Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Can enlighten what the co doing with share price ?, What is the logic behind ?

views

TSLeft4Dead2
post Dec 12 2018, 06:27 PM, updated 6y ago

Regular
1,085 posts

NETX Holdings Bhd

This nobody listed co doing some e-business since few years ago it's share price around rm.02 then shot to rm.10

After that come to rm.05 then got foreign bank invest about rm21mil last year together with few private placement around rm.04

Then this foreign bank secretly sold all its shares about 5% shareholding without Bursa announcement around rm.04 or lower. Ever since share price drop to around rm.03 to now rm.015

So i dont know what this foreign bank and management doing behind this exercise. What is their motive and gain ?

Can someone explain ?
Yggdrasil
post Dec 12 2018, 10:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,208 posts

Where you get the information?
TSLeft4Dead2
post Dec 13 2018, 09:09 AM

Regular
1,085 posts

QUOTE(Yggdrasil @ Dec 12 2018, 10:31 PM)
Where you get the information?
During AGM someone bring up, the management also dont know the foreign bank sold their shares, substantial shareholder leh. U investing rm21mil shares into a listed co. after that sell quietly within a year instead of holding them for return in the first place, what's the point ? Something fishy inside hmm.gif
Yggdrasil
post Dec 13 2018, 04:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,208 posts

Usually substantial shareholders are those who own at least 5% of total equity. They are required to report to Bursa. I think the person probably made that up.
cherroy
post Dec 13 2018, 05:00 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(Left4Dead2 @ Dec 13 2018, 09:09 AM)
During AGM someone bring up, the management also dont know the foreign bank sold their shares, substantial shareholder leh. U investing rm21mil shares into a listed co. after that sell quietly within a year instead of holding them for return in the first place, what's the point ? Something fishy inside  hmm.gif
There are some funds out there that may be looking for quick return as well.
Not every fund or investing money adopts buy and hold one.
Somemore, if sold in the period of 1 year, doesn't seem weird.
Sell within a week may be.

As mentioned, it was private placement, the private placement generally may be sold at some discount to market price, whereby fund can reap profit through the difference.

Rm21 mil in term of foreign fund eye may just merely USD 4mil, that may not significant for them as well.

Each day KLSE traded over about Rm2 bil worth of shares already.

TSLeft4Dead2
post Dec 13 2018, 05:44 PM

Regular
1,085 posts

QUOTE(Yggdrasil @ Dec 13 2018, 04:46 PM)
Usually substantial shareholders are those who own at least 5% of total equity. They are required to report to Bursa. I think the person probably made that up.
The foreign bank not in the top 30 shareholder list and nominee

QUOTE(cherroy @ Dec 13 2018, 05:00 PM)
There are some funds out there that may be looking for quick return as well.
Not every fund or investing money adopts buy and hold one.
Somemore, if sold in the period of 1 year, doesn't seem weird.
Sell within a week may be.

As mentioned, it was private placement, the private placement generally may be sold at some discount to market price, whereby fund can reap profit through the difference.

Rm21 mil in term of foreign fund eye may just merely USD 4mil, that may not significant for them as well.

Each day KLSE traded over about Rm2 bil worth of shares already.
If you comparing whole market of course everything also small lah. That RM21mil is equivalent to the Co. shares cap value at that time of issue
Yggdrasil
post Dec 13 2018, 08:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,208 posts

QUOTE(Left4Dead2 @ Dec 13 2018, 05:44 PM)
The foreign bank not in the top 30 shareholder list and nominee
You are confusing 5% shareholding candidate Top 30 shareholder list. You can be in the Top 30 shareholders even if you don't own 5% of total share capital.
TSLeft4Dead2
post Dec 13 2018, 09:02 PM

Regular
1,085 posts

QUOTE(Yggdrasil @ Dec 13 2018, 08:47 PM)
You are confusing 5% shareholding candidate Top 30 shareholder list. You can be in the Top 30 shareholders even if you don't own 5% of total share capital.
Bro, read my text properly again. The amount shares that foreign bank bought around 5% of the total co share. And the bank is NOT in the top 30 shareholder list. Second largest shareholder holds 1.8% only
cherroy
post Dec 13 2018, 10:12 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(Left4Dead2 @ Dec 13 2018, 09:02 PM)
Bro, read my text properly again. The amount shares that foreign bank bought around 5% of the total co share. And the bank is NOT in the top 30 shareholder list. Second largest shareholder holds 1.8% only
I guess something is confusing here.

If an entity that has own or bought more than 5% of the company total shareholding, they are classified as substantial shareholders, whereby any purchase or sale of share, they need to report to KLSE even transact 1 share.

The top 30 shareholder list in annual report has a cut off date, if the bank bought after the cut off day, then it won't appear the annual report in that year, but it still needs to report to KLSE whenever they cross the 5% holding.

TSLeft4Dead2
post Dec 14 2018, 09:16 AM

Regular
1,085 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Dec 13 2018, 10:12 PM)
I guess something is confusing here.

If an entity that has own or bought more than 5% of the company total shareholding, they are classified as substantial shareholders, whereby any purchase or sale of share, they need to report to KLSE even transact 1 share.

The top 30 shareholder list in annual report has a cut off date, if the bank bought after the cut off day, then it won't appear the annual report in that year, but it still needs to report to KLSE whenever they cross the 5% holding.
You can look at their recent annual report (top 30 same as last year) and announcement. No disclosure whatever after foreign bank share buy completion in Jan 2018

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed...cements/5670573

I find it weird for a foreign bank to invest such amount and withdraw quickly without commercial reason and shares profit
TSLeft4Dead2
post Dec 19 2018, 12:01 PM

Regular
1,085 posts

Anyone ?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:47 PM