views

doomx
post May 4 2020, 09:50 AM

Look at mah stars
2,795 posts

QUOTE(shahrul09 @ May 3 2020, 11:18 PM)
Nope. You can try binance p2p marketplace, got MYR there. Or remitano

https://c2c.binance.com/en

I Wont buy crypto using card, should be some stupid card fee and conversion fee i guess.
yeah i realise they have this p2p marketplace laso the conversion better than remitano tho

QUOTE(SonicSpyro @ May 4 2020, 12:53 AM)
Buying crypto with a credit card will be deemed as a cash advance or something the like. I did that last year and suddenly saw "Finance Charges" in my statement a few days after.... I was like why? Called them up and they asked "Did you buy currency with your card?"

The Finance Charge will accrue daily until the full amount of the purchase is paid off.
ouch, thanks for the advice. that gotta hurt man the finance charge.
coo|dude
post May 7 2020, 03:51 PM

Cool By The Pool!
1,062 posts

For Monaco users in Msia, what is the most economical way to buy MCO? Transferwise?
CoronaV
post May 9 2020, 03:25 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Apr 28 2020, 05:44 AM)
Yeah, stolen. Either someone logged in my account and withdraw from there or some kind of bugs, they didn't know.
A few thousand, pissed me off entirely.
Sorry to hear that. Malaysia have any regulatory body now to monitor such crime? Or the risk is entirely on us currently?
David900924
post May 11 2020, 10:40 AM

Crypto Master
1,234 posts

I hav traded P2P bitcoin for 6 years. and please take note, at the moment, there's no platform P2P is safe. Binance P2P, Localbitcoins and Remitano.

There's increase of money mule account and love scam in those P2P platforms, i have few friends reported to me 6 out of 10 are scams as they can't provided certain element to proof their are owner.

This month May, latest money mule scam in Malaysia involve RM800k, where u think the money went to. no brainer.

Don't be deceived by matching name and bank name, handwritten note or even selfie. Do a video call for due diligence if you are active on P2P.
weichi
post May 11 2020, 11:44 AM

Casual
445 posts

QUOTE(David900924 @ May 11 2020, 10:40 AM)
I hav traded P2P bitcoin for 6 years. and please take note, at the moment, there's no platform P2P is safe. Binance P2P, Localbitcoins and Remitano.

There's increase of money mule account and love scam in those P2P platforms, i have few friends reported to me 6 out of 10 are scams as they can't provided certain element to proof their are owner.

This month May, latest money mule scam in Malaysia involve RM800k, where u think the money went to. no brainer.

Don't be deceived by matching name and bank name, handwritten note or even selfie. Do a video call for due diligence if you are active on P2P.
Man-in-the-middle scams are quite rampant now, on top of other risks. If you are seeking an alternative, I'd like to invite you to trade on Marketplace by SINEGY, an active market-maker like yourself can earn 0.25% rebate on each executed trade.

To learn more about us: www.sinegy.com | Marketplace trading platform: marketplace.sinegy.com

or just PM me for further information.
chonghe
post May 11 2020, 07:41 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(David900924 @ May 11 2020, 10:40 AM)

thanks for the heads up. Can elaborate more? like if trade in remitano, already can see the buyer/seller name & account no, how to get scam in this case?
David900924
post May 12 2020, 04:39 AM

Crypto Master
1,234 posts

QUOTE(chonghe @ May 11 2020, 07:41 PM)
thanks for the heads up. Can elaborate more? like if trade in remitano, already can see the buyer/seller name & account no, how to get scam in this case?
Bro, Google about money mule account Malaysia.

Think of this scenario. Someone offer you rm500/week as rent for your bank account and IC, to register the p2p platform. Then the person create lots of great offers to deceived people to bank in to your bank account, knowing the police report and bank freeze will happen in less than 3 days, the person need scam big amounts and many people within 24hr. Then next hour will be cashing out the stolen money thru bitcoin and by register in remitano using ur IC and bank account, which both are matching. And when police report against ur bank happen, also the receiver of stolen money will be freeze as well for been partner in crime in receiving stolen money.

This is very common case in Malaysia already, atleast every month reported hundred of thousands money involved in money mule case, and the exit strategy for those scammer are thru bitcoin, no brainer they choose localbitcoin and remitano as they are fast n easy to verify.

They use VPN, they have Malaysia mobile number easily, they hide their identity, it is a big syndicate from Nigerian.

Singapore remitano and localbitcoin itself involve millions of funds, these money mule has been growing large n fast to australia and new zealand, UK and Euro as well.

This post has been edited by David900924: May 12 2020, 04:44 AM
chonghe
post May 12 2020, 11:03 AM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(David900924 @ May 12 2020, 04:39 AM)
Bro, Google about money mule account Malaysia.

Think of this scenario. Someone offer you rm500/week as rent for your bank account and IC, to register the p2p platform. Then the person create lots of great offers to deceived people to bank in to your bank account, knowing the police report and bank freeze will happen in less than 3 days, the person need scam big amounts and many people within 24hr. Then next hour will be cashing out the stolen money thru bitcoin and by register in remitano using ur IC and bank account, which both are matching. And when police report against ur bank happen, also the receiver of stolen money will be freeze as well for been partner in crime in receiving stolen money.

This is very common case in Malaysia already, atleast every month reported hundred of thousands money involved in money mule case, and the exit strategy for those scammer are thru bitcoin, no brainer they choose localbitcoin and remitano as they are fast n easy to verify.

They use VPN, they have Malaysia mobile number easily, they hide their identity, it is a big syndicate from Nigerian.

Singapore remitano and localbitcoin itself involve millions of funds, these money mule has been growing large n fast to australia and new zealand, UK and Euro as well.
So as a seller on P2P, if I were to sell to someone, as long as I got the money in my bank account, does it consider safe?
As for a buyer on P2P, if matching bank no. and name are not sufficient, how to prevent from being a victim? Let's say I bank in already, and seller will have to release the crypto right, so how to be scammed in this case?
David900924
post May 12 2020, 11:10 AM

Crypto Master
1,234 posts

QUOTE(chonghe @ May 12 2020, 11:03 AM)
So as a seller on P2P, if I were to sell to someone, as long as I got the money in my bank account, does it consider safe?
As for a buyer on P2P, if matching bank no. and name are not sufficient, how to prevent from being a victim? Let's say I bank in already, and seller will have to release the crypto right, so how to be scammed in this case?
Only for you as a seller, there will be risk. Matching Name and bank name is not 100% safe as I explained earlier, you hav to do due diligence with video call and declaration and see they have login the page.

Just remember, you still can be charged for receiving stolen money if the person fund transfer to you is stolen money.

As buyer, less risk unless you are very unlucky to be charged. Which you are liable for transfer to an account that involve in illegal activities.

This post has been edited by David900924: May 12 2020, 11:12 AM
chonghe
post May 12 2020, 03:33 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(David900924 @ May 12 2020, 11:10 AM)
Only for you as a seller, there will be risk. Matching Name and bank name is not 100% safe as I explained earlier, you hav to do due diligence with video call and declaration and see they have login the page.

Just remember, you still can be charged for receiving stolen money if the person fund transfer to you is stolen money.

As buyer, less risk unless you are very unlucky to be charged. Which you are liable for transfer to an account that involve in illegal activities.
that's a headsup there, thanks. In the future for selling, I think a preventive measure is to make sure the account has some trades and good track record and feedback (can see on remitano)
other than that what else can we do to reduce risk?
David900924
post May 12 2020, 03:55 PM

Crypto Master
1,234 posts

QUOTE(chonghe @ May 12 2020, 03:33 PM)
that's a headsup there, thanks. In the future for selling, I think a preventive measure is to make sure the account has some trades and good track record and feedback (can see on remitano)
other than that what else can we do to reduce risk?
Remitano is more prompt to money mule as we can't reject them once it is matching Name. With localbitcoin, we can decide not to show our bank account when they initial trade until they fulfill our terms n we satisfy with it.

Remitano with their latest ewallet using their staff personal account, it is a grave decision. Their account can be freeze anytime. Foolish company.

This post has been edited by David900924: May 12 2020, 04:00 PM
chonghe
post May 12 2020, 06:08 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(David900924 @ May 12 2020, 03:55 PM)
Remitano is more prompt to money mule as we can't reject them once it is matching Name. With localbitcoin, we can decide not to show our bank account when they initial trade until they fulfill our terms n we satisfy with it.

Remitano with their latest ewallet using their staff personal account, it is a grave decision. Their account can be freeze anytime. Foolish company.
Preference for remitano is because of better price, I can see that localbitcoins has higher spread.

"we can't reject them once it is matching Name" - are you talking about we as a seller? As a seller our name and bank account are shown, if they bank in money to us, we can't really do anything right? The risk is on they bank in money using the mule account, posting potential risk of being charged?

David900924
post May 12 2020, 06:59 PM

Crypto Master
1,234 posts

QUOTE(chonghe @ May 12 2020, 06:08 PM)
Preference for remitano is because of better price, I can see that localbitcoins has higher spread.
"we can't reject them once it is matching Name" - are you talking about we as a seller? As a seller our name and bank account are shown, if they bank in money to us, we can't really do anything right? The risk is on they bank in money using the mule account, posting potential risk of being charged?
Yes u right, Remitano admin can assume us as paranoid only since we can't prove anything, unlike localbitcoin we can see the ip address, mostly Nigerian pose as Malaysian using money mule. Can immediately reject them and ask them to cancel. In remitano, you won't able to see the IP, thus getting stolen money is very common there.
chonghe
post May 12 2020, 07:51 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(David900924 @ May 12 2020, 06:59 PM)
Yes u right, Remitano admin can assume us as paranoid only since we can't prove anything, unlike localbitcoin we can see the ip address, mostly Nigerian pose as Malaysian using money mule. Can immediately reject them and ask them to cancel. In remitano, you won't able to see the IP, thus getting stolen money is very common there.
good info, will look into localbitcoins as an alternative
Slyke
post Jun 12 2020, 10:52 AM

Casual
322 posts

Any crypto debit available to withdraw cash out of ATM? Preferably with an app that can froze the card if it gets stolen
TSshahrul09
post Jun 13 2020, 12:38 PM

Regular
1,330 posts

QUOTE(Slyke @ Jun 12 2020, 10:52 AM)
Any crypto debit available to withdraw cash out of ATM? Preferably with an app that can froze the card if it gets stolen
In msia? Doesnt have any yet for now.
Can try to signup with crypto.com and wait till they deliver in msia.
If you need referral code let me know, we both can get reward

This post has been edited by shahrul09: Jun 13 2020, 12:38 PM
Slyke
post Jun 14 2020, 10:12 PM

Casual
322 posts

QUOTE(shahrul09 @ Jun 13 2020, 12:38 PM)
In msia? Doesnt have any yet for now.
Can try to signup with crypto.com and wait till they deliver in msia.
If you need referral code let me know, we both can get reward
That's too bad, I think I already registered. I thought there's already one
TSshahrul09
post Jun 19 2020, 04:16 PM

Regular
1,330 posts

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2020/06/16...rm-in-malaysia/

Tried their platform before to withdraw to msia bank. Possible. Just abit slow, real bank kinda organisation. Yeah that typical bank slowness.
But great to see more exchange coming in.
KCY3701
post Jul 15 2020, 05:11 PM

On My Way to Level 50
630 posts

QUOTE(coo|dude @ May 7 2020, 03:51 PM)
For Monaco users in Msia, what is the most economical way to buy MCO? Transferwise?
Now crypto.com waived the 3.5% fees to buy crypto using credit/debit card. But my Maybank debit card doesn't allow it. Should I call Maybank?
ericlaiys
post Jul 15 2020, 08:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,466 posts

QUOTE(KCY3701 @ Jul 15 2020, 05:11 PM)
Now crypto.com waived the 3.5% fees to buy crypto using credit/debit card. But my Maybank debit card doesn't allow it. Should I call Maybank?
credit card dont allow. best option is buy from local exchange like luno which regulated by SC. then transfer to crypto.com

14 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0236sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:03 PM