Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The case of the ex-bf

views

hanii
post Dec 18 2018, 11:20 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(wheelcartcathy @ Dec 18 2018, 09:22 AM)
Unfortunately, I still do have feelings for him. I admit he is a good sweet talker
Girl, block and ignore him. And don't buy into his shit of "let's be friends" stuffs. You need a break.
Pete the great
post Dec 18 2018, 02:00 PM

On my way
519 posts

QUOTE(laith @ Dec 18 2018, 11:56 AM)
Change phone number worst case scenario.
that's defeating the purpose means TS has to inconvenient herself just for ex bf sake

Also its for TS own self esteem restoration by cutting off from ex bf

please cut off your FB from ex bf, make sure it stop transmitting all his progress on fb.

TSwheelcartcathy
post Dec 18 2018, 09:50 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(hanii @ Dec 18 2018, 11:20 AM)
Girl, block and ignore him. And don't buy into his shit of "let's be friends" stuffs. You need a break.
Ya, am trying very hard to not give in to him being sweet

QUOTE(pandera999 @ Dec 18 2018, 09:27 AM)
sweet talker... no wonder...  nuff said...  laugh.gif  feel like, u might end up hurt ur ownself by uncertainty signal and hope that he gave...
Sweet talker and also knows how be sweet to me. My car battery died once and he came all the way to help me change my battery. Then another time I was about to look around for a plumber to fix my clogged sink and he insisted that I shouldn't waste my money on calling a plumber when he can fix it up for me.

And no, he didnt ask for any sexual favours in return...
SGSuser
post Dec 18 2018, 10:18 PM

In your way
2,423 posts

QUOTE(wheelcartcathy @ Dec 18 2018, 09:50 PM)
Sweet talker and also knows how be sweet to me. My car battery died once and he came all the way to help me change my battery. Then another time I was about to look around for a plumber to fix my clogged sink and he insisted that I shouldn't waste my money on calling a plumber when he can fix it up for me.

Hi there, single and ready to mingle?
tutuyao
post Dec 19 2018, 01:04 AM

noob
870 posts

QUOTE(wheelcartcathy @ Dec 18 2018, 09:50 PM)

Does it sound right to you when he got a gf but still being sweet to you? Does his gf knows about this?

Maybe he doesn’t ask for anything in return but you could be his plan B or a “long term investment”?

He knows exactly where is your weakness. Let me ask you this question. Before you broke up with him and you found out that he is being sweet to other girl. How would you feel? Is this that kind of guy you want to spend the rest of your life with?
ymc2303
post Dec 19 2018, 01:30 PM

On my way
592 posts

don't crawl back to the mess that you had previously crawl out.. whatever the reason that made both of you break up also mean both of you won't want to get back into the relationship.
mushigen
post Dec 19 2018, 03:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(ymc2303 @ Dec 19 2018, 01:30 PM)
don't crawl back to the mess that you had previously crawl out.. whatever the reason that made both of you break up also mean both of you won't want to get back into the relationship.
I think she didn't crawl out, but kena chased out.
J1g54w
post Dec 20 2018, 01:05 AM

Regular
1,449 posts

QUOTE(wheelcartcathy @ Dec 17 2018, 10:55 AM)
my ex-bf has already found a new gf but yet he still tries ways to keep in touch with me. He just makes small chit chat but he will try to make it a "double meaning" if there is a chance. When I ask for a simple meet-up then he comes up with a 1001 excuses to not meet up... "I'm tired" la... "I need to take my parents to the clinic for follow-up" la.... "My gf will kill me" la...

If he has no interest in me then why does he still tries so hard to keep in touch with me? I have already tried to ignore him, his messages but he keeps on trying. Maybe I am too soft by giving in to replying to his messages after 100 times but why is he doing this?
Best if you just be upfront with him and tell him that what he's doing is bothering you. It sounds like he's just trying to keep you on the hook and it's very unfair for you.
feedmyspitz
post Dec 20 2018, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

The question is
Are you still single?
ZZR-Pilot
post Dec 20 2018, 06:39 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(wheelcartcathy @ Dec 17 2018, 11:55 AM)
my ex-bf has already found a new gf but yet he still tries ways to keep in touch with me. He just makes small chit chat but he will try to make it a "double meaning" if there is a chance. When I ask for a simple meet-up then he comes up with a 1001 excuses to not meet up... "I'm tired" la... "I need to take my parents to the clinic for follow-up" la.... "My gf will kill me" la...

If he has no interest in me then why does he still tries so hard to keep in touch with me? I have already tried to ignore him, his messages but he keeps on trying. Maybe I am too soft by giving in to replying to his messages after 100 times but why is he doing this?
No no no...the question is why haven't you blocked him off completely on ur phone & social media?

Therein lies the answer.

darkvader1203
post Dec 27 2018, 06:15 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

ex bf found gf why you still hoping on him? If he can do that with her? What makes you think he wont do the same with you.
rauma
post Jan 8 2019, 04:25 AM

15 posts

Of course he'd still like to keep in touch with you. After breaking up, you're immediately strangers? You shared fond memories together. Why would it be hard to still be friends?

You admit you still have feelings for him, albeit a little. It's okay. And he's not wrong mentioning what his gf would think. He's considerate of what she would be thinking. If you were with someone, wouldn't you want your other half to behave the same?

Why does he need to behave like the creeps people see on TV? Just because he helps around doesn't mean he has intentions of taking advantage of you. You're lucky to have a friend who does it without asking anything in return. Just don't hope you will suddenly get back together with him. Reading the thread, he's vilified for being a good friend. We're not teenagers anymore.
Kekikan
post Jan 10 2019, 02:31 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(wheelcartcathy @ Dec 17 2018, 10:55 AM)

Regardless of what his real intentions are, I think if you really want to get over him, you should just block him. There's no point of continuing or being soft-hearted when he has already moved on with another girl. He's not worth your time, and you deserve better.
Blofeld
post Jan 11 2019, 09:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(rauma @ Jan 8 2019, 04:25 AM)
Of course he'd still like to keep in touch with you. After breaking up, you're immediately strangers? You shared fond memories together. Why would it be hard to still be friends?

You admit you still have feelings for him, albeit a little. It's okay. And he's not wrong mentioning what his gf would think. He's considerate of what she would be thinking. If you were with someone, wouldn't you want your other half to behave the same?

Why does he need to behave like the creeps people see on TV? Just because he helps around doesn't mean he has intentions of taking advantage of you. You're lucky to have a friend who does it without asking anything in return. Just don't hope you will suddenly get back together with him. Reading the thread, he's vilified for being a good friend. We're not teenagers anymore.
THIS

I read some replies, block this, block that.

Come on...are you all still teenagers?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.12    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:37 AM