Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xiaomi Pocophone F1 charger (different look), 2 types

views

TSakatsuki_91
post Dec 12 2018, 03:20 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
89 posts

Those who are using or already bought this kind of smartphone, have you notice that there are complaints been made by some people that the product come with production made in Indonesia and China? How come there are two places? I thought it is made in China?

Funny thing is, the charger of the smartphone. If it is made in Indonesia, the charger has 2-pins only. But if made in China the charger has 3-pins. 2-pins means not original or ?
QWERTYUIOP12
post Dec 12 2018, 07:56 PM

On my way
570 posts

Ugh, Xiaomi had give out official statement regarding this matter in their official FB page. It is definitely original as long as you buy directly from official Xiaomi channel.
TSakatsuki_91
post Dec 12 2018, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(QWERTYUIOP12 @ Dec 12 2018, 08:56 PM)
Ugh, Xiaomi had give out official statement regarding this matter in their official FB page. It is definitely original as long as you buy directly from official Xiaomi channel.
I ordered and bought directly from Xiaomi channel on LAZADA but the reviews got many people complained about the 2-pins of charger and there is a review complaining about it is root and cannot run WeChat. Those reviews made me doubting already @@.

This evening, I contacted LAZADA Customer Service and they told me when I receive the item later to go check the IMEI number on Xiaomi site whether the product is original or not. If not original, they say I can go report for a refund and return of item. Thing that made me doubting on the originality is the reviews made by customers there.
Ludwig.
post Dec 12 2018, 10:50 PM

LOOOL
532 posts

please do read the tnc on ecommerce websites about their return policies, but Shopee and Lazada usually gives a 2 week deadline to return the purchased goods to the seller in order to receive a refund.

that being said, i've been using my pocophone since launch and there were no problems in terms of questioning if it was authentic or not. additionally, my charger is the standard 3 pin prong.
QWERTYUIOP12
post Dec 13 2018, 12:14 AM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(akatsuki_91 @ Dec 12 2018, 10:45 PM)
I ordered and bought directly from Xiaomi channel on LAZADA but the reviews got many people complained about the 2-pins of charger and there is a review complaining about it is root and cannot run WeChat. Those reviews made me doubting already @@.

This evening, I contacted LAZADA Customer Service and they told me when I receive the item later to go check the IMEI number on Xiaomi site whether the product is original or not. If not original, they say I can go report for a refund and return of item. Thing that made me doubting on the originality is the reviews made by customers there.
It is due to a kind of software bug that make Wechat pay cannot be use. If u are so unsure your Poco F1 is still 'virgin', you can install "Root Checker" app or try to run any app that require rooting.

Poco F1 is a high demand smartphone. Stock might not be enough, therefore they bring here the sets meant for Indonesia ( Xiaomi, Poco's parents company, has a factory there, and Indonesia is the closest country to Malaysia ).

Poco F1 although seems great when looking at the specs, is actually not one expected it supposed to be (Please, don't counter argue by using its price as the argument point. It's no use to have such high specs but performance and quality is not up to mark). If you still in doubt, just return it while you still can and bought another smartphone that is true to itself.
TSakatsuki_91
post Dec 13 2018, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(QWERTYUIOP12 @ Dec 13 2018, 01:14 AM)
It is due to a kind of software bug that make Wechat pay cannot be use. If u are so unsure your Poco F1 is still 'virgin', you can install "Root Checker" app or try to run any app that require rooting.

Poco F1 is a high demand smartphone. Stock might not be enough, therefore they bring here the sets meant for Indonesia  ( Xiaomi, Poco's parents company, has a factory there, and Indonesia is the closest country to Malaysia ).

Poco F1 although seems great when looking at the specs, is actually not one expected it supposed to be (Please, don't counter argue by using its price as the argument point. It's no use to have such high specs but performance and quality is not up to mark). If you still in doubt, just return it while you still can and bought another smartphone that is true to itself.
The agent who contacted me got told me that different country usually has different shape of charger. That's why the reviews there mostly are complaining 2-pins. I feel better about that actually. If you said Xiaomi really has manufacturer or company in Indonesia also, then I should feel much better as it makes sense. Maybe those reviewers don't know how to check the IMEI number.

Thanks anyway ~
QWERTYUIOP12
post Dec 13 2018, 09:29 PM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(akatsuki_91 @ Dec 13 2018, 01:04 AM)
The agent who contacted me got told me that different country usually has different shape of charger. That's why the reviews there mostly are complaining 2-pins. I feel better about that actually. If you said Xiaomi really has manufacturer or company in Indonesia also, then I should feel much better as it makes sense. Maybe those reviewers don't know how to check the IMEI number.

Thanks anyway ~
Yes, the agent you had contacted is correct.

The 2 pins one usually sets came from Indonesia. Please, keep
safely the received invoice as proof of purchase in case you have some discord with the SC while claiming for warranty. Having an unboxing video is great too .

U r welcome.

This post has been edited by QWERTYUIOP12: Dec 13 2018, 09:31 PM
KannaSai1
post Dec 13 2018, 10:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(QWERTYUIOP12 @ Dec 13 2018, 09:29 PM)
Yes, the agent you had contacted is correct.

The 2 pins one usually sets came from Indonesia. Please, keep
safely the received invoice as proof of purchase in case you have some discord with the SC while claiming for warranty. Having an unboxing video is great too .

U r welcome.
Lazada don't have the invoice
QWERTYUIOP12
post Dec 14 2018, 07:09 AM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Dec 13 2018, 10:16 PM)
Lazada don't have the invoice
They will send a softcopy through e-mail (if you did registered one). If still not receiving any, you can ask for it from the CS.

This post has been edited by QWERTYUIOP12: Dec 14 2018, 07:10 AM
virgoguy
post Dec 14 2018, 12:15 PM

On my way
539 posts

Just got.mine today. Also made from Indonesia
stij
post Dec 18 2018, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(akatsuki_91 @ Dec 12 2018, 03:20 PM)
Those who are using or already bought this kind of smartphone, have you notice that there are complaints been made by some people that the product come with production made in Indonesia and China? How come there are two places? I thought it is made in China?

Funny thing is, the charger of the smartphone. If it is made in Indonesia, the charger has 2-pins only. But if made in China the charger has 3-pins. 2-pins means not original or ?
QUOTE(akatsuki_91 @ Dec 12 2018, 10:45 PM)

XiaoMi Pocophone actually made in Indonesia as the factory is there , and nearest to Malaysia , so that's why they give us 2-pins adapter and funnier is, TAM (WARRANTY) is from Indonesia too, I'm not sure about how we claim our unit in the future if got things

Wechat issue is now fixed alread since the latest MIUI10

Tinted camera is not a hardware issue as well, it's the software issue

Ghost touch is not an issue I think if the unit came from Indonesia

Don't doubt to get one, build quality is acceptable for that price (sorry) and performance is much worth than anything 😄
TSakatsuki_91
post Dec 19 2018, 04:06 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(stij @ Dec 18 2018, 10:20 PM)
XiaoMi Pocophone actually made in Indonesia as the factory is there , and nearest to Malaysia , so that's why they give us 2-pins adapter and funnier is, TAM (WARRANTY) is from Indonesia too, I'm not sure about how we claim our unit in the future if got things

Wechat issue is now fixed alread since the latest MIUI10

Tinted camera is not a hardware issue as well, it's the software issue

Ghost touch is not an issue I think if the unit came from Indonesia

Don't doubt to get one, build quality is acceptable for that price (sorry) and performance is much worth than anything 😄
It is a very good smartphone for those who can't afford 2k or 3k+ MYR smartphones ^^
To me, this Pocophone F1 is worth enough because its performance is very smooth and fast. Plus, very easy to press here and there smile.gif
Only one thing to worry about this smartphone which is the screen might break if directly accidentally dropped onto floor or hard-surface ground. Therefore, we need to keep it carefully and always have the silicon cover in good place smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:11 AM