Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ookyo Gaming Performance(ML/PUBG players needed)

views

hoohaha
post May 16 2019, 02:52 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(triplewhys @ Dec 27 2018, 11:19 PM)
Hi,

Im a hotlink and yoodoo user at the moment and planning to port in to ookyo. I have read a couple of thread review in here about ookyoo and it "sounds" promising.

As much as I like the offer of 4 Apps Unlimited + 8/5GB Data, I still have a bit of a curiosity on how the performance will go.

My usage of data usually around 40gb - 60gb a month, never less nor more. Ookyo offered my most used apps which is Youtube, PubG and ML which is great for only RM30 compare to what I have to pay now for Yoodoo.

Yoodoo is great honestly, it does what as advertised. No lag for gaming, and ACTUALLY provide a high-speed internet.
I get 20mb/ps - 40mb/ps DL with 2mb/ps - 4mb/ps UL speed which is honestly the best I've had so far for a Mobile Data Plan.

Maxis (or product associated with), however, have never cleared my doubt about anything. At least for me.

Gaming and YT performance, for both of this product for me is as below :

Yoodoo constant of full OR 4/5 bar filled
> Mobile Legends : 25ms - 45ms(ave. 30ms)
>PUBG : 50ms - 70ms (ave 65ms)
> Youtube : 1080p no buffer

Hotlink constant of 3/5 OR 4/5 bar filled
> Mobile Legends : 35ms - 80ms (ave. 55ms)
>PUBG : 70ms - 130ms (ave. 95ms)
> YouTube : 480p no buffer(means above that, it starts buffering)

Bought yoodoo solely for gaming and daily usage purpose. Now im planning to switching that to ookyoo as it seems more "worth" but is it really though?

Some ppl still considered 120ms as "ok" or "not lagging" but my gaming lag definition is when ping goes above 70ms. For me that's just unplayable haha
TLDR;

Assuming you have the app ML, PUBG and Youtube as your chosen Unlimited Apps usage,
- What's your ping in gaming(specifically both game above mentioned) using ookyoo so far?
- Does spike lag often happen in gaming(specifically ML)? (Hotlink gave me 2 sec spike for every 3-5min which can be VERY annoying)
- Youtube performance?
- With full bar connection?
My question are very specific cuz I'm not planning to use the sim as my main but only for Data usage. Calls and SMS doesn't affect me so with that being said, those apps are what I'll be using on ookyoo and I just wanna know if the performance is up to par.

Thread in here like I mentioned, made Ookyoo look "promising" which is why Im interested but then I accidentally went to the Playstore review of the Ookyoo app and now Im stuck. The review mostly are not even about the app but about the service given, which is mostly pretty bad.

I dont wanna be cheated like webe/unifi mobile did to me, worst both cs and service ever.

Please help a brother out right here XD

Thanks for reading, hope you can share your thoughts and opinions too.
My girlfried tried ookyo for about 2 months, ported out from DIGI then to ookyo, then umobile giler then now Yoodo. Based on what she shared with me;
- What's your ping in gaming(specifically both game above mentioned) using ookyoo so far? always above 120ms. we play AOV, PUBG and ML, but suffered most in AOV, ML, PUBG (in that order)
- Does spike lag often happen in gaming(specifically ML)? (Hotlink gave me 2 sec spike for every 3-5min which can be VERY annoying) quite often. about the same as hotlink. on very lucky days, it stays constantly under 60ms for ML and under 100ms for AOV.
- Youtube performance? No problem. All good. 720p loads without buffer, unless you damn unlucky suddenly ookyo decides to go nuts.
- With full bar connection? No problem. All good.

Just fyi, CS isn't the best. They dont have a physical store, so everything's online. but even then, the CS also gets back really really slow.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:05 PM