Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Grab Driver Discussion V5 (2019 & 2020), Info and FAQ

views

skylinelover
post Yesterday, 03:46 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
5,698 posts

QUOTE(Jiao2 Itchy @ Jan 24 2020, 12:34 PM)
ordered a taxi to Melbourne airport

cost me 105 AUD, uber even more expensive at 120 AUD...
journey only 50km to the airport and took about 45 mins to reach..

then think back of malaysia, grab drivers really like lembu only get peanut 65 ringgit and most journey to and from KLIA is more than 50+km..
Glad you get away from the road chaos here 4 now laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(Invince_Z @ Jan 24 2020, 01:02 PM)
deswai i ban klia nowadays.
Haha selatan airport better

When it surges 100 plus pun jadilah

laugh.gif laugh.gif
lowfart
post Yesterday, 05:43 PM

2 posts

Fuhh this coronavirus threat is scary mang, aiyo i wish we can manually accept job so can filter those PRC riders, sounds racist right?
lowfart
post Yesterday, 05:44 PM

2 posts

Maybe before they hop into the car, can ask where they re from or not
Jiao2 Itchy
post Yesterday, 11:34 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(lowfart @ Jan 24 2020, 05:44 PM)
Maybe before they hop into the car, can ask where they re from or not
no need ask la, you hear them speak also should be able to tell they are PRC or not ady mah..

PRC mandarin vs local mandarin is very different.
diffyhelman2
post Today, 01:27 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Jiao2 Itchy @ Jan 24 2020, 02:10 PM)
yes but instead they make it so blardy cheap the fare nowadays, borderline almost not worth it to do KLIA.. worse if the returning trip from KLIA send you to Nilai or whatever ulu place which makes you waste a lot of time because of low chance getting back to back jobs after you dropped them off.. but no choice, money is still money although peanuts..

in Melb you really no choice, like it or not you memang have to order uber/taxi if you're 2 people going with 2 check-in and 2 hand carry.

if you're light traveller then maybe got alternative to go to city with SkyBus (20 AUD/person). But if you're going 2 pax already 40 AUD, might as well order uber/taxi to get to the city, only about 45~50 AUD and get a car to yourself instead of cram in a bus.. so in the end, uber/taxi still the superior choice to go with, hence its understood as a traveller you need to "suck it up" as parts and parcel of travelling lah..

but back here in malaysia, people already complain about 65 ringgit fare, think they pay 65 ringgit like buying some premium service/item lol.. on top of that then most will ask the driver to do "extras" like drop them at their block although they mostly put condo guardhouse as destination, which cost the driver another 1~2km and 10mins extra for that fixed 65 ringgit fare...  shakehead.gif  shakehead.gif
only borderline? RM65 fare (RM52 after deduct commission, i.e. what you see in your pocket) for 50+ km to the airport from most places in PJ and northern parts of KL. But no matter how cheap....most drivers don't ever put KLIA in their avoid location list.

FYI we also have our own SkyBUS to the airport. only RM 15 (and RM8 if you are a senior 50+ person) from some very popular shopping malls (1 Utama, Paradigm, KL Sentral).

This post has been edited by diffyhelman2: Today, 01:31 AM
Invince_Z
post Today, 02:23 AM

!M4 !3eY0nC! 1337!!!!
2,654 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jan 24 2020, 03:46 PM)
When it surges 100 plus pun jadilah

laugh.gif laugh.gif
i very calculative. if not min rm1/km i x take job.

QUOTE(diffyhelman2 @ Jan 25 2020, 01:27 AM)
only borderline? RM65 fare (RM52 after deduct commission, i.e. what you see in your pocket) for 50+ km to the airport from most places in PJ and northern parts of KL. But no matter how cheap....most drivers don't ever put KLIA in their avoid location list.

FYI we also have our own SkyBUS to the airport. only RM 15 (and RM8 if you are a senior 50+ person) from some very popular shopping malls (1 Utama, Paradigm, KL Sentral).
i'm one of the rare drivers...very recently put klia to ban list. now play at my safe heaven.
Jiao2 Itchy
post Today, 03:37 AM

7 posts

uhh yes i know that.. my point was that the SkyBus in melbourne is only good if you are alone 1 person or if 2 person travelling very light (i.e 1 hand-carry luggage/person). if anything more than that you might as well order an uber straight to your destination only..

so with that in mind, people usually travelling to/from melbourne airport already know that they need to spend on uber/taxi..
airport go to city (less than 25 km ONLY) already cost about 40~50 AUD.. airport to other further suburbs, say 50km away will cost about 100~120 AUD already..

but for KLIA, you go where also since the drop off range is so fucking big, still rm65 fixed fare.. but yet people ordering grab always got this mentality thinking their 65 bucks they paying is very big and they deserve to get some premium service, anything less and they unhappy with you..
skylinelover
post Today, 08:35 AM

5,698 posts

QUOTE(Invince_Z @ Jan 25 2020, 02:23 AM)
i'm one of the rare drivers...very recently put klia to ban list. now play at my safe heaven.
Haha genting layan tak laugh.gif icon_idea.gif
Invince_Z
post Today, 09:35 AM

!M4 !3eY0nC! 1337!!!!
2,654 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jan 25 2020, 08:35 AM)
Haha genting layan tak laugh.gif icon_idea.gif

tak pernah pergi genting. x mau la. kesian i punya car.
JohnL77
post Today, 11:21 AM

Getting Started
249 posts

QUOTE(Jiao2 Itchy @ Jan 25 2020, 03:37 AM)
uhh yes i know that.. my point was that the SkyBus in melbourne is only good if you are alone 1 person or if 2 person travelling very light (i.e 1 hand-carry luggage/person). if anything more than that you might as well order an uber straight to your destination only..

so with that in mind, people usually travelling to/from melbourne airport already know that they need to spend on uber/taxi..
airport go to city (less than 25 km ONLY) already cost about 40~50 AUD.. airport to other further suburbs, say 50km away will cost about 100~120 AUD already..

but for KLIA, you go where also since the drop off range is so fucking big, still rm65 fixed fare.. but yet people ordering grab always got this mentality thinking their 65 bucks they paying is very big and they deserve to get some premium service, anything less and they unhappy with you..
Last time I take teksi go KLIA RM90++ weh. Grab drivers who go KLIA for RM65 are fucking stupid.

cktang
post Today, 12:11 PM

36 posts

Fare surged high and traffic very clear, just the super hot weather spoil the fun. Happy cny fellow grabbers..
lowfart
post Today, 12:27 PM

2 posts

Wear mask guys, 3 confirmed coronavirus case in johor alrdy
rjmsfire
post Today, 01:53 PM

34 posts

Then I'm those rare ones who put KLIA into my avoid places. Not worth it.
skylinelover
post Today, 01:55 PM

5,698 posts

QUOTE(lowfart @ Jan 25 2020, 12:27 PM)
Haha lucky i be off 5 days laugh.gif laugh.gif

Gonna take some vitamins b4 driving then
destiny6
post Today, 03:31 PM

Enthusiast
768 posts

QUOTE(Jiao2 Itchy @ Jan 24 2020, 12:34 PM)
ordered a taxi to Melbourne airport

cost me 105 AUD, uber even more expensive at 120 AUD...
journey only 50km to the airport and took about 45 mins to reach..

then think back of malaysia, grab drivers really like lembu only get peanut 65 ringgit and most journey to and from KLIA is more than 50+km..
In case you didn't know long ago the fare to KLIA is in between 85 - 105, if you drive Uber max can get around 150+ , those were the good old days , no long queue

QUOTE(Invince_Z @ Jan 25 2020, 09:35 AM)
tak pernah pergi genting. x mau la. kesian i punya car.
You'll be surprised how many Grab drivers at Genting Highland laugh.gif

diffyhelman2
post Today, 03:49 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Jan 25 2020, 03:31 PM)
In case you didn't know long ago the fare to KLIA  is in between 85 - 105, if you drive Uber max can get around 150+ , those were the good old days , no long queue
You'll be surprised how many Grab drivers at Genting Highland laugh.gif
It’s nuts that grab normalized the idea of fixed rm65 fare anywhere in kv to klia. Then again it’s also nuts that drivers willingly accept these 50+ km go airport jobs for $52 net.

Also a lot of those genting drivers up there...took private job to go up.

This post has been edited by diffyhelman2: Today, 03:57 PM
zinglicious
post Today, 04:48 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(lowfart @ Jan 25 2020, 01:27 PM)
Close proximity in enclosed air conditioned car would increased the risk of getting Toyota Coronavirus. sweat.gif

Unknown to many, hands on transmission touch on surface areas can infectious. shocking.gif

Just too risky to grab riders even with shark fin fares. hmm.gif
diffyhelman2
post Today, 07:39 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(zinglicious @ Jan 25 2020, 04:48 PM)
Close proximity in enclosed air conditioned car would increased the risk of getting Toyota Coronavirus. sweat.gif 

Unknown to many, hands on  transmission touch on surface areas can infectious.  shocking.gif

Just too risky to grab riders even with  shark fin fares.  hmm.gif
wash your hands. refrain from touching your face mouth nose,eyes. try not to eat with your hands.

Jiao2 Itchy
post Today, 07:42 PM

7 posts

anyone signed up to be guinea pig for grab driver app new feature (audio recording trial test for 2 weeks) yet?

can get rm180 fuel vouchers after you finish being guinea pig for 14 days/2weeks..

This post has been edited by Jiao2 Itchy: Today, 07:46 PM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0419sec    3.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th January 2020 - 10:42 PM