Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Switch connect to external desktop speaker?, Anybody use this kind of method?

views

TSdo117
post Dec 26 2018, 07:29 PM, updated 5 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Tried to plug in my soundbar and 2.0 speaker via 3.5 mm jack when my switch is docked, however there is a loud buzzling sound.

Anyway to overcome this? Im trying to play my switch via monitor and speaker instead of TV

My monitor dont have speaker btw
LegendLee
post Dec 27 2018, 01:05 PM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(do117 @ Dec 26 2018, 07:29 PM)
Tried to plug in my soundbar and 2.0 speaker via 3.5 mm jack when my switch is docked, however there is a loud buzzling sound.

Anyway to overcome this? Im trying to play my switch via monitor and speaker instead of TV

Seems like an electrical ground loop which is quite common.
Does this happen when the switch is undocked ?

TSdo117
post Dec 27 2018, 10:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(LegendLee @ Dec 27 2018, 01:05 PM)
Seems like an electrical ground loop which is quite common.
Does this happen when the switch is undocked ?
I tried to plug in to the speaker undocked, it works alright unless i keep moving my handheld around, i think maybe its cable issue?

However if I plug in to speaker when docked it buzz all the way

headphone via 3.5 works flawlessly in handheld though

I tried google to find solutions on this however the weird thing is I cant seem to find a lot of result via google regarding external speaker with swtich, does most ppl play switch via handheld or TV only?

This post has been edited by do117: Dec 27 2018, 10:32 PM
Rei7
post Dec 28 2018, 12:39 AM

Multi-platformer
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(do117 @ Dec 27 2018, 10:28 PM)
I tried to plug in to the speaker undocked, it works alright unless i keep moving my handheld around, i think maybe its cable issue?

I tried google to find solutions on this however the weird thing is I cant seem to find a lot of result via google regarding external speaker with swtich, does most ppl play switch via handheld or TV only?
grounding problem most likely like previously mentioned.
cmonstar
post Dec 28 2018, 08:47 AM

Getting Started

My speakers are connected directly to the TV via Optical-out. No noise.
LegendLee
post Dec 28 2018, 08:54 AM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon

QUOTE(do117 @ Dec 27 2018, 10:28 PM)

1. Is it a consistent buzz? Does seem like a grounding issue as you only hear it when it’s docked/charged.

2. Cheap 3.5mm TRS jack cable are very prone to interference, however you won’t hear a constant buzz but a fluctuating one. Shorter cables (1meter) are unlikely to have this issue too.

3. Try searching on YouTube. It’s not an uncommon problem.

4. A ground loop isolator might work.
LegendLee
post Dec 28 2018, 08:56 AM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon

QUOTE(cmonstar @ Dec 28 2018, 08:47 AM)
My speakers are connected directly to the TV via Optical-out. No noise.
Optical out / fiber carries light signal and not electrical signals... so confirm won’t have this problem...
Kellicros
post Jan 3 2019, 02:03 PM

www.getto.com.my
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(do117 @ Dec 26 2018, 07:29 PM)

I got the same buzzing sound with my switch to PC Speakers setup too, seems like a grounding issue as others mentioned, I managed to find a cheap fix with a ground loop isolator, you should give it a try:

https://shopee.com.my/product/47653752/1457970495

P.S.:
If your Monitor and Speakers are connected to a PC that is always on(or is on when you're using the switch), you can plug your 3.5mm jack into the PC's line-in port, configure your PC to "Listen" to it and you will be able to control the volume via your PC's volume mixer.

It's pretty cool, you can even have a Switch's icon in the volume mixer. I'm not sure if this affect the sound quality but I'm not an audiophile so I can't really tell a difference. This works best for me as a one time setup and eliminates the needs to mess with cables and volume each time my Switch is docked.

This post has been edited by Kellicros: Jan 3 2019, 02:18 PM
TSdo117
post Jan 9 2019, 07:25 PM

Getting Started

I bought the noise isolator, sound is perfect when connect external speaker to switch via 3.5 jack, however when my switch is connector to monitor via HDMI, sound complete gone sad.gif

anyone have solution for this?

basically:

1. External 2.0 speaker to switch with noise isolator = sound works percfectly
2. External 2.0 speaker to switch with noise isolator, with HDMI to monitor = no sound at all

This post has been edited by do117: Jan 9 2019, 07:27 PM
LegendLee
post Jan 10 2019, 09:16 AM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon

QUOTE(do117 @ Jan 9 2019, 07:25 PM)
I bought the noise isolator, sound is perfect when connect external speaker to switch via 3.5 jack, however when my switch is connector to monitor via HDMI, sound complete gone sad.gif

anyone have solution for this?

basically:

1. External 2.0 speaker to switch with noise isolator = sound works percfectly
2. External 2.0 speaker to switch with noise isolator, with HDMI to monitor = no sound at all
Try re-plugging in the 3.5 plug after connecting to the monitor via hdmi?
I believe this is coz the switch did not auto switch the audio output from hdmi to 3.5mm headphone jack.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0654sec    2.71    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th May 2019 - 08:38 PM