Basically SG said that all along:
- Flight path doesn't affect any existing structure also, and
- Malaysia bagi tau je whenever got plans to build higher structures then SG will adjust the flight path accordingly.
What the video says: Structures 3km away from Seletar Airport cannot be built higher than 54m, while structures 6km away from Seletar cannot be built more than 145m. A mobile crane at 103m will breach the height limits and there are also other tall buildings in Johor.
What the facts are: The safety height buffer at the 3km mark is 93.8m, and at the 6km mark, it is 198.1m. This means the height of structures cannot exceed those figures.
Right now, the tallest structure in Pasir Gudang is 105m tall and is located 3.6km from Seletar Airport. So, it falls under the 198.1m height restriction. These height restrictions can be further adjusted if required .
- Edge of pasir gudang is 2.5km from edge of runway, which implies safety height buffer of 78.1m.
- Current ILS glide slope is 3.5deg. In comparison, London City Airport glide slope is 5.5deg.
- If Singapork increase glide slope to 5.5deg then height buffer is 123.0m @ 2.5km, 148.1m @ 3km, and 296.3m @ 6km