Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> This guy is right on utilities... Let's PETITION!

views

SUSJasonLeeX
post Jan 3 2019, 08:01 PM, updated 6y ago

Casual
468 posts

https://www.thestar.com.my/opinion/letters/...-utility-bills/

Why are service apartments being charged commercial rates? Makes no sense. Yes it is on commercial land but the entire building is meant for residential living so why burden the people?

If they charge commercial rate for SOHO, SOVO or SOFO I would agree 100% cause the building main purpose isn't for residential living. So for those who are making SOHO as a place to live in must think twice that they are buying a unit that is meant for commercial not residential. Service apartment units CANNOT be used to operate business unlike SOHO!!

If utilities for SOHO and Serviced apartments are the same then there is NO DIFFERENCE between SOHO and Serviced Apartment except SOHO units can have the choice of operating a business in their home!

This post has been edited by JasonLeeX: Jan 3 2019, 08:02 PM
puchongite
post Jan 3 2019, 08:08 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

QUOTE(JasonLeeX @ Jan 3 2019, 08:01 PM)

Why are service apartments being charged commercial rates? Makes no sense. Yes it is on commercial land but the entire building is meant for residential living so why burden the people?

If they charge commercial rate for SOHO, SOVO or SOFO I would agree 100% cause the building main purpose isn't for residential living. So for those who are making SOHO as a place to live in must think twice that they are buying a unit that is meant for commercial not residential. Service apartment units CANNOT be used to operate business unlike SOHO!!

If utilities for SOHO and Serviced apartments are the same then there is NO DIFFERENCE between SOHO and Serviced Apartment except SOHO units can have the choice of operating a business in their home!
I don't know what is he talking about. It is actual quite easy to convert to residential rates for service apartments.

TNB did not even check on you even if you operate Airbnb on it. By right short term rental should be charged commercial rates.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Jan 3 2019, 08:21 PM
SUSJasonLeeX
post Jan 3 2019, 08:27 PM

Casual
468 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Jan 3 2019, 08:08 PM)
I don't know what is he talking about. It is actual quite easy to convert to residential rates for service apartments.

TNB did not even check on you even if you operate Airbnb on it. By right short term rental should be charged commercial rates.
I thought even if u can convert the electricity rate, you can't convert water rate.

Condo, landed or even town house also can be used as AirBnB...
ManutdGiggs
post Jan 3 2019, 08:31 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,544 posts

IMHO I blif buyers hav a choice not to buy as no one would point a gun at the head forcing anyone to buy

If can't accept it the best thg is boikot tat particular project. Not start whining after buying it. It does show tat some buyers hav no basic knowledge in prop. Worst is follow Wat guru sifu say. Hoseh liao.

puchongite
post Jan 3 2019, 08:34 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

QUOTE(JasonLeeX @ Jan 3 2019, 08:27 PM)
I thought even if u can convert the electricity rate, you can't convert water rate.

Condo, landed or even town house also can be used as AirBnB...
True but water usage is usually not a lot. Most people use only rm 30-50. Residential may pay < 10.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Jan 3 2019, 08:35 PM
SUSJasonLeeX
post Jan 3 2019, 08:37 PM

Casual
468 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Jan 3 2019, 08:34 PM)
True but water usage is usually not a lot. Most people use only rm 30-50. Residential may pay < 10.
Hence PETITION!!!

Seriously, why should service apartment residence be penalised? They can't operate any business in their home unlike SOHO so if they want to charge commercial rate, charge it to SOHO dwellers not service apartments.

puchongite
post Jan 3 2019, 09:10 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

QUOTE(JasonLeeX @ Jan 3 2019, 08:37 PM)
Hence PETITION!!!

Seriously, why should service apartment residence be penalised? They can't operate any business in their home unlike SOHO so if they want to charge commercial rate, charge it to SOHO dwellers not service apartments.
You can't get a big number of people together meaning they can't resonate with you. LOL.
AskarPerang
post Jan 4 2019, 12:38 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,145 posts

QUOTE(JasonLeeX @ Jan 3 2019, 08:37 PM)
Hence PETITION!!!

Well is SYABAS own policy. Applicable to Klang Valley here. As different other state Service Apartment not under SYABAS might have a different policy and regulation.
SYABAS required the land title to be converted to residential first in order to get residential rate.
But only 1 rare case study. A SOHO in Setia Alam (Trefoil) back in 2016 managed to migrate to individual meter and get residential rate even though the land title is still commercial.
No other successful case thereafter.
According to aaron1717, even SkyAwani 1, a RUMAHWIP project with directive from Kementerian Wilayah Persekutuan, promising the owners that utilities will be residential rate. However, they are still stuck with this SYABAS policy. Let's see whether those owners win the fight or not.

Anyway, those buying commercial title property such as SOHO or service apartments should bear in mind that utilities will fall under commercial rate. They should well prepared and anticipate in the beginning before buying such property. Getting TNB to allow conversion is already a big bonus actually. But policy can change. Will TNB stick to such policy forever in the future?
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 4 2019, 02:35 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(JasonLeeX @ Jan 3 2019, 08:01 PM)

Sir,

Please make one thing clear.....most SOHOs are under schedule H Residential Usage. You can use your SOHO as residential or Office or BOTH.

please dont confused with SOVO SOFO Suites and etc.....these are non schedule usage and its strictly for commecial to use as office or storage.

I personally have bought two SOHO projects in two locations....both are schedule H.

This post has been edited by BEANCOUNTER: Jan 4 2019, 02:37 AM
kuci_mayong
post Jan 4 2019, 08:11 AM

Enthusiast
808 posts

QUOTE(ManutdGiggs @ Jan 3 2019, 08:31 PM)
IMHO I blif buyers hav a choice not to buy as no one would point a gun at the head forcing anyone to buy

If can't accept it the best thg is boikot tat particular project. Not start whining after buying it. It does show tat some buyers hav no basic knowledge in prop. Worst is follow Wat guru sifu say. Hoseh liao.
I agree with the guy who wrote the letter. And you may say that he should have research properly before buying but no matter how well you research, there will always be unexpected incidences like how the writer didn't expect to pay commercial rates for a residential unit. There's too many uncertainties in malaysian property sector.
mini orchard
post Jan 4 2019, 08:44 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

Writing to the press will not solve the problem if there is no formal application to the utility company for the conversion. It will not be good business decision for TNB to do auto conversion for every apartment block. After all that rate started not only yesterday. Just that someone is waiting for another person to do the work.

If on the other hand, if one has made a wrong decision to purchase, then it can be disposed off. Buy a full fledged condo and your worry is no more.
ManutdGiggs
post Jan 4 2019, 09:07 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,544 posts

QUOTE(kuci_mayong @ Jan 4 2019, 08:11 AM)
I agree with the guy who wrote the letter. And you may say that he should have research properly before buying but no matter how well you research, there will always be unexpected incidences like how the writer didn't expect to pay commercial rates for a residential unit. There's too many uncertainties in malaysian property sector.
U mean buyers wouldn't know Wat kinda product they r buying???

Eg resi or commi???

Hmmm OK 🤔
mini orchard
post Jan 4 2019, 12:25 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(ManutdGiggs @ Jan 4 2019, 09:07 AM)

Eg resi or commi???

Hmmm OK 🤔
When is FREE ....

Snp, Mot, 3 years free maint, Cash Back, Kitchen cabinet, air cond, water heater, ....

Who bothers to check whether is resi or commi.
aaron1717
post Jan 4 2019, 12:27 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(ManutdGiggs @ Jan 4 2019, 09:07 AM)

Eg resi or commi???

Hmmm OK 🤔
and when agent mentioned boleh convert to resi... they also din ask further which can convert which cannot convert... lol... just accept that all can be convert.... and sign SPA
ManutdGiggs
post Jan 4 2019, 12:32 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,544 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jan 4 2019, 12:25 PM)
When is FREE ....

Snp, Mot, 3 years free maint, Cash Back, Kitchen cabinet, air cond, water heater, ....

Okok Well noted 👌

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Jan 4 2019, 12:27 PM)
and when agent mentioned boleh convert to resi... they also din ask further which can convert which cannot convert... lol... just accept that all can be convert.... and sign SPA
Boss just curious would u ask or check further for 6 or 7 digits purchase???
aaron1717
post Jan 4 2019, 12:34 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(ManutdGiggs @ Jan 4 2019, 12:32 PM)

Boss just curious would u ask or check further for 6 or 7 digits purchase???
i will definitely ask lol... SA pls prove to me all rates can be converted or this project is under pure residential title... but newbie buyers nowadays... doh.gif doh.gif signed jor SPA and LA for 6-7 figures asset and only ask subsequently after hearsay from frens....
8sg9ft
post Jan 4 2019, 12:36 PM

blablabla
1,765 posts

Dunno whether resi or comm land when purchase??? Means never do due diligence lo...

Anyway, agree with AskarPerang. Syabas (or any other water authority for that matter) and TNB are just following the land titles and charge accordingly.

This post has been edited by 8sg9ft: Jan 4 2019, 12:39 PM
David_77
post Jan 4 2019, 12:44 PM

In a hurry to make up for lost time!
2,396 posts

So where do I sign up?
ManutdGiggs
post Jan 4 2019, 01:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,544 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Jan 4 2019, 12:34 PM)
i will definitely ask lol... SA pls prove to me all rates can be converted or this project is under pure residential title... but newbie buyers nowadays...  doh.gif  doh.gif signed jor SPA and LA for 6-7 figures asset and only ask subsequently after hearsay from frens....
I guess many tot by whining can win the battle
ocphangaz
post Jan 4 2019, 01:08 PM

Midlife Crysis.
768 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jan 4 2019, 12:25 PM)
When is FREE ....

that is call own negligence.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:12 PM