Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Subaru SC Staffs used friend's XV...

views

Duckies
post Dec 20 2018, 04:16 PM

Rubber Ducky
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Dec 20 2018, 04:14 PM)
every SC practices such act but short distance is fine(maybe to test the car after service)
but 1.5 is not only unacceptable, it's also unethical
this is why i recommend every car owner to have a dash cam in their car, u can catch all sort of BS thing in the process laugh.gif

2 other things that is a common SC ppl and workshop ppl's practice that i cannot accept
1. pull my handbrake to full
2. deliberately adjust my a/c temp to the lowest and put the fans to very high(AND DON'T even have the courtesy to adjust it back) = are u so cold until u need to do that?
Is it their SOP to do that? They did the same to mine as well.
MR_alien
post Dec 20 2018, 04:24 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(Duckies @ Dec 20 2018, 04:16 PM)
Is it their SOP to do that? They did the same to mine as well.
nope...not even near SOP
they have no point pulling the handbrake because after they're on the jack, they will put into P and it's a flat surface
for the a/c, if they wanted to test if it's still cold, they can put the fan to no.1, it's more than enough to test if the a/c is still cold
because if it's cold enough for the owner, how can it be not enough for the mechanic to feel? laugh.gif

the purpose of them doing so is to accelerate the damage so u can return to them for repair when it breaks

whenever i get back my car, the aircon will always in it's lowest temp and the highest fan, handbrake will be pulled to the highest(which is why until today i love cars with rear disc brake for this purpose)
theanswer
post Dec 20 2018, 05:53 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(slaveone @ Dec 20 2018, 03:22 PM)
they should investigate the corruption reaches up to which level
agree. they got service sop..mech missing up to 1 1/2 hours, simple servicing took long time...
jVIPERs2
post Dec 20 2018, 07:51 PM

LY.N Enthusiast

He made 2 stops before the drop off...wonder what’s that about...

Keep us posted on the action taken by Subaru
Glau
post Dec 21 2018, 07:09 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Omg! That is the sc I send my car too.
mushigen
post Dec 21 2018, 08:31 AM

Casual

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Dec 20 2018, 04:24 PM)
nope...not even near SOP
they have no point pulling the handbrake because after they're on the jack, they will put into P and it's a flat surface
for the a/c, if they wanted to test if it's still cold, they can put the fan to no.1, it's more than enough to test if the a/c is still cold
because if it's cold enough for the owner, how can it be not enough for the mechanic to feel? laugh.gif

the purpose of them doing so is to accelerate the damage so u can return to them for repair when it breaks

whenever i get back my car, the aircon will always in it's lowest temp and the highest fan, handbrake will be pulled to the highest(which is why until today i love cars with rear disc brake for this purpose)
Do you think they earn more for warranty claim case on the aircon that they purposely spoil, compared to freeing up the slot to service another car?
MR_alien
post Dec 21 2018, 08:39 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(mushigen @ Dec 21 2018, 08:31 AM)
Do you think they earn more for warranty claim case on the aircon that they purposely spoil, compared to freeing up the slot to service another car?
there is never a warranty claim for a/c unless factory fault
that's why i say they accelerate the damage because by the time it spoilt, you're already out of warranty
all manufacturer's a/c warranty if not wrong is like 2/3 years only
stinky
post Dec 21 2018, 08:45 AM

Regular

Well, last time my sis send her car to Korean car K** to service.
Everytime, they charges full bottle of engine oil, but the engine only can consume 1L less than the full bottle. They never return the extras.

My dad is someone who reads the manual and realizes this. After that, my dad always insist they return the extras. after 4 or 5 times service, can save 1 bottle.

Imagine people who doesnt know about this. SC sure untung gila.
mushigen
post Dec 21 2018, 08:47 AM

Casual

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Dec 21 2018, 08:39 AM)
there is never a warranty claim for a/c unless factory fault
that's why i say they accelerate the damage because by the time it spoilt, you're already out of warranty
all manufacturer's a/c warranty if not wrong is like 2/3 years only
Define factory fault.
So, what fault will you get by switching it at lowest temperature and highest fan setting for 10 - 20 minutes twice a year?
So you reckon they'll put a few micro grams of sand in your engine oil compartment during each servicing, by the time the engine kaput the warranty expires?
stinky
post Dec 21 2018, 08:47 AM

Regular

Put the salesman in jail and the shop too
MR_alien
post Dec 21 2018, 08:57 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(mushigen @ Dec 21 2018, 08:47 AM)
Define factory fault.
So, what fault will you get by switching it at lowest temperature and highest fan setting for 10 - 20 minutes twice a year?
So you reckon they'll put a few micro grams of sand in your engine oil compartment during each servicing, by the time the engine kaput the warranty expires?
factory fault meaning factory defect, whole system needs to be replace
or some bad installation that is done at the factory that needs to be rectified
like previously got a civic with bad hosing done in factory, causing the compressor and the interior to be flooded by water

putting the a/c in lowest temp and highest fan accelerate the rate of damage on top of your daily usage, ppl forgot they use it daily too
u say it as if your a/c is only used 10-20 min twice per year laugh.gif
the concept is simple, if mid temp and no.1 fan is cold enough for the owner, why do the mechanic need to push it to lowest temp and highest fan to test it? hmm.gif laugh.gif
no.2 does the mechanic switch lowest temperature and highest fan on their own car? hmm.gif ...if no, why are they setting in on customer's car???
if u don't eat sh*t, thn don't serve your customer with sh*t

as for the engine oil, the quality of the engine oil is unknown...most SC nowadays will use drum oil
only a few SC will use bottled oil which quality is guaranteed, how to know?...if they use bottled oil...they will give u back the leftover in the bottle
xemoboyx
post Dec 21 2018, 09:59 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(stinky @ Dec 21 2018, 08:45 AM)
Well, last time my sis send her car to Korean car K** to service.
Everytime, they charges full bottle of engine oil, but the engine only can consume 1L less than the full bottle. They never return the extras.

My dad is someone who reads the manual and realizes this. After that, my dad always insist they return the extras. after 4 or 5 times service, can save 1 bottle.

Imagine people who doesnt know about this. SC sure untung gila.
It is hard to say for this case...

if they charge u for example 5 liter and your car can only put 4.3 liter, then u got right to ask back how much liter it is left over loh... like my ex vw, it is specific litters one, plus they pump their oil from the tong.. so confirm no extra engine oil. I don't think service center still using engine oil bottle d, mostly using big gallons of tong for cheaper cost..
xemoboyx
post Dec 21 2018, 10:01 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Dec 21 2018, 08:57 AM)
factory fault meaning factory defect, whole system needs to be replace
or some bad installation that is done at the factory that needs to be rectified
like previously got a civic with bad hosing done in factory, causing the compressor and the interior to be flooded by water

putting the a/c in lowest temp and highest fan accelerate the rate of damage on top of your daily usage, ppl forgot they use it daily too
u say it as if your a/c is only used 10-20 min twice per year laugh.gif
the concept is simple, if mid temp and no.1 fan is cold enough for the owner, why do the mechanic need to push it to lowest temp and highest fan to test it? hmm.gif  laugh.gif
no.2  does the mechanic switch lowest temperature and highest fan on their own car? hmm.gif ...if no, why are they setting in on customer's car???
if u don't eat sh*t, thn don't serve your customer with sh*t

as for the engine oil, the quality of the engine oil is unknown...most SC nowadays will use drum oil
only a few SC will use bottled oil which quality is guaranteed, how to know?...if they use bottled oil...they will give u back the leftover in the bottle
hey... bottle or drum oil, i don't think there is any difference anyways. SC will have the right connection to get legit oil, because they're representing a big corporation.

I duno la, i tend to believe that SC won't cheap out on stuff like oil gua...
MR_alien
post Dec 21 2018, 10:07 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(xemoboyx @ Dec 21 2018, 10:01 AM)
hey... bottle or drum oil, i don't think there is any difference anyways. SC will have the right connection to get legit oil, because they're representing a big corporation.

I duno la, i tend to believe that SC won't cheap out on stuff like oil gua...
how can u know?
how can u be sure?
this is not the 1st time SC cheat their customer already
previously many case they say change this and that, at the end, found out they never even touch anything at all

if bottled oil, it's sealed..they poured it in, the oil is guarantee
the drum oil?...source is unknown, quality is unknown..did they even pump the oil from the drum to your engine also unknown because they never gave u back the leftover but they charged u 4L of oil money
xemoboyx
post Dec 21 2018, 10:14 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Dec 21 2018, 10:07 AM)
how can u know?
how can u be sure?
this is not the 1st time SC cheat their customer already
previously many case they say change this and that, at the end, found out they never even touch anything at all

if bottled oil, it's sealed..they poured it in, the oil is guarantee
the drum oil?...source is unknown, quality is unknown..did they even pump the oil from the drum to your engine also unknown because they never gave u back the leftover but they charged u 4L of oil money
Official service center is related to car company, and hence they will have quality control and checking often like twice or 3 times a year.... Also depend on what company, for German car makers, their service center will be audited and checked frequently by HQ... so no way they can pull off this shit...

Maybe some SC cheat customer, i can't deny that... it will happen, especially if those who just send in car and take out car without checking.. For me, before paying, i will sure ask to see the engine oil condition and oil filter condition before i proceed with the bill... If you are diligent enough, u can always marking your oil filter, air filter and cabin filter to double check and proof if they really did the job...

some sc are really pricks.. but some have quality. You can't bunch them up together.
MR_alien
post Dec 21 2018, 10:57 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(xemoboyx @ Dec 21 2018, 10:14 AM)
Official service center is related to car company, and hence they will have quality control and checking often like twice or 3 times a year.... Also depend on what company, for German car makers, their service center will be audited and checked frequently by HQ... so no way they can pull off this shit...

Maybe some SC cheat customer, i can't deny that... it will happen, especially if those who just send in car and take out car without checking.. For me, before paying, i will sure ask to see the engine oil condition and oil filter condition before i proceed with the bill... If you are diligent enough, u can always marking your oil filter, air filter and cabin filter to double check and proof if they really did the job...

some sc are really pricks.. but some have quality. You can't bunch them up together.
that is what they did to catch them not doing anything to their car but being charged full price
xemoboyx
post Dec 21 2018, 11:17 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Dec 21 2018, 10:57 AM)
that is what they did to catch them not doing anything to their car but being charged full price
that is a real bad service center then, should put on google review and warn others...
rcracer
post Dec 21 2018, 01:43 PM

?????

Well done
AtMostFear
post Dec 21 2018, 02:43 PM

On my way

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Dec 20 2018, 04:14 PM)
every SC practices such act but short distance is fine(maybe to test the car after service)
but 1.5 is not only unacceptable, it's also unethical
this is why i recommend every car owner to have a dash cam in their car, u can catch all sort of BS thing in the process laugh.gif

2 other things that is a common SC ppl and workshop ppl's practice that i cannot accept
1. pull my handbrake to full
2. deliberately adjust my a/c temp to the lowest and put the fans to very high(AND DON'T even have the courtesy to adjust it back) = are u so cold until u need to do that?
I also very fussy but chill a bit la.

SC adjust my side mirror so they trying to accelerate mirror damage also?
MR_alien
post Dec 21 2018, 02:47 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(AtMostFear @ Dec 21 2018, 02:43 PM)
I also very fussy but chill a bit la.

SC adjust my side mirror so they trying to accelerate mirror damage also?
adjust side mirror or seat i can still understand
but adjusting "wear & tear" item, this i cannot accept and no point for them doing so as well
adjust side mirror cannot see, adjust seat beside seats too front, all i can accept
but no reason to pull the handbrake that hard and set the a/c till that cold laugh.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0896sec    2.63    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2019 - 02:04 PM