> Proton X70 Live

views

mingyuyu
post Dec 13 2018, 10:23 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

QUOTE(locomania @ Dec 13 2018, 08:31 PM)
Even majority manufacturers/dealers will normally offer additional rebate to buyers when approaching end of each year to clear the current year's inventory. Those from 2-3 years  old inventory or more will have even bigger rebate (but mostly from high end car like Merc/BMW etc, regular cars usually clear yearly)

But in the case of CBU, since the lead time for the car from after manufactured overseas, to be ready, registered & documented for export out, travel time to destination country, custom clearance, process & delivered to local dealers, etc, the time needed maybe from weeks to over 1.5 months. Meaning likely buyers receiving their car only after Feb or March 2019 will get 2019 car.

If I am wrong pls correct...
QUOTE(locomania @ Dec 13 2018, 08:38 PM)
If CKD, the lead time is much shorter, so by Feb can get 2019 car...Maybe that why not many units have arrive in Malaysia if Geely mgt wants to limit the 2018 inventory hence why test cars are not available yet. I may be wrong, just my guess...

Any one have more info?
didn't think about CBU previously, very likely it will be different as CKD as what you said.

need confirmation from car dealers rclxub.gif

any news on the delivery date of x70 though (or i slowpoke and missed some news haha)?
ycs
post Dec 13 2018, 10:34 PM

3,956 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Dec 13 2018, 10:23 PM)
didn't think about CBU previously, very likely it will be different as CKD as what you said.

need confirmation from car dealers  rclxub.gif

any news on the delivery date of x70 though (or i slowpoke and missed some news haha)?
apparently, 2,000 cbu units have been allocated to selected branches/dealers and its 1st come 1st served with LOU/cash buyer, based on booking; cars can only sit in dealers for 2 weeks only
syahmie8
post Dec 13 2018, 10:39 PM

17 posts

Side topic a bit.. Cannot understand why 4 ministry need to be consulted before can release the price of new car, if manufacturers want to release low price, due to proposal not approve by 4 ministry, end up car price become expensive.. While, for new housing area.. No need to discuss, developer can release any price they want.. Isn't it? Correct me if im wrong.
mingyuyu
post Dec 13 2018, 11:19 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

QUOTE(syahmie8 @ Dec 13 2018, 10:39 PM)
Side topic a bit.. Cannot understand why 4 ministry need to be consulted before can release the price of new car, if manufacturers want to release low price, due to proposal not approve by 4 ministry, end up car price become expensive.. While, for new housing area.. No need to discuss, developer can release any price they want.. Isn't it? Correct me if im wrong.
hahaha this is what's wrong with the new government, spending extra attention on the petty things instead of the bigger issues.

Vervain
post Dec 13 2018, 11:55 PM

Scathach
5,458 posts

QUOTE(EternalC @ Dec 13 2018, 11:33 AM)
if potong wants to re-brand themselves as a reliable brand, they shouldnt have put that kind of price tag on that car

not many will pay 100k for a lowest spec of a proton car, considering proton's history and all. they should've gone lower to build up their name first, to reestablish their brand in the market as economical and reliable brand.

you cant just jump from being an almost-failed brand into a very established brand category just like that. while the x70 is looks really good, pricing wise will discourage many people from buying.
nah, the price is just right. for standard, you get the same touch screen, rear camera, rear parking sensor, electronic rear folding and adjustable mirror, keyless entry, LED rear tail lamp. LED turn signal and projector headlamp, same 5 years warranty, same 5 years internet data, same number of air bags across all models. Now tell me which SUV company is kind enough to offer such compelling features under 100k?

QUOTE(yattnana @ Dec 13 2018, 12:51 PM)
A 70K ladderframe rwd P2 SUV won't stand a chance against the mighty BRV

-P2 badge vs H badge
-ancient 4AT vs modern earth dreams cvt
-ancient avanza RWD ladder frame chassis vs modern unibody FWD car-based chassis
-105bhp vs 120bhp
-3.2% vs 2.5% interest rate
ladder frame is strong. very strong. but not so good in handling lah.

QUOTE(idunnolol @ Dec 13 2018, 01:41 PM)
i contacted my dealer that took my deposit,she mentioned cannot test drive also

WTF man,i aint paying 123k if cannot test drive
some people willing to buy cars without test drive. I know who. well, if you're keen to take the risk, there are alot of risk taker out there. which is why SA would prefer to layan legit buyers than people who are still standing at the fence.
idunnolol
post Dec 14 2018, 02:25 AM

Regular
1,031 posts

QUOTE(Vervain @ Dec 13 2018, 11:55 PM)
nah, the price is just right. for standard, you get the same touch screen, rear camera, rear parking sensor, electronic rear folding and adjustable mirror, keyless entry, LED rear tail lamp. LED turn signal and projector headlamp, same 5 years warranty, same 5 years internet data, same number of air bags across all models. Now tell me which SUV company is kind enough to offer such compelling features under 100k?
ladder frame is strong. very strong. but not so good in handling lah.
some people willing to buy cars without test drive. I know who. well, if you're keen to take the risk, there are alot of risk taker out there. which is why SA would prefer to layan legit buyers than people who are still standing at the fence.
this is my 4th proton from the same dealer in the past 5 year. If i am not a serious buyer then i dont know what is it liao

They dont even have a bloody showroom unit. I am not that retarded to throw 123k into something i cant see or test drive.

WTF is proton even thinking
wild_card_my
post Dec 14 2018, 09:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(idunnolol @ Dec 14 2018, 02:25 AM)
this is my 4th proton from the same dealer in the past 5 year. If i am not a serious buyer then i dont know what is it liao

They dont even have a bloody showroom unit. I am not that retarded to throw 123k into something i cant see or test drive.

Most likely there are limited units so for the time being they are unable to provide test drive units. I am sure things will change, but the management has to make this clear. You can't rely on dealers and sales-people not directly connected to the management to convey the best intentions of the company.
rakyat
post Dec 14 2018, 09:24 AM

I got stars
1,349 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Dec 13 2018, 10:23 PM)

need confirmation from car dealers  rclxub.gif

Just put in my booking and the SA said it will take 2 to 3 months for delivery ie will get my car around February.

I think Proton is estimating based on the lead time to fulfill the 10k pre-orders (of which I expect half will cancel their order since many optimists were expecting RM80k price tag)
SUSPLOUFFLE
post Dec 14 2018, 09:32 AM

Casual
442 posts

QUOTE(bereev @ Dec 12 2018, 09:04 PM)
geely amaoi
China or malaysian??
bereev
post Dec 14 2018, 09:34 AM

Getting Started
247 posts

QUOTE(PLOUFFLE @ Dec 14 2018, 09:32 AM)
China or malaysian??
by looking the spec look like made in Prc
ridox_orimabu
post Dec 14 2018, 09:50 AM

Rightly Guided Leadership
1,866 posts

i remmber last time my mum bought the Toyota Rush.

she cannot test drive it also.

The rush as everyone knows, have lots of problem and feels floating. immediate regret.

now Proton X70 also cannot test drive. i know its limited. but this is crazy.
locomania
post Dec 14 2018, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(rakyat @ Dec 14 2018, 09:24 AM)
Just put in my booking and the SA said it will take 2 to 3 months for delivery ie will get my car around February. 

I think Proton is estimating based on the lead time to fulfill the 10k pre-orders (of which I expect half will cancel their order since many optimists were expecting RM80k price tag)
Likely, those that pre-booked can get their car this month once loan approved according to SA.
locomania
post Dec 14 2018, 11:03 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(ridox_orimabu @ Dec 14 2018, 09:50 AM)
i remmber last time my mum bought the Toyota Rush.

she cannot test drive it also.

The rush as everyone knows, have lots of problem and feels floating. immediate regret.

now Proton X70 also cannot test drive. i know its limited. but this is crazy.
Cannot test drive X70 is just temporary. CEO and some SA already said later there will be test drive cars. Just that for some unknown reasons to us some SA miss-communicated (albeit unprofessional like). Maybe just want to totally cut off your expectation for a test drive, hopefully you just decide to buy due to the euphoria and the SA can close sale.

Maybe SA think if buyers come for test drive later, maybe will end up buying from different SA or branch....

ridox_orimabu
post Dec 14 2018, 11:42 AM

Rightly Guided Leadership
1,866 posts

QUOTE(locomania @ Dec 14 2018, 11:03 AM)
Cannot test drive X70 is just temporary. CEO and some SA already said later there will be test drive cars. Just that for some unknown reasons to us some SA miss-communicated (albeit unprofessional like). Maybe just want to totally cut off your expectation for a test drive, hopefully you just decide to buy due to the euphoria and the SA can close sale.

Maybe SA think if buyers come for test drive later, maybe will end up buying from different SA or branch....
cool strategy for whatever the SA think they could boost the sales. If the way of market is right, it will still boost the sales no matter what.

there is no other suv being offered at this price with all those tech and premium feel.

what the SA did was just giving the X70 another handicap which is stupid.

people will think , oh f no test drive? f it lah!

it will back fire. laugh.gif
ayamxxx
post Dec 14 2018, 01:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(ridox_orimabu @ Dec 14 2018, 11:42 AM)
cool strategy for whatever the SA think they could boost the sales. If the way of market is right, it will still boost the sales no matter what.

there is no other suv being offered at this price with all those tech and premium feel.

what the SA did was just giving the X70 another handicap which is stupid.

people will think , oh f no test drive? f it lah!

it will back fire.  laugh.gif
For sure free gift also dont give. Since they arrogantly thought people all will buy. Even bmw give free coating, branded tinted and etc.
ramboramsey
post Dec 14 2018, 05:33 PM

2 posts

After asking around now i know why the test drive unit is not available or very, very limited.

Because they only got 10,000 AP to import. order as of yesterday shoots to 15K paid booking and approved loan. Not enough cars to sell now. Almost all who attended pre booking event paid straight away and get their loan approved. After official price launce they provide special rebate for 1st 2000 customers (free service only) and those waiting for 2019 stocks can only received cars in Feb '19. CKD can only come in mid year.
Laku keras gila
Vervain
post Dec 15 2018, 02:12 AM

Scathach
5,458 posts

QUOTE(idunnolol @ Dec 14 2018, 02:25 AM)

Hype train. It has gone too hot and too wild that they're unable to control the demand. Current focus for most SA are to deliver those whom have placed their trust in buying the car without test driving it. Sure you're upset. But getting genuine customers or current buyers even more upset damages the branding.

QUOTE(ramboramsey @ Dec 14 2018, 05:33 PM)
After asking around now i know why the test drive unit is not available or very, very limited.

Because they only got 10,000 AP to import. order as of yesterday shoots to 15K paid booking and approved loan. Not enough cars to sell now. Almost all who attended pre booking event paid straight away and get their loan approved. After official price launce they provide special rebate for 1st 2000 customers (free service only) and those waiting for 2019 stocks can only received cars in Feb '19. CKD can only come in mid year.
Laku keras gila
Fuh. Kinda agree on this. My dad who can't even drive asked me to help him cash out his savings so that he can buy the x70 asap. Btw he's long retired so it's ok to biar papa asal bergaya. He just want to challenge his son who owns a big SUV as well
chicaman
post Dec 15 2018, 12:15 PM

( ;゚Д゚) t(-.-t)
9,651 posts

Waiting for second hand to flood the market after 2 years with Engine Leaking issue and Transmission problem

See you guys in 2 years
rd33
post Dec 15 2018, 12:28 PM

Enthusiast
868 posts

QUOTE(chicaman @ Dec 15 2018, 12:15 PM)
Waiting for second hand to flood the market after 2 years with Engine Leaking issue and Transmission problem

See you guys in 2 years
what i notice is if the car FC is damn high its already a bad sign. The wear & tear of the engine will be fast. Because if the FC is high, means more heat and energy in the engine. Thus if more heat means the wear & tear of the components in the engine will be fast too. Just my logical 2cents.
ketupatlazat
post Dec 15 2018, 12:29 PM

On my way
545 posts

wow ploton 100k n above also kena sapu habis

ekonomi manyak vaguss ini

23 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    0.57    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:24 AM