Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Insurance Talk V5!, Anything and everything about Insurance

views

SUShioniq
post Dec 24 2018, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Lately I bought the aia a-life cancer360 but I found there are incorrect answers on the self declaration in the form I.e. is any of your immediate family had cancer and have you performed medical checkup last year. Both are yes but my agent just helped me tick no. I whatsapp him and also submitted the question in aia portal but they never reply me. This makes me worry because in the policy there is clause to reject claim should I lie in the self declaration. So the question is will it affect my claim since I already informed them but they just ignore my questions?
SUShioniq
post Jun 3 2019, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Can anyone recommend medical insurance for newborn? Please share the monthly cost and benefits. Thanks in adv
SUShioniq
post Jun 4 2019, 07:55 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(HoNeYdEwBoY @ Jun 3 2019, 05:50 PM)
Hi. You just want stand-alone medical card or invested link? How old is the payer and occupation?
Investment link, payer is IT manager and 41 years old
SUShioniq
post Jun 12 2019, 09:26 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

My current premium is rm200/month for the great Eastern investment link insurance. Now I want to top up the premium from 200 to 250 but my policy already more than 7 years i.e. the premium allocation rate is 100% that all rm200 will be used to buy new units. So will it reset the allocation rate when I top up the premium? Or it start the new allocation rate just for the top up amount rm50?
SUShioniq
post Jun 12 2019, 10:09 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(Holocene @ Jun 12 2019, 10:01 PM)
Only the 50 ringgit portion.

You can request to top up via their investment portion rather than premium if your sole purpose is to increase the sustainability.

Best,
Jiansheng
Thanks for the info
SUShioniq
post Jun 13 2019, 01:57 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Jun 13 2019, 12:07 PM)
ILP is cheaper overtime as the cost of insurance charges is lower than pure standalone.
XD email GE and tell them that la, they don't read Lowyat forum
Agreed, ge funds really poor performance. My son's Allianz very good, the nav increased from 1.4 to 1.7 for the Dana padu
SUShioniq
post Jul 9 2019, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

Just share my experience, I requested top up rm50 / month for my sons' insurance with GE and Allianz. Allianz is currently in progress however the GE requested me to submit my full medical report. I strongly feel Allianz service is much better and customer friendly, GE insurance already effective 3years plus and the top up mainly for my son, however they worry about my health condition as payor. I will terminate GE and transfer to Allianz if things not work out well
SUShioniq
post Jul 9 2019, 12:01 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Jul 9 2019, 11:02 AM)
Top up as in just putting additional premium or change in benefit?

If change in benefit they would just require to declare your current health status which is applicable to all insurance company.

However if there is a pre existing illness previously then they may require to do a check up on its status
Top up with additional riders. The medical rider has annual limit 120k, so wanna add the extended to increase 10x annual limit for extra 1.2m annual limit. Same I requested to Allianz to convert the medical annual limit from 100k to 1m. But the GE process is tedious as they need my medical report.
SUShioniq
post Jul 9 2019, 01:33 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Jul 9 2019, 12:41 PM)
If I were you, I would want to double confirm with Allianz that there is no requirement to declare / underwrite. As some agents may simply tick off the form to say you’re healthy etc therefore it may be overlooked.
Same process were done with both ge and Allianz agents. I met them face to face and gave out same info. Allianz process my request without asking further info, however the GE agent returned and asked me for my medical report. Hence i strongly feel GE process is really tedious as I only requested to top up rm50/month and the reason is very obvious to increase my son's medical benefits. Base on this experience I strongly suggest to go for allianz ILP to avoid the hassle in future when you want to increase benefits and top up monthly premium
SUShioniq
post Jul 9 2019, 06:30 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(ckdenion @ Jul 9 2019, 04:44 PM)
asides from premium top up, what other benefits do you add on GE and Allianz respectively?
Both ILP insurance so there is feature to top up premium subject on approval. I requested the same to enhance the annual limit of medical insurance only as 100k per year seems too low. And as usual the payor waiver shd be changed from rm200 to rm250 as well, but such request ge asked for medical report on top of my self declaration. This is their right and I have to obey.
SUShioniq
post Jul 9 2019, 09:00 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(ckdenion @ Jul 9 2019, 08:01 PM)
your child has 1 medical plan under GE and 1 medical plan under Allianz?
2 children
SUShioniq
post Jul 22 2019, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

If we cancel GE ILP and buy another one, how long we should keep the GE before cancel it? As there will be waiting period on new insurance for some coverages
SUShioniq
post Jul 22 2019, 03:14 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Jul 22 2019, 03:09 PM)
waiting period is 120 days for medical coverage with specified illness applicable to all insurance company.
Ic, thanks for the info

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1446sec    0.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:54 AM