Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Go low calories for lose weight

views

TSnicefriendly
post Dec 13 2018, 01:30 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
88 posts

Hi all,

I wanted to lose some weight or at least keep the curent weight.

Last time i tried to eat very less, it did lost weight, but very soon i felt not hungry even not eating. After some time i start to gain back the weight even eat less, i heard like it is something related to metabolism slow down.

My question is, if i eat until full but only eat very low calories food like vegetable/tofu plus a little bit of rice, will my metabolism still slow down? and can i lose weight by doing this?

Thanks.
nightshade_nova
post Dec 13 2018, 02:06 PM

Casual
443 posts

You gain back your weight because your hormones are not balanced.
Insulin and glucagon.

You need to understand why metabolism slows down. Watch this video.

Basically, metabolism slows down if your body cant use your fat as fuel, due to the presence of too much insulin circulated in your body.
To keep/increase metabolism, you need to decrease insulin spikes by reducing the number of times you eat per day.
This way, your body can use your fat when you lower your calorie intake, and doesnt have to slow down metabolism.

Search for OMAD (one meal a day) intermittent fasting and ketogenic diet.
The effect is best if you can do both. But even eating one meal a day is very impactful.
Advantages:

1. One big meal a day, you will learn how it truly feels to be "full" haha
2. One big meal a day means lower calorie per day is automated (you dont even have to count calories!)
3. Save A LOT of money, and you can focus on getting enough micronutrients and buying/cooking delicious food
4. After 3-4 days, your hunger hormone ghrelin will be completely regulated. The only hunger you will feel is psychological hunger, and not bodily/physiological hunger
5. Your insulin level will be lowered significantly = no low metabolism
6. Your bodily inflammation will be reduced because your body has plenty of time to get rid of toxic, inflammatory stuff without you adding more by constantly eating. You will see your skin, face especially, clearing up. I've known some ppl who said they "cant eat eggs, cos they will get pimples". After doing OMAD, eating eggs no longer causes pimples for them. My theory is that eating eggs only inflame them. But when inflammation is low, they can eat whatever and have no big inflammatory effects.

You absolutely have to give up snacks and social eating with this method tho.
But I guarantee you, it's worth it. thumbup.gif
TSnicefriendly
post Dec 13 2018, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

This look like extreme starvation method, more aggresive than my eat less method.. haha biggrin.gif
So it seem like starvation have no direct relation with metabolism slow down?
nightshade_nova
post Dec 13 2018, 04:14 PM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(nicefriendly @ Dec 13 2018, 03:43 PM)
This look like extreme starvation method, more aggresive than my eat less method.. haha biggrin.gif

Bro watch the video. You dont starve. This is science-based. Your low calorie nonsense is more damaging according to researches.
You eat once a day, but you eat a lot to make up for 2 or 3 meals a day.
It's about regulating hormone.

From evolutionary perspective, this is how humans have lived. We dont constantly eat. We hunt, we fast, we eat.

Your body dont starve so easily. Most people dont even know what's the true definition of starvation mode. People dont even enter that state unless more than 2-3 days fasting.
Ppl nowadays dont eat for 6 hours = starving lol.

Up to you. You dont do your own research, you will keep failing.

axtray
post Dec 13 2018, 05:53 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(nicefriendly @ Dec 13 2018, 03:43 PM)
how is eating very less not starving yourself?

Keep track of what you eat. reduce the portion bit by bit. easiest portion to reduce will be the carbs. keep the protein intake as high as possible. So this means reduce the rice, keep the chicken/beef portion the same. Maintain 2 weeks, check progress. if no progress, further reduce the rice again.

get rid of junk food/snacks.

Above method if you are lazy to keep track of your caloric intake.

If you can somehow keep track of your caloric intake, you'll know the reason why you're not loosing weight, or even gaining quickly after the weight loss.

Ch33r
post Dec 13 2018, 06:54 PM

Casual
347 posts

QUOTE(nicefriendly @ Dec 13 2018, 01:30 PM)
Hi all,

I wanted to lose some weight or at least keep the curent weight.

Last time i tried to eat very less, it did lost weight, but very soon i felt not hungry even not eating. After some time i start to gain back the weight even eat less, i heard like it is something related to metabolism slow down.

My question is, if i eat until full but only eat very low calories food like vegetable/tofu plus a little bit of rice, will my metabolism still slow down? and can i lose weight by doing this?

Thanks.
All because of the BMR, if you willing I can share the knowledge to you as my partner is fitness coach help ppl to train and lose weight.
lowlowc
post Dec 15 2018, 09:57 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

Believe me, I've tried low calorie diet before to lose weight. It didn't work!
When you start to eat back normal, you will gain back really fast. Even if you continue the low calorie, your body will get used to it and you will no longer lose weight.

I tried paleo diet (but I took the 90% vegetarian 10% meat approach) and lose weight really well. I remember I only eat meat twice a week. Unlimited vegetables (cooked any ways) & fruits + normal portion rice.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Dec 15 2018, 09:58 PM
TSnicefriendly
post Dec 24 2018, 07:43 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

Hey guys, it look like there are so many ways to lose weight, which method you find it is works for you?
galkelly
post Dec 26 2018, 03:57 PM

On my way
619 posts

QUOTE(nightshade_nova @ Dec 13 2018, 02:06 PM)
You gain back your weight because your hormones are not balanced.
Insulin and glucagon.

You need to understand why metabolism slows down. Watch this video.

Basically, metabolism slows down if your body cant use your fat as fuel, due to the presence of too much insulin circulated in your body.
To keep/increase metabolism, you need to decrease insulin spikes by reducing the number of times you eat per day.
This way, your body can use your fat when you lower your calorie intake, and doesnt have to slow down metabolism.

Search for OMAD (one meal a day) intermittent fasting and ketogenic diet.
The effect is best if you can do both. But even eating one meal a day is very impactful.
Advantages:

1. One big meal a day, you will learn how it truly feels to be "full" haha
2. One big meal a day means lower calorie per day is automated (you dont even have to count calories!)
3. Save A LOT of money, and you can focus on getting enough micronutrients and buying/cooking delicious food
4. After 3-4 days, your hunger hormone ghrelin will be completely regulated. The only hunger you will feel is psychological hunger, and not bodily/physiological hunger
5. Your insulin level will be lowered significantly = no low metabolism
6. Your bodily inflammation will be reduced because your body has plenty of time to get rid of toxic, inflammatory stuff without you adding more by constantly eating. You will see your skin, face especially, clearing up. I've known some ppl who said they "cant eat eggs, cos they will get pimples". After doing OMAD, eating eggs no longer causes pimples for them. My theory is that eating eggs only inflame them. But when inflammation is low, they can eat whatever and have no big inflammatory effects.
You absolutely have to give up snacks and social eating with this method tho.
But I guarantee you, it's worth it.  thumbup.gif
I m doing KETO, only manages to maintain weight.
Can share more on OMAD based on your experience
Tq.

nightshade_nova
post Dec 26 2018, 06:38 PM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(galkelly @ Dec 26 2018, 03:57 PM)
I m doing KETO, only manages to maintain weight.
Can share more on OMAD based on your experience
Tq.
Dont focus on weight. My weight is relatively stable too. But my waist size for example. Huge difference.
OMAD is easy. Just try to eat as much veggies as you can, manage your macros using app

You dont really have to track religiously. Just so that you are aware of how much you eat relative to what your body needs.
Samsung has that Samsung Health app can track your daily micro and macro nutrients.

I cook a lot of eggs cos Im a vegetarian. For my protein needs (cos Im weightlifting) I take whey protein too.
If youre not a vegetarian, its pretty easy just eat animal protein every day.
Eat veggies first so you'll feel full and dont overeat. (not likely to happen, but can happen)

The remaining calorie needs, just topup with oil and butter.
Drian
post Dec 28 2018, 10:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

Is hard to get low calorie diet on the long term. The body will try to go against you by lowering your metabolic rate.
You should focus on getting your hormones in check especially insulin.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0130sec    0.10    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:03 PM