Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Hamilton watches, Information sharing on Hammy :)

views

Syazzeh! P
post Jan 11 2021, 04:42 PM

Probation
2 posts

Hi all.

Very inspiring to see all these watches. I'm planning to get one Hamilton too as personal achievement reward.

I do have questions though.

1. what is the service cost?
2. does the watch accuracy (the plus minus seconds per day) would be significant in like a month time?
watzisname
post Feb 19 2021, 11:23 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

user posted image

Hi guys.. my murph says hello
friedricetheman
post Feb 20 2021, 09:51 AM

Watch Idiot Savant
605 posts

QUOTE(Syazzeh! @ Jan 11 2021, 04:42 PM)
Hi all.

Very inspiring to see all these watches. I'm planning to get one Hamilton too as personal achievement reward.

I do have questions though.

1. what is the service cost?
2. does the watch accuracy (the plus minus seconds per day) would be significant in like a month time?
Service prices for malaysia can be found here:

https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-my/service-prices.html

Watch accuracy out of the box varies from watch to watch as these are mechanical movements. For a watch that is not chronometer certified, if it is more than 8 seconds fast or slow per day, then you will need to bring it back to the service center for regulating. Otherwise, anything below that is normal.

If it’s 8 seconds fast per day, it would deviate by only 240 seconds or 4 minutes per month. If that worries you, then get a chronometer certified movement where the deviation is between -4/+6 per day.
waka14
post Feb 23 2021, 05:09 PM

Casual
305 posts

Hi guys! im looking at getting the hamilton khaki field automatic 38mm...as i am looking around for a cheap price. Is Rm1800 considered okay? or i should go elsewhere? My last contact was with Watatime.

My first swiss automatic piece, all advises are appreciated. thank you
friedricetheman
post Feb 24 2021, 10:06 PM

Watch Idiot Savant
605 posts

QUOTE(waka14 @ Feb 23 2021, 05:09 PM)
Hi guys! im looking at getting the hamilton khaki field automatic 38mm...as i am looking around for a cheap price. Is Rm1800 considered okay? or i should go elsewhere? My last contact was with Watatime.

My first swiss automatic piece, all advises are appreciated. thank you
RM1800 is pretty good as you are getting the 1 year manufacturer’s warranty if you buy from watatime.

For your first automatic piece, I would recommend something more robust like the Tissot Seastar which has better water resistance.

Also, don’t get it on leather strap. Buy it on a metal bracelet and get a leather strap later as it is cheaper to do it that way.
waka14
post Feb 28 2021, 04:45 PM

Casual
305 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Feb 24 2021, 10:06 PM)
RM1800 is pretty good as you are getting the 1 year manufacturer’s warranty if you buy from watatime.

For your first automatic piece, I would recommend something more robust like the Tissot Seastar which has better water resistance.

Also, don’t get it on leather strap. Buy it on a metal bracelet and get a leather strap later as it is cheaper to do it that way.
Hi thanks man! I got a few automatic pieces already, but gootta try the swiss🤣, but why do you say the Tissot is more robust though? Do tell.
friedricetheman
post Feb 28 2021, 09:18 PM

Watch Idiot Savant
605 posts

QUOTE(waka14 @ Feb 28 2021, 04:45 PM)
Hi thanks man! I got a few automatic pieces already, but gootta try the swiss🤣, but why do you say the Tissot is more robust though? Do tell.
Divers in general are more robust due to the better water resistance and thicker case design.

It doesn’t need to be from Tissot but I find the Seastar to be value for money.
waka14
post Today, 12:13 PM

Casual
305 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Feb 28 2021, 09:18 PM)
Divers in general are more robust due to the better water resistance and thicker case design.

It doesn’t need to be from Tissot but I find the Seastar to be value for money.
Thank you for the rekomen 👍🏼, but wanting a Hamilton for some time,, used to window shop la.. Looks really nice in the shop... But outdoors,wah seh the reflection lain macam🤣, I'm searching for possible fix hahah

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
friedricetheman
post Today, 02:26 PM

Watch Idiot Savant
605 posts

QUOTE(waka14 @ Mar 2 2021, 12:13 PM)
Thank you for the rekomen 👍🏼, but wanting a Hamilton for some time,, used to window shop la.. Looks really nice in the shop... But outdoors,wah seh the reflection lain macam🤣, I'm searching for possible fix hahah
The sapphire Crystal has no AR coating hence the reflective surface.
waka14
post Today, 04:17 PM

Casual
305 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Mar 2 2021, 02:26 PM)
The sapphire Crystal has no AR coating hence the reflective surface.
Really like the piece though, was wondering if there's any experts who does ar coating here for hammy's

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.96    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd March 2021 - 06:52 PM