Guide to those who want to sell your e-hailing car (EVP registered car) :
Full article about this at VIRA.MY
Before selling your car, you need to change your vehicle's status from 'persendirian - e-hailing' to persendirian - individu. Otherwise you can't sell your car. Even the dealer can't help you.
So before even taking your car to the dealer, I would suggest you to cancel the car’s EVP because from what I heard from almost everyone, it could take 7-14 days to change your car’s status. Some people from C*rs*m* was actually surprised that I was able to get it done within 3 days (excluding the weekend). To start with, you need to do the following :
- First, go to Grab’s EVP cancellation page (HERE
) and fill up the form. When I first went to the website, the link to download ‘salinan syarikat’ was also there but soon after that, it went missing. So I’ve given an external link (HERE
). Please download and PRINT ONLY THE SALINAN SYARIKAT. Fill up the form and then upload it to the first link that I gave you. (take a photo and upload).
- Download and print the JPJK8(Pind.1/2016) form which is available at the first link. You just need to fill up the BAHAGIAN A & BAHAGIAN E. There is something in BAHAGIAN C which needs to be filled up but I left that to the JPJ officer to do (I think the ‘Kelas Kegunaan’)
- Once the form is submitted to Grab, you will receive a ‘salinan JPJ’ (it will not be written as ‘salinan JPJ’ but will actually be blank) and ‘salinan pemilik’ from them within 1-2 working days.
- Meanwhile, proceed to Puspakom to inspect your car. You need send your car for a B2-Khas inspection, which will cost you RM 26.50 (walk-in) or RM 30 (online booking via MYPUSPAKOM app).
- It will only take about less than 30 minutes to get this done, depending on which part of the day you go. Also, please make sure you are at the correct queue / place. In case you are asked to wait behind a long queue (with a lot of lorries / buses), then you are probably at the wrong place.
- Basically they will only be checking whether your car’s chassis number and engine number are correct. They will also check if your car can start properly, the lights (signal, hazard, brake) are working etc. It is a very basic check and not extensive like how it was when you wanted to register your car for e-hailing.
- Once you get your result, please put it together with the JPJK8 form. Also, please make sure that it shows “LULUS” in your result. If gagal, then you need to fix the problem and re-send your car for inspection. Also, the RM26.50 (or RM 30) will not be refunded if you gagal.
- Once you’ve got a letter from Grab, please print one copy of the salinan JPJ. Get a photocopy of your MYKAD and proceed to any JPJ nearby (I don’t know if this can be done at UTC).
- Please make sure you have :
(1) JPJK8 form
(2) laporan pemeriksaan khas from PUSPAKOM
(3) a photocopy of your MYKAD
(4) vehicle grant
- At the JPJ counter, tell them that you want to change the vehicle’s status from e-hailing to normal car. They will normally confirm this by asking whether you don’t want to drive Grab anymore. Just tell them YES instead of trying to explaining and causing confusion.
- Get the number, submit all the documents that I’ve mentioned above. Tell the officer exactly the same thing you told at the number counter.
- Immediately they will change the car’s status back to ‘persendirian – motokar individu‘ in their system. As soon as that is done, you are ready to sell your car anytime.
-In case they said that the EVP is still active, you can try at another JPJ branch like how I did.
- I was not charged for the change of status in JPJ but I don’t know how will it be in the future.
REMEMBER : AT THIS POINT OF TIME, NOBODY KNOWS (WHETHER JPJ, PUSPAKOM OR 2ND HAND CAR DEALER) HOW TO TERMINATE YOUR CAR'S EVP AND CHANGE THE STATUS BACK TO NORMAL CAR. So you might be wasting a lot of your time if you are unlucky like me.
NOTE : Don't waste your time contacting APAD to cancel your EVP. They can't help because for e-hailing, the cancellation can only be done via the e-hailing company itself e.g. Grab / MyCar etc.
That is all, thank you. All the best in selling your e-hailing car.
Hi, I was wondering if the owner of the car can go to JPJ to cancel the EVP instead of the EVP license owner? In my case, the car owner is not me, but I used the car for grab and EVP, so now I want to cancel the EVP, done all the puspakom checking and have the letters and form with me already, can the owner of the car go to JPJ instead of me going?