Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Pork Free/Halal Chinese Wedding

views

TSWatta??
post Dec 20 2018, 10:42 PM, updated 6y ago

Regular
1,047 posts

Hi guys and gals,

My fiancee and I are gonna get married next year in September. I know we're a little short on time, but anyone know of any good pork free/halal places for chinese wedding banquet in the Klang Valley?
My budget is approx 1200-1600 per table and gonna have about 30-35 tables.
Currently looking at Sime Darby Convention Centre and Setia Convention Centre.
Wanted to get Hao Xiang Chi in Setia Alam for the amazing decor and good pricing but the date I'm looking at is already fully booked.

Thanks in advance!
Plotz Studio
post Dec 21 2018, 10:31 AM

1 posts

you can check out ah yat abalone kl... if not mistaken also halal. recently did a wedding there ..

Has xiang chi also quite nice but too bad its fully booked.
empire
post Dec 21 2018, 01:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(Plotz Studio @ Dec 21 2018, 10:31 AM)
you can check out ah yat abalone kl... if not mistaken also halal. recently did a wedding there ..

Has xiang chi also quite nice but too bad its fully booked.
Ah Yat is not halal. TO be halal your restaurant MUST have the HALAL Cert from JAKIM! Restaurants that dont serve pork are still not Halal. Remember this!
TSWatta??
post Dec 21 2018, 03:09 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

I'm actually looking for pork-free as i'll still be serving alcohol.
Any recommendations?
empire
post Dec 23 2018, 01:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

Sime Darby Convention Centre is decent. By the way, if you are also considering a good Wedding MC, PM me. I will recommend you a very witty MC.
thisisbii
post Dec 24 2018, 09:23 AM

3 posts

you can try kingdom palace - banquet hall at 3 damansara. they recently just renovated, so the hall not bad with high ceiling. Their foods are halal. Just attended someone wedding there, the foods are good.

user posted image

This post has been edited by thisisbii: Dec 24 2018, 09:24 AM
empire
post Dec 24 2018, 10:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(thisisbii @ Dec 24 2018, 09:23 AM)
you can try kingdom palace - banquet hall at 3 damansara. they recently just renovated, so the hall not bad with high ceiling. Their foods are halal. Just attended someone wedding there, the foods are good.

user posted image
you mean you saw the HALAL cert there? Or you just assume it is halal?
empire
post Dec 24 2018, 02:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

People still dont understand : without HALAL cert from JAKIm.... the restaurant is not HALAL! It doesnt matter if they got pork in the menu or not. as long as there is no HALAL CERT from Jakim...the place is TAK HALAL.

Chickens have to be slaughtered in the Islamic way by a CERTIFIED Jakim slaughterer... then baru JAKIM will acknowledge it. If the chicken is slaughtered by a Muslim Slaughterer who is NOT certified by Jakim, it is still not halal.

In Chinese restaurants, all chickens that were supplied to them were slaughtered by Myanmar, Vietnam and Chinese people. You call this Halal is it?

'PORK FREE' restaurants are not HALAL to Muslims cos the Chickens were not slaughtered by a CERTIFIED JAKIM slaughterer. You all understand now?

So pls stop the silly ' OH this place is halal cos they dont serve pork' kindergarden nonsense.

This post has been edited by empire: Dec 24 2018, 02:19 PM
TSWatta??
post Dec 24 2018, 04:46 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(empire @ Dec 24 2018, 02:15 PM)
People still dont understand : without HALAL cert from JAKIm.... the restaurant is not HALAL! It doesnt matter if they got pork in the menu or not. as long as there is no HALAL CERT from Jakim...the place is TAK HALAL.

Chickens have to be slaughtered in the Islamic way by a CERTIFIED Jakim slaughterer... then baru JAKIM will acknowledge it. If the chicken is slaughtered by a Muslim Slaughterer who is NOT certified by Jakim, it is still not halal.

In Chinese restaurants, all chickens that were supplied to them were slaughtered by Myanmar, Vietnam and Chinese people. You call this Halal is it?

'PORK FREE' restaurants are not HALAL to Muslims cos the Chickens were not slaughtered by a CERTIFIED JAKIM slaughterer. You all understand now?

So pls stop the silly ' OH this place is halal cos they dont serve pork' kindergarden nonsense.
Thank you for all your input!
And yes, I do agree with you regarding halal and pork free restaurants.
However, my guest are okay with it being pork free thus not much of an issue for me on that.
I've asked Sime Darby, but the main issue is they either have maximum 30 tables or minimum 40 tables.
Whereby Im looking at around 35 tables thus unable to settle for Sime Darby.
TSWatta??
post Dec 24 2018, 04:47 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(thisisbii @ Dec 24 2018, 09:23 AM)

user posted image
Thank you very much for your input!
Will check them out. Thanks! biggrin.gif
empire
post Dec 25 2018, 02:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(Watta?? @ Dec 24 2018, 04:47 PM)
Thank you very much for your input!
Will check them out. Thanks!  biggrin.gif
you are wrong! They are not HALAL! can you show me the HALAL cert from them? YOu cant! Pls la...enough of all these ' they dont serve pork so it is halal nonsense!'

This post has been edited by empire: Dec 25 2018, 12:54 PM
make87
post Dec 25 2018, 02:34 AM

On my way
684 posts

Most 5 star Hotel restaurant certified with Halal, just do in hotel for convenience
webking911
post Dec 25 2018, 02:55 PM

6 posts

Pork free and halal is different.. If you want halal then hotel ballroom is your only choice..
if pork free.. this is super easy with every restaurant.. just tell them u wan pork free, den dey can do for u.. even u request shark fin free also will do...
ervinlew
post Dec 26 2018, 01:46 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

seem like "HALAL" this word become so sensitive. people mention guess is ok with just pork free. no "HALAL" cert is required to be presented infront of the guess or what so ever.

think now adays people are over reacting sometime. be calm and cool walk it thru.
KohSin
post Dec 26 2018, 03:14 PM

Enthusiast
721 posts

Silka hotel cheras central i think is halal...u can call and ask...my husband shoot there before.....but the condition is a bit old...
TSWatta??
post Dec 26 2018, 04:55 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

thank you all for the suggestions and i agree with Erwin Lew, there is no need for all the over reacting as my guest are fine with both Pork Free and Halal.
I am just looking for suggestions and both options are fine with my guest.
Anyway, just spoke with Setia City Convention Center, Nexus Connexion and Sime Darby Convention Center, all 3 confirmed with me they have Halal certification for anyone else looking for Halal places.
empire
post Dec 26 2018, 11:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(Watta?? @ Dec 26 2018, 04:55 PM)
thank you all for the suggestions and i agree with Erwin Lew, there is no need for all the over reacting as my guest are fine with both Pork Free and Halal.
I am just looking for suggestions and both options are fine with my guest.
Anyway, just spoke with Setia City Convention Center, Nexus Connexion and Sime Darby Convention Center, all 3 confirmed with me they have Halal certification for anyone else looking for Halal places.
which venue are you keen on ?

TSWatta??
post Dec 27 2018, 10:00 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(empire @ Dec 26 2018, 11:13 PM)
which venue are you keen on ?
Well, most likely going to go with Setia Convention Center as the customer service from them is the best compared to all the other venues I've spoken with.
But they are quite expensive compared to sime darby though.
matdin07
post Dec 27 2018, 10:05 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(empire @ Dec 24 2018, 02:15 PM)

hmmm, kinda disagree on this
matdin07
post Dec 27 2018, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(empire @ Dec 25 2018, 02:30 AM)
you are wrong! They are not HALAL! can you show me the HALAL cert from them? YOu cant! Pls la...enough of all these ' they dont serve pork so it is halal nonsense!'
calm down bro, you can't put everything that doesn't have halal cert as haram
Plotz Studio
post Dec 27 2018, 01:05 PM

1 posts

Chill bro.. there's nothing to be offensive regarding the halal or pork free issue... just giving some suggestion to watta... of course I believe watta will clarify again with all the suggestion above whether it is really got halal cert or not..

empire
post Dec 27 2018, 03:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

QUOTE(Watta?? @ Dec 27 2018, 10:00 AM)
Well, most likely going to go with Setia Convention Center as the customer service from them is the best compared to all the other venues I've spoken with.
But they are quite expensive compared to sime darby though.
Setia Convention Center's food is not as good as Sime Darby's. Maybe cos Sime Darby has always taken pride in its food all these years. Well, up to you. As long as your guests like the food. In all Wedding dinners...we cant please everyone. there are bound to be some people who will complain about this and that. Anyway, good luck to you bro. Hope your venue choice is a wise one.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.60    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:53 PM