Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Japanese Bidet Toilet

views

halcyon27
post Jan 6 2019, 09:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

Rather than travelling to Japan, Panasonic HK also sells electric bidets.
halcyon27
post Jan 6 2019, 08:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

Just noticed this as posted by Mrs. A in her thread. Posting the images of interest i.e.the location of the power socket for these electric bidet.

user posted image

Perhaps in Japan the socket is protected by GFCI built in within it or at the circuit breaker or isolating switch as shared by bro nasizwan.

Following this principle, the 13A socket where the bidet is installed must be protected by an RCD.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jan 6 2019, 08:21 PM
nasizwan
post Jan 7 2019, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Jan 6 2019, 08:17 PM)
Just noticed this as posted by Mrs. A in her thread. Posting the images of interest i.e.the location of the power socket for these electric bidet.
user posted image

Perhaps in Japan the socket is protected by GFCI built in within it or at the circuit breaker or isolating switch as shared by bro nasizwan.

Following this principle, the 13A socket where the bidet is installed must be protected by an RCD.
The power socket location is exactly the same location at my current home. It's only 1-foot above the ground. Since the toilet already has electric-bidet installed, I don't think we need any handheld bidet installed, or better yet just get it removed to ensure the surrounding area stays dry.

More on the power cable, I think there's some kind of fused-adapter at the end of the electric-bidet power cable that plugs into the socket. I believe it works like a circuit breaker for safety measures.
halcyon27
post Jan 7 2019, 10:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

Roughly a simplification:

Fuse - circuit overload protection by sacrificial burn off otherwise the wires on the appliance would melt or damage the appliance circuitry itself. Like a 10A fuse on certain appliances plugged into a 13A socket. It's to protect the appliance itself from current overload greater than the fuse rating.

Circuit breaker - as above but when current demand load greater than specified for the circuit, it protects by tripping. Like how electrical contractor tap from one 20A circuit to power 4 1HP AC but home owner didn't know but experience intermittent tripping when turning on the fourth one. It protects its circuit from current overload greater than the circuit breaker current rating e.g. 20A.

ELCB - ground fault circuit breaker - current may not be large to trip the circuit or burn the appliance fuse but there is a leakage of current which may kill a user of the appliance. It's placed in the appliance itself. E.g. Water heater and electric bidet. There should be a light or indicator on the bidet's control panel to indicates a earth leakage fault in which case it would break the circuit inside the appliance to prevent risk of electrocution.
user posted image
In Choongster's picture of the Panasonic DL-RJ20 electric bidet, I believe it's at the back where it connects to the seat anchor. There is a green light indication of being powered as normal. There is a large unlit LED above that which I believe is to indicate a fault.

RCD - same principle as ELCB but protects between appliance and the circuit from DB. Can be integrated in a wall socket, outside it but installed between CB and socket outlet both of which affords protection for that socket outlet only. It can even built in on the CB itself to protect that particular circuit in which case it's call RCCB, a particular type of Circuit breaker with residual current detection. Usually 30mA but can be as sensitive as 10mA.

The link from BEAMA.org.uk is a PDF document with very good illustrations and terms of what it is for.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jan 7 2019, 01:11 PM
halcyon27
post Jan 7 2019, 09:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

Not to be left out, one of the well known European manufacturer also producing this. It's electrical and wireless. Macam macam ada.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jan 7 2019, 10:05 PM
halcyon27
post Jan 7 2019, 09:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

Toto showroom in Shinjuku.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Jan 7 2019, 09:59 PM
Nando's
post Apr 17 2019, 02:08 PM

Casual
429 posts

Planning to install one unit, anyone using it? how was it?
halcyon27
post Jun 23 2019, 02:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(Nando's @ Apr 17 2019, 02:08 PM)
Planning to install one unit, anyone using it? how was it?
You may refer to Mrs.A post.
cgamer
post Nov 28 2021, 06:04 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

Use non electric bidet, just don’t have warm water function, no more safety issue
IshyKaur P
post Nov 30 2021, 08:27 PM

Probation
30 posts

QUOTE(cgamer @ Nov 28 2021, 06:04 AM)
Use non electric bidet, just don’t have warm water function, no more safety issue
Yes, I agree with you. It's also alot cheaper.

The washlets are too expensive.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:49 PM