much to be regulated like taxi  puspakom..psv..fire extinguisher..insurance..really ridiculous and yet fares and earning per hour are now lower than b4 the regulations in place  . I think there are too many Crab drivers too now. Demand less than supply. I hope after CMCO is over, things will be better and can go back to net income of RM20 per hour on average. But i think after this MCO, more ppl will be unemployed..so there will be even more Crab drivers..huhu
do grabfoodcar and grabexpress for the time being, u have to adjust to the new norm
jason_spyboy
post May 20 2020, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ May 20 2020, 09:34 AM)
Why not change to mycar?
MyCar demand is too low..much worse than Crab
jason_spyboy
post May 20 2020, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ May 20 2020, 10:23 AM)
do grabfoodcar and grabexpress for the time being, u have to adjust to the new norm
Yeap thats true..the grabfood is rather leceh..need to park car..take the food and all..using car is tough as opposed to motorbike
yhtan
post May 20 2020, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(jason_spyboy @ May 20 2020, 10:43 AM)
Yeap thats true..the grabfood is rather leceh..need to park car..take the food and all..using car is tough as opposed to motorbike
On peak hour like 5-7pm, i can get averagely RM15 nett per hour, of course earning is higher if the restaurant is faster in food preparation. It is much better than waiting for GC job.

On the other side, parking fee can be claimed provided u submitted via email to grab, they will reimburse back to your credit account.
SUSMamapapamsia
post May 20 2020, 12:21 PM

Casual
304 posts

QUOTE(budi1413 @ May 19 2020, 09:46 PM)
thats really cheap. juat add lor.
Guys i was told by JPJ to do puspakom check before i can renew my roadtax . This will be my first time doing puspakom inspection. I have already made appointment with puspokom online . Any sifu here can guide me on the steps . Anything that i need to know before send the car for inspection like any documents i need to bring for inspection?

This post has been edited by Mamapapamsia: May 20 2020, 12:27 PM
SUSMamapapamsia
post May 20 2020, 12:23 PM

Casual
304 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ May 20 2020, 09:34 AM)
Why not change to mycar?
Dont ever waste ur time doing mycar. Pickup is like 8-10km away

Fare is 10x worst than grab. Real waste of time.
simongs
post May 20 2020, 01:34 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ May 15 2020, 12:16 AM)
at this rate fight in klang valley better

laugh.gif laugh.gif
i am not sure if it will be cost effective for me to drive to selangor to earn trips. The nearest selangor for me would be kajang and cyberjaya

simongs
post May 20 2020, 01:36 PM

6 posts

The demand is so low for grab in seremban n nilai..i dont know where all the foreigners indons,bangla,myanmar went? Seems missing...hardly see them anymore... For me most customers were foreigners pre mco days..
skylinelover
post May 20 2020, 01:48 PM

Future Crypto PlayeršŸ˜„šŸ‘ŠDriver AbamsadošŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(jason_spyboy @ May 20 2020, 08:41 AM)
Also bear in mind, now we need to spend so much to be regulated like taxiĀ  puspakom..psv..fire extinguisher..insurance..really ridiculous and yet fares and earning per hour are now lower than b4 the regulations in placeĀ  . I think there are too many Crab drivers too now. Demand less than supply. I hope after CMCO is over, things will be better and can go back to net income of RM20 per hour on average. But i think after this MCO, more ppl will be unemployed..so there will be even more Crab drivers..huhu
fire extinguisher just buy 1x enough liao...RM40 in lazada sale last year...now one i not sure laugh.gif

my insurance extra RM100 per year no big deal one laugh.gif even during MCO my friends still can rake RM150 daily just that i chose not 2 fight because i dont want 2 spread virus 2 my old parents whom i living with 0 commitments

PUSPAKOM i no comment because my car still not yet 3 years old laugh.gif

PSV only renewing 2 years once so still not jia lat yet

QUOTE(simongs @ May 20 2020, 01:36 PM)
The demand is so low for grab in seremban n nilai..i dont know where all the foreigners indons,bangla,myanmar went? Seems missing...hardly see them anymore... For me most customers were foreigners pre mco days..
in quarantine in EMCO flat laugh.gif

This post has been edited by skylinelover: May 20 2020, 01:49 PM
fapman
post May 20 2020, 03:51 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

Anyone know the tint requirement for ehailing car?
Still follow like private car or follow taxi tint?
budi1413
post May 20 2020, 07:20 PM

Regular
1,560 posts

QUOTE(Mamapapamsia @ May 20 2020, 12:21 PM)
Guys i was told by JPJ to do puspakom check before i can renew my roadtax . This will be my first time doing puspakom inspection.  I have already made appointment with puspokom online . Any sifu here can guide me  on the steps . Anything that i need to know before send the car for inspection like any documents i need to bring for inspection?
need to bring original car grant. fire extinguisher and safety triangle put at front passenger seat. make sure all the lampu is working on your car eg 3rd brake light plate number light signal etc. put tire pressure 170kpa. do alignment also. wash you car bersih2.
Brandonwoo17
post May 20 2020, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(ViRaViRa @ Nov 28 2019, 12:24 PM)
Guide to those who want to sell your e-hailing car (EVP registered car) :

Full article about this at VIRA.MY

Before selling your car, you need to change your vehicle's status from 'persendirian - e-hailing' to persendirian - individu. Otherwise you can't sell your car. Even the dealer can't help you.

So before even taking your car to the dealer, I would suggest you to cancel the carā€™s EVP because from what I heard from almost everyone, it could take 7-14 days to change your carā€™s status. Some people from C*rs*m* was actually surprised that I was able to get it done within 3 days (excluding the weekend). To start with, you need to do the following :

- First, go to Grabā€™s EVP cancellation page (HERE) and fill up the form. When I first went to the website, the link to download ā€˜salinan syarikatā€™  was also there but soon after that, it went missing. So Iā€™ve given an external link (HERE). Please download and PRINT ONLY THE SALINAN SYARIKAT. Fill up the form and then upload it to the first link that I gave you. (take a photo and upload).

- Download and print the JPJK8(Pind.1/2016) form which is available at the first link. You just need to fill up the BAHAGIAN A & BAHAGIAN E. There is something in BAHAGIAN C which needs to be filled up but I left that to the JPJ officer to do (I think the ā€˜Kelas Kegunaanā€™)

- Once the form is submitted to Grab, you will receive a ā€˜salinan JPJā€™ (it will not be written as ā€˜salinan JPJā€™ but will actually be blank) and ā€˜salinan pemilikā€™ from them within 1-2 working days.

- Meanwhile, proceed to Puspakom to inspect your car. You need send your car for a B2-Khas inspection, which will cost you RM 26.50 (walk-in) or RM 30 (online booking via MYPUSPAKOM app).

- It will only take about less than 30 minutes to get this done, depending on which part of the day you go. Also, please make sure you are at the correct queue / place. In case you are asked to wait behind a long queue (with a lot of lorries / buses), then you are probably at the wrong place.

- Basically they will only be checking whether your carā€™s chassis number and engine number are correct. They will also check if your car can start properly, the lights (signal, hazard, brake) are working etc. It is a very basic check and not extensive like how it was when you wanted to register your car for e-hailing.

- Once you get your result, please put it together with the JPJK8 form. Also, please make sure that it shows ā€œLULUSā€ in your result. If gagal, then you need to fix the problem and re-send your car for inspection. Also, the RM26.50 (or RM 30) will not be refunded if you gagal.

- Once youā€™ve got a letter from Grab, please print one copy of the salinan JPJ. Get a photocopy of your MYKAD and proceed to any JPJ nearby (I donā€™t know if this can be done at UTC).

- Please make sure you have :

(1) JPJK8 form

(2) laporan pemeriksaan khas from PUSPAKOM

(3) a photocopy of your MYKAD

(4) vehicle grant

- At the JPJ counter, tell them that you want to change the vehicleā€™s status from e-hailing to normal car. They will normally confirm this by asking whether you donā€™t want to drive Grab anymore. Just tell them YES instead of trying to explaining and causing confusion.

- Get the number, submit all the documents that Iā€™ve mentioned above. Tell the officer exactly the same thing you told at the number counter.

- Immediately they will change the carā€™s status back to ā€˜persendirian ā€“ motokar individuā€˜ in their system. As soon as that is done, you are ready to sell your car anytime.

-In case they said that the EVP is still active, you can try at another JPJ branch like how I did.

- I was not charged for the change of status in JPJ but I donā€™t know how will it be in the future.

REMEMBER : AT THIS POINT OF TIME, NOBODY KNOWS (WHETHER JPJ, PUSPAKOM OR 2ND HAND CAR DEALER) HOW TO TERMINATE YOUR CAR'S EVP AND CHANGE THE STATUS BACK TO NORMAL CAR. So you might be wasting a lot of your time if you are unlucky like me.

NOTE : Don't waste your time contacting APAD to cancel your EVP. They can't help because for e-hailing, the cancellation can only be done via the e-hailing company itself e.g. Grab / MyCar etc.

That is all, thank you. All the best in selling your e-hailing car.
Hi, I was wondering if the owner of the car can go to JPJ to cancel the EVP instead of the EVP license owner? In my case, the car owner is not me, but I used the car for grab and EVP, so now I want to cancel the EVP, done all the puspakom checking and have the letters and form with me already, can the owner of the car go to JPJ instead of me going?
SUSMamapapamsia
post May 20 2020, 08:36 PM

Casual
304 posts

QUOTE(budi1413 @ May 20 2020, 07:20 PM)
need to bring original car grant. fire extinguisher and safety triangle put at front passenger seat. make sure all the lampu is working on your car eg 3rd brake light plate number light signal etc. put tire pressure 170kpa. do alignment also. wash you car bersih2.
Thanks bro. Stress la. Roadtax expire 30th. Puspakom 27th. Duno got time anot. Insurance already paid summore.
Last minute because i thought i could renew RT like normal.

Btw do they check the brakes and exhaust emissions?

This post has been edited by Mamapapamsia: May 20 2020, 08:39 PM
budi1413
post May 20 2020, 09:38 PM

Regular
1,560 posts

QUOTE(Mamapapamsia @ May 20 2020, 08:36 PM)
Thanks bro. Stress la. Roadtax expire 30th. Puspakom 27th. Duno got time anot. Insurance already paid summore.
Last minute because i thought i could renew RT like normal.

Btw do they check the brakes and exhaust emissions?
yes and yes.
Evilson
post May 20 2020, 10:03 PM

31 posts

My last service car about 4months ago. Today went puspakom & luckily passed. Just gamble only

404 Pages « < 374 375 376 377 378 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:13 PM